What's new

Conley hamstringing again

They think think they can win without Conley, we shall see, They must want him fresh to chase around Paul and Payne,but if we dont get through this series Conley will just be chasin his tail this Summer

Holy ****, the responses in this thread are laughable.

We are sitting at 130M in guaranteed salary without Conley and the luxury tax is 136M.

We need to bring him back or we just lose an asset we can’t make up. There is no one else to sign.

Also, again with the trade bs. We traded Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder and picks for Conley. Considering our recent history with draft picks drafting guys like Azubuike ahead of wings who can defend and shoot you guys are sure confident. Crowder left Miami for Phoenix after making the Finals. What makes you think he’d be here right now?

We wouldn’t be in this position without Mike and it is blatantly obvious we are a better team with him.

We can win tonight and go back to Utah with a 3-1 lead. Hell, imagine winning the series without him and having him fresh for Phoenix. That would be awesome.
I don't think people get it at all. If we make changes they need to come with the players under contract... not with Mike. Bring Mike back at any reasonable price that gets it done. Then you move Bogey, JC, Favs to make the budget work... or maybe Ryan will bite the bullet since we've been so good this year. We can't even do a sign and trade because we will be over the apron.

We will have exceptions but we might be able to lure a ring chasing 7/8th man for the minimum... we've had some success and should get some of those perks.

I don't think people get it at all. If we make changes they need to come with the players under contract... not with Mike. Bring Mike back at any reasonable price that gets it done. Then you move Bogey, JC, Favs to make the budget work... or maybe Ryan will bite the bullet since we've been so good this year. We can't even do a sign and trade because we will be over the apron.

We will have exceptions but we might be able to lure a ring chasing 7/8th man for the minimum... we've had some success and should get some of those perks.

It’s a very common misconception with fans. They think you can spend whatever money that player was making on someone else.

This series is far from over. The absolute worst case scenario after tonight is we are tied 2-2 going back to Utah.

The one thing that I can’t wrap my head around is, is two days going to make that big of a difference for Conley? Is there some magic number? I don’t get it.

I fully expect Kawhi to absolutely roast the Jazz tonight. I think the first two games where him just learning how our defense was going to play him and now he's in full terminator mode.

Got to make PG and Reggie Jackson feel pressure on shots and hope they miss, especially Jackson. Jazz cant have another game of Jackson burying them from deep.
Well here's the other thing to remember; Marcus Morris has been *** all series and I don't see why that will necessarily continue.

Here’s the crazy thing, even if we lose game 4, if Conley comes back game 5 healthy I still think we are the favorites to win it all. We can beat the clippers 2 out of 3 at home with Conley.

But we are running out of time and while we MAY beat LA without Mike we ain’t beating the suns without him. Period.
Yeah, we are still ahead 2-1. Worst case, we play the best of 3 with two homes games and Conley most likely available. The problem is what's next...it's hard to imagine both Donovan and Mike being fully healthy for the WCF (and finals if we get there). And this is happening even though we were really cautious with their injuries (and everyone was freaking out about the #1 seed). In hindsight, most probably now wishes they had rested even longer. Anyway, I hope today we defend better and bomb LA from 3.

Game 5 is what I’ve been expecting. If he doesn’t play in game 5 I’ll be quite worried.

We have to keep Conley because we can't replace him due to our cap situation.

Just sucks that he missed 2 playoff games last year (1-1) and now his fourth game this postseason (2-1). If we somehow cannot win this series regardless of if he comes back games 5, 6 or 7, it's extremely frustrating that he can't be active. The best ability is availability.

Let hope he's back next game.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm no trainer but isn't hamstring problems preventable with pregame warmups and stretching and in game measures to keep it from injury etc

Professional athletes and movie makers are the softest humans on the planet. Imagine telling your boss your going to take off 2 weeks cause your leg is stiff. Oh and you still get paid in full.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Professional athletes and movie makers are the softest humans on the planet. Imagine telling your boss your going to take off 2 weeks cause your leg is stiff. Oh and you still get paid in full.

Except in this case it's more likely the other way around.

At some point in this series Jazz will have to play Conley regardless if desperate, even if it means losing Conley for rest of playoffs
Jazz need to win this series at all costs

The players aren't insisting they sit, it's the trainers and FO. Duh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
Sure. Then tell the trainer your not sore. Mitchell decided to use his own trainers and then the Jazz trainers got offended and told Mitch he wasn't cleare after he decided he was instead of getting their ok.
Conley has missed like 4 months in 2 years cause his hammy gets "stiff"

At this point I hate Conley all over again.
I know it isn’t his fault that he’s injured, but it just proves the point that he’s too old and too expensive. My original thoughts about the trade coming full circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if we retain Conley next year, but only if we bleed other assets, then we get to put those assets on the list of assets we burned to get Conley in the first place, right? Yes we do.
What assets are we bleeding if we resign him? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems we will be capped out resigned or not, right or wrong? If that’s the case, assuming the $ and years are correct why not resign him, unless we would have space if we let him walk. I just want to know what the options are in making the team better. All I know is.. when healthy Conley makes us really good, championship contenders even, but the trick is keeping him on the court. Maybe the answer is load management during the season so he can carry the load in the playoffs, I don’t know. So, with that said.. what are the pros and cons of resigning him? If we don’t, how do we add to the Mike Conley-less jazz?

What assets are we bleeding if we resign him? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems we will be capped out resigned or not, right or wrong? If that’s the case, assuming the $ and years are correct why not resign him, unless we would have space if we let him walk. I just want to know what the options are in making the team better. All I know is.. when healthy Conley makes us really good, championship contenders even, but the trick is keeping him on the court. Maybe the answer is load management during the season so he can carry the load in the playoffs, I don’t know. So, with that said.. what are the pros and cons of resigning him? If we don’t, how do we add to the Mike Conley-less jazz?
So I don't know if you know what money is or how billionaires acquire so much of it, but it's not because they just yawn through burning dozens of millions of dollars a year. The LT ramifications of keeping this team together through next year (and especially beyond) are basically unprecedented.

The Jazz are not keeping this team together beyond next year (at best), guaranteed.