What's new

Conley hamstringing again

So I don't know if you know what money is or how billionaires acquire so much of it, but it's not because they just yawn through burning dozens of millions of dollars a year. The LT ramifications of keeping this team together through next year (and especially beyond) are basically unprecedented.

The Jazz are not keeping this team together beyond next year (at best), guaranteed.
I don’t care about someone’s pockets, not what my post was about,I just want to know the outcomes of keeping or letting Mike walk in regards to improving the team over the next 2-4 seasons.

An interesting deleted tweet by Tony. Sometimes I feel like Tony will tell us something without actually telling us. You have to wonder if the Conley situation is what Mitchell’s cryptic stuff on IG is about. Who know what all the things going into Mike not playing are about, but Mikes heading into a contract year and it would be unwise to go out and tear your hamstring.
1EF67351-7ABC-40C2-BE38-CA2AF8E50D07.jpeg

An interesting deleted tweet by Tony. Sometimes I feel like Tony will tell us something without actually telling us. You have to wonder if the Conley situation is what Mitchell’s cryptic stuff on IG is about. Who know what all the things going into Mike not playing are about, but Mikes heading into a contract year and it would be unwise to go out and tear your hamstring.
View attachment 10795
Mike has really wanted to be an all-star. Mike has made over $200 million in basketball earnings alone. Right now he's playing for legacy. This is the best shot he's had at a title. I don't believe Mike is holding himself out. I still stand by the belief that we're trying to be cute with this and trying to "be extra cautious so we don't lose Mike for when we need him later in the playoffs" and not focusing on the real issue at hand that it's possible there may not be a later.

Mike has really wanted to be an all-star. Mike has made over $200 million in basketball earnings alone. Right now he's playing for legacy. This is the best shot he's had at a title. I don't believe Mike is holding himself out. I still stand by the belief that we're trying to be cute with this and trying to "be extra cautious so we don't lose Mike for when we need him later in the playoffs" and not focusing on the real issue at hand that it's possible there may not be a later.

Game 5 will be telling.

I think the medical staff is weighing health at 100% and situation at 0%. Like I said Tony will hint at something at times. I didn’t think Dons answer last night seemed very frustrated at all tbh. So I was surprised to see Tony say this. I’m guessing Mike would like to play, but Mike is also not going to pull the stunts Donovan did to get cleared to play. I expect Mike back for game 5. I would guess Mitchell’s IG posts are in fact in relation to this though. Also, if I had $200 million, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want $100 million more. He severely hurts his hamstring and that next contract takes a major hit.

Game 5 will be telling.
I 100% believe the staff will clear him if he’s anywhere close for game 5. 14 days has been their standard for recovery on this with him. If he doesn’t play game 5, it’s either worse than we all think, or we’re being extremely extremely cautious either on the staff side or Mike side. However Mike did play in Memphis with a broken face at one point so I won’t necassarily question his will or want to play.

I think the medical staff is weighing health at 100% and situation at 0%. Like I said Tony will hint at something at times. I didn’t think Dons answer last night seemed very frustrated at all tbh. So I was surprised to see Tony say this. I’m guessing Mike would like to play, but Mike is also not going to pull the stunts Donovan did to get cleared to play. I expect Mike back for game 5. I would guess Mitchell’s IG posts are in fact in relation to this though. Also, if I had $200 million, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want $100 million more. He severely hurts his hamstring and that next contract takes a major hit.
Of course people always want more money, and Mike will make money somewhere regardless. You don't have the opportunity at a championship always. Mike can be a part of that and not some vet-discount ride-along in a big market. When you have that kind of money, the holes in your life become more and more magnified, and a championship becomes one of those things you may focus more on.

I 100% believe the staff will clear him if he’s anywhere close for game 5. 14 days has been their standard for recovery on this with him. If he doesn’t play game 5, it’s either worse than we all think, or we’re being extremely extremely cautious either on the staff side or Mike side. However Mike did play in Memphis with a broken face at one point so I won’t necassarily question his will or want to play.

If he isn’t out there Game 5 he’s not coming back this series.

"Pull the stunts Donovan did" ?

Do you taste the crap when you talk out of your butt?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I can't believe he's not playing yet. A week of questionable. If he was close enough to play to be questionable, why a week later isn't he playing?

Yes pull the stunts. He’s not gonna go on social media and send passive aggressive messages and then run to the media and whine.
Rudy is going to the media whining. We have no idea what Don's social media is referring to.

Why don't you whine about the clear and obvious instead of playing Nostradumbass on what you think Don is or isn't saying.

I'll be surprised if we see Conley again in the playoffs. Which means we really **** the bed on that acquisition. It would be bad luck if there wasn't already a rich history of missing games due to injury, as in basically every season he has played. We had to know it would be just a matter of time, and now, of course, is the time.

Just more fuel for those of us who felt those assets would have been better used on a different player.

I'll be surprised if we see Conley again in the playoffs. Which means we really **** the bed on that acquisition. It would be bad luck if there wasn't already a rich history of missing games due to injury, as in basically every season he has played. We had to know it would be just a matter of time, and now, of course, is the time.

Just more fuel for those of us who felt those assets would have been better used on a different player.
What sucks is we still owe our 2022 1st to Memphis for Conley. If we blow this series and our roster implodes due to Rudy/Don issues, then we might be giving up a more valuable pick than something in the late 20s.

I would much rather be wrong about the Conley deal and we succeed than be right and we don't.

So much rides on that little lefty's ability to get his butt back on the court.

What sucks is we still owe our 2022 1st to Memphis for Conley. If we blow this series and our roster implodes due to Rudy/Don issues, then we might be giving up a more valuable pick than something in the late 20s.

I would much rather be wrong about the Conley deal and we succeed than be right and we don't.

So much rides on that little lefty's ability to get his butt back on the court.

At this point, he needs to play, and if he doesn't and we lose to the Clippers, then there is a lot of blame to throw around, and that includes Conley, who like DM should demand to play.