What's new

Coronavirus

I think the science backs up your assertion. I'm still wearing a mask if I have to be around anyone for any length of time. We have been asked to wear them around the office, which I do (although most do not). And I wear one to the grocery store because way too many people get too close. But I'm taking as much care as possible to ensure that I stay away from people as I'm in a high risk category. And I've decided to quit freaking out about what other people choose to do.

common sense I consult with ppl in a small confined space so I’ll wear a mask when I get right up close with someone but otherwise I don’t feel the need to. If I was high risk I might wear one more often

An interesting inquiry arose today. I have a patient on a QT-prolonging medication (the same mechanism by which media [and others who had previously never heard of the medication] had classified hydroxychloroquine as dangerous and deadly for) and I was needing them to get an EKG for monitoring if they were going to continue this. However, the facility they are at does not want anyone leaving (because of COVID) unless it’s absolutely necessary. So here we have two scenarios that the collective have assured of being very high in danger. Fearfully so. Deadly, perhaps. What should I do?

An interesting inquiry arose today. I have a patient on a QT-prolonging medication (the same mechanism by which media [and others who had previously never heard of the medication] had classified hydroxychloroquine as dangerous and deadly for) and I was needing them to get an EKG for monitoring if they were going to continue this. However, the facility they are at does not want anyone leaving (because of COVID) unless it’s absolutely necessary. So here we have two scenarios that the collective have assured of being very high in danger. Fearfully so. Deadly, perhaps. What should I do?

Throw 'em in the volcano.

Honestly, hell if I know, best of luck caring for any and all during what I'm sure are extra trying times.

We appreciate you face difficult decisions on a regular basis.

Did @infection really ask Jazzfanz for their medical advise?
No. It’s more a reflection of the absurdity of the politicization of recent issues where daily decisions are thrust into the public spotlight, with many heavy on opinion and light on experience, and that public pressure funnels backwards toward trying to implement new standards of care. I thought this particular juxtaposition of issues was interesting when it was proposed because it represented the ultimate public conflict between two perceived situations of “thou shalt surely die.”

If the medication is necessary and an EKG is needed to monitor their health to continue said meds, it is a no brainer. You send them to get the EKG. **** the collective.

the lengths people go and the contortions they go through to defend trumpy is truly amazing. It makes you understand how cults work.
I just had a super frustrating convo with some old white dudes... The declared Trump isn't racist... I said he was... by the end they said "okay I'll give you that he's a racist but..." Like it was something that didn't matter. And I truly understand why the phrasing of Black Lives Matter is used now... to most they just don't care if it does not affect them.

I just want a president that isn't embarrassing... I don't think Biden or Trump deliver that... but Biden's brank of embarrassment is better than Trump's. I think Mickey Mouse has a shot this year... I might be voting for him.

I just had a super frustrating convo with some old white dudes... The declared Trump isn't racist... I said he was... by the end they said "okay I'll give you that he's a racist but..." Like it was something that didn't matter. And I truly understand why the phrasing of Black Lives Matter is used now... to most they just don't care if it does not affect them.

I just want a president that isn't embarrassing... I don't think Biden or Trump deliver that... but Biden's brank of embarrassment is better than Trump's. I think Mickey Mouse has a shot this year... I might be voting for him.

I think the term racist is thrown around way way way way too freely. I don't think Trump is actually racist, well maybe a little. I just think he is incredibly selfish and has no self awareness. I honestly don't think he dislikes blacks or mexicans. I'm sure he thinks just as little of poor whites, but he has to pretend to like him because they vote for him.

I think the term racist is thrown around way way way way too freely. I don't think Trump is actually racist, well maybe a little. I just think he is incredibly selfish and has no self awareness. I honestly don't think he dislikes blacks or mexicans. I'm sure he thinks just as little of poor whites, but he has to pretend to like him because they vote for him.

It depends on your definition. Like I don't think he walks around the white house using the N word. They colored it as he isn't sensitive to race and other things... I said "well if you aren't sensitive to discrimination isn't that racist behavior?"

People are nuanced and inconsistent... whether we want to call him a little racist or just insensitive...he is a disgusting selfish person. I have no idea what will happen if he is re-elected but it won't be good imo… I just don't know how we got here.

It depends on your definition. Like I don't think he walks around the white house using the N word. They colored it as he isn't sensitive to race and other things... I said "well if you aren't sensitive to discrimination isn't that racist behavior?"

People are nuanced and inconsistent... whether we want to call him a little racist or just insensitive...he is a disgusting selfish person. I have no idea what will happen if he is re-elected but it won't be good imo… I just don't know how we got here.

I agree whole heartedly with your last paragraph. It seems like anyone thats not putting minorities front and center in their lives is being labeled a racist. Gotta look out for #1 ya know.

Central Park Five. Birtherism.

I think racism is so ingrained in white folks that they don't even know it is there.

We have videos out there that show how rampant explicit racism is.

The internet is filled with explicit racism.

And the explicit side is just the tip of the iceberg.

He is racist. And not just a little. There is no doubt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He is racist. And not just a little. There is no doubt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Idk, I think there is a difference between not caring about anyone but yourself and hating minorities more than whites. I think he hates everyone that he feels is less than him equally, except for the poor he can trick into voting for him.

I could be wrong though, whenever I hear stuff from him being attributed to him being a racist I think its a stretch. I think him calling illegals rapists and murders the worst thing he's said. Then there is his housing issues from back in the day, but I attribute that to more being a capitalist and looking to make every possible penny from things than him being against minorities.

I'm starting to sound like a Trumper, but I promise anyone that knows me personally would call me a lefty. I just get sick of anyone not pounding the drum of minorities non stop as a racist. I look out out for me first. I'm a selfish dick. I'm also white. No offense to the minorities but I'm always going to look out for me. It is what it is.