What's new

Coronavirus

Interesting that places like Florida and Texas are seeing 4x the number of 'pneumonia' deaths this year.

****ing Newsome is shutting us CA down again until there is a vaccine or acceptable treatments/therapies. So CA is shutting down the roads... no one can die that way... we will all be broke and destitute but hell we will be breathing.

This was the same ******* that said we'd have 25M cases in CA. We are basically like 1% of that so isn't that a victory? Talk about moving the ****ing goal posts.

Shutdowns are awful. Having to do it a second time shows how much it truly sucks. It's what we get as Americans with our laissez-faire approach.

We have too much interstate travel where we basically just bail water from one side of the boat to another. Florida this week, another state in two weeks. That's what happens when you have no federally-mandated plan.

Interesting that places like Florida and Texas are seeing 4x the number of 'pneumonia' deaths this year.

Shutdowns are awful. Having to do it a second time shows how much it truly sucks. It's what we get as Americans with our laissez-faire approach.

We have too much interstate travel where we basically just bail water from one side of the boat to another. Florida this week, another state in two weeks. That's what happens when you have no federally-mandated plan.
CA is too big to just shut down the whole state. In my county we have had 1,000 cases and 11 deaths... 9 of those were over 65+... so now 400k people should potentially be limited? Not talking about getting my hair done... I'm talking about the folks who now have zero income because the virus is out of control here?

CA is too big to just shut down the whole state. In my county we have had 1,000 cases and 11 deaths... 9 of those were over 65+... so now 400k people should potentially be limited? Not talking about getting my hair done... I'm talking about the folks who now have zero income because the virus is out of control here?
The most frustrating part of this to me is that there are fairly simple solutions to this, but giving people money to not work just rubs too many people the wrong way I guess.

So @infection Lets say the vaccine is only as effective as the yearly flu vaccine... and the antibodies don't stay long enough to provide herd immunity... do we just never get rid of this thing and we never go to public sporting events and such again.

So @infection Lets say the vaccine is only as effective as the yearly flu vaccine... and the antibodies don't stay long enough to provide herd immunity... do we just never get rid of this thing and we never go to public sporting events and such again.
I could give you my thoughts on this, but it will be very long-winded. The short answer is that this will have a lot to do with philosophical issues in society and sociology. Happy to do so if anyone’s actually interested. If not, I may probably still post snippets in a form of getting something off my chest, but just may be a bit more slow to do so.

I could give you my thoughts on this, but it will be very long-winded. The short answer is that this will have a lot to do with philosophical issues in society and sociology. Happy to do so if anyone’s actually interested. If not, I may probably still post snippets in a form of getting something off my chest, but just may be a bit more slow to do so.

Basically, we would be at an infliction point where we simply decide that the virus is a part of us and we would live with the repercussions.

That’s fine I just feel like we are all looking at that as the hope to go back to normal but we may never get that assurance. Shut down is not the answer... I’m telling y’all we did that and it just delayed things. The focus has to be on medium/long term sustainable strategies to limit infections.

I’m really frustrated with Gov Newsome. Shuts down the economy in a county of 400k people to slow down the infections... again we’ve had 1000 cases total and 11 deaths... 9 were in the plus 65 demo. My brother in law is a doctor he says they are no where near getting to capacity. I thought the Covid hoax people were crazy but honestly we may have more suicides and broken lives from the economic disaster this brings to some people.

Basically, we would be at an infliction point where we simply decide that the virus is a part of us and we would live with the repercussions.
I kinda think that is how we should operate. Do the things that are sustainable long term and act as if the vaccine will never come. I mean have them keep after it but put in as many policies as possible. I think if people felt like masks weren’t the beginning of limitations and if things aren’t sensationalized that they get more compliance. Don’t close the freeways... fix the airbags and seatbelts... crack down on drunk driving... IDK

I kinda think that is how we should operate. Do the things that are sustainable long term and act as if the vaccine will never come. I mean have them keep after it but put in as many policies as possible. I think if people felt like masks weren’t the beginning of limitations and if things aren’t sensationalized that they get more compliance. Don’t close the freeways... fix the airbags and seatbelts... crack down on drunk driving... IDK

But airbags, seatbelts, and DUI penalties have not shown much promise at stopping the spread of teh covid doe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Just want to reiterate that too me, deaths aren't the only thing that matters.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah, I think people with permanent heart damage and/or lung damage would agree with that. I also think the threat of overwhelming hospitals is a future concern that will cause deaths to rise. One reason USA has low death rates is that we have more hospital beds per person than most countries.

But I'm not a fan of shutting work down. But there is a middle between shutting things down and doing the little things. Like wearing a mask, proper hygiene, and cutting out non essential large gatherings. Like cutting fans from games or doing church from home.

Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be one way or the other. Other countries have shown the playbook for minimizing this, we just won’t follow it.

Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be one way or the other. Other countries have shown the playbook for minimizing this, we just won’t follow it.
I don’t buy this fully. I think our country is too big to compare to others directly like that. Hell even in CA you have a ton of cases in LA but our county not so much... yet they still shut **** down. We have followed the playbook... we have limited the spread... yet our good governor still feels it necessary to destroy the financial lives of thousands of families... it destroys any chance you have at getting compliance imo. It ain’t just money... it leads to divorce, depression, etc It will lead to a huge economic downturn... most of which will hurt those already poverty stricken.

I don’t buy this fully. I think our country is too big to compare to others directly like that. Hell even in CA you have a ton of cases in LA but our county not so much... yet they still shut **** down. We have followed the playbook... we have limited the spread... yet our good governor still feels it necessary to destroy the financial lives of thousands of families... it destroys any chance you have at getting compliance imo. It ain’t just money... it leads to divorce, depression, etc It will lead to a huge economic downturn... most of which will hurt those already poverty stricken.
USA didn't follow any playbook. They shut down some things and some people half *** followed it. Every place has done something different and didn't do the basic things that should have been done early to prevent shutting down. They have yet to properly test and quarantine people coming in to the country. My friend just flew from Beijing through Europe and to California and he walked right out the airport with no questions, no tests, no temp taken, she definitely no quarantine.

USA didn't follow any playbook. They shut down some things and some people half *** followed it. Every place has done something different and didn't do the basic things that should have been done early to prevent shutting down. They have yet to properly test and quarantine people coming in to the country. My friend just flew from Beijing through Europe and to California and he walked right out the airport with no questions, no tests, no temp taken, she definitely no quarantine.
innocent before proven guilty!

Americans and our government simply don't want to take responsibility because we feel too entitled as a culture.

Excellent thread. Facts.

Some more facts for you. Are you ready yet to admit that voter fraud isn't an issue as this number is a fraction of a fraction of the numbers you just posted?