What's new

Coronavirus

View: https://twitter.com/Bob_Wachter/status/1631833973914578944

Doesn't the vaccine also elevate cardiac risk?
To a much lesser degree than getting covid19. The vaccine will create a relatively small number of spike proteins for your immune system to respond to (thought to the trigger for the myocarditis issues, last I heard). The number of spike proteins created by covid infection would be a couple of orders of magnitude greater, at least.

View: https://twitter.com/Bob_Wachter/status/1631833973914578944

I had a relatively mild case of COVID in October, but I am still feeling the brain fog - difficulties focusing, concentrating, and remembering.

I had a relatively mild case of COVID in October, but I am still feeling the brain fog - difficulties focusing, concentrating, and remembering.
I had that for 6-7 months after mine last year. Finally broke late in the year. I honestly think a long fast I engaged in helped, but no way to know really. That was the worst part. My short-term memory is still somewhat spotty, likely just age but it is decidedly worse than it was before I had COVID. My desk is awash in post-it notes because I cannot remember thing for crap.

• Sad
Reactions: Red
I had that for 6-7 months after mine last year. Finally broke late in the year. I honestly think a long fast I engaged in helped, but no way to know really. That was the worst part. My short-term memory is still somewhat spotty, likely just age but it is decidedly worse than it was before I had COVID. My desk is awash in post-it notes because I cannot remember thing for crap.
Right, it could be the COVID fog, could be aging, could be processing grief in the background...

Long story short Fauci openly lied about this supposed study that he actually was the head of... This **** is getting deep. And again NYP isn't the greatest news source... But everything in here of importance is true. Fauci lied about not knowing the authors of this paper to Congress and he openly pushed to silence the lab leak. Long read but a good one.

The House Oversight subcommittee published emails Sunday in which the paper’s co-author Dr. Kristian Andersen admits Fauci “prompted” him to write the paper with the goal to “disprove” the lab leak theory.

Long story short Fauci openly lied about this supposed study that he actually was the head of... This **** is getting deep. And again NYP isn't the greatest news source... But everything in here of importance is true. Fauci lied about not knowing the authors of this paper to Congress and he openly pushed to silence the lab leak. Long read but a good one.

The House Oversight subcommittee published emails Sunday in which the paper’s co-author Dr. Kristian Andersen admits Fauci “prompted” him to write the paper with the goal to “disprove” the lab leak theory.

In Section I, his serntence is taken as proof that Fauci tipped the scales:
have been working through much of the (primarily)genetic data to provide agnostic and scientifically informed hypothesis around the origins of the virus
Apparently, the person writing the memorandum does not understand what "agnostic and scientifically informed" mean in this context.

Section II of the memo shows that the memo writer does not understand the difference between seeing similar structures to those found in pangolins and a transmission route via pangolins.

I'm not sure what Section III is supposed to prove.

The memo is only just over 6 pages. Not a long read at all, and yet containing a wealth of material that shows its author doesn't understand what they are reading.

I caught Covid in Nov 2020 before vaccines came out. My sense of smell still hasn’t returned 100 percent. I guess it’s something I’m going to live with for the rest of my life. I probably should’ve stuck a flashlight up my butt or snorted some horse dewormer.

The evidence is mounting quickly that Fauci has a major roll in this. The two virologists who originally warned about the lab leak were awarded 9 million in funding by the NIH shortly after they changed their tunes.
As grants go for medical research, that's not very big. Makary should know this, but he's too much of a loon to care.

It's just crazy that fascist Democrats that were hateful demonic scumbags bullied others for being smarter than them. They openly wanted millions to die and fascistly bullied even their own like John Stewart to hide the truth all because they psychotically hate Trump(John Stewart admits this was Democrats psychotic goal). 6 years later these fascist bullies still obsess about a guy not even in office. They call others cults though. You think these wannabe bullies would want the truth but they don't. Too busy being mad at a basketball player because that's what their Master and manipulator Fauci told them to look at, not him... These people are easy to manipulate and it's very hilarious these dimwits who couldn't count to 2(this coming from a lab was common sense you doofuses) call others trolls.

Former CDC Director Robert Redfield said on Wednesday that Dr. Anthony Fauci actively sought to exclude or silence anyone who failed to embrace his chosen narrative on the pandemic’s origins.

During a hearing before the House Oversight Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, Redfield claimed that Fauci — who served as the head of former President Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Response Team before taking on the role of chief medical adviser in President Joe Biden’s White House — had intentionally excluded him from conversations because he refused to fall in line.

This was an a priori decision that there’s one point of view that we’re going to put out there, and anyone who doesn’t agree with it is going to be sidelined. And as I say, I was only the CDC director, and I was sidelined,” Redfield asserted during the hearing.

Last edited:
My bad, fixed. I appreciate you pointing out the only thing you could find wrong with my otherwise factual post.

It's just crazy that fascist Democrats that were hateful demonic scumbags bullied others for being smarter than them. They openly wanted millions to die and fascistly bullied even their own like Jon Stewart to hide the truth all because they psychotically hate Trump(Jon Stewart admits this was Democrats psychotic goal). 6 years later these fascist bullies still obsess about a guy not even in office. They call others cults though. You think these wannabe bullies would want the truth but they don't. Too busy being mad at a basketball player because that's what their Master and manipulator Fauci told them to look at, not him... These people are easy to manipulate and it's very hilarious these dimwits who couldn't count to 2(this coming from a lab was common sense you doofuses) call others trolls.

Actually the gullible blamed a pangolin with absolutely no evidence at all. The same low IQ guys that hate "Jon" Stockton over nothing blamed a f* pangolin lololololol. A pangolin 700 feet from a lab studying bat to human sars transmission. I don't understand how people lacked such easy and kindergarten level basic common sense but again, we all know the party of fascism lied about the original to blame Trump. It was intentional. The party of death and child mutilation. They are addicts. They rather let millions die than admit it came from a lab just to get rid of Trump. Sad thing it didn't work as these bozos are still obsessing about Trump almost 3 year later even though he's not hurting anyone but their own little fragile selves.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why we are so hung up on where the virus came from? Who stands to benefit if it came from a lab instead of from a meat market? What difference does it make in deaths or treatment if it came from a lab instead of the wild? Is the only implication in the conspiracy theory that it was released fully on purpose by Fauci because he had an evil plan to become the world's scapegoat and Trump's whipping boy for 2 years, because that made him, uh, more rich or something? Weird plan tbh.

We know that virology is happening all over the place, in most every developed nation, all the time. They are fiddling with viruses that could kill swaths of humans, in the efforts to better understand them to more quickly bring remedies to bear when needed. They are also studying super-bacteria to find out how we can keep killing them as they are becoming more and more antibiotic-resistant. Frankly a strong antibiotic-resistant bacteria scares me more than a virus as our bodies tend to handle viruses better overall. I have had the flu for 2 weeks, and COVID for a week, but then I had a raging sinus infection for 4 straight months that almost resulted in them drilling into my sinus to relieve the pressure and allow it to drain in the hopes of stopping the bacteria causing it, because antibiotics were doing nothing. So the threat of something escaping a lab is real and is a risk we take in the efforts to better understand and treat these things when and if they do rise up. But it is also incredibly, incredibly, nearly impossibly rare. In fact can anyone point out a single time a virus got out of a lab and caused any of an epidemic, let alone a pandemic? You know, one that has been PROVEN to have originated in a lab. Not just speculation.

But frankly, the vast majority of deadly diseases are fully natural in origin. The spanish flu was the flu. From DNA research into COVID they did not see the marking of an engineered virus. Even if it did escape from a lab it was likely a normal strain of that particular virus that was carried out somewhere. No one released it on purpose. Get real. Whenever these things are brought up, I always ask "but why?" and mostly the answers are some vague **** about people controlling our lives and don't you know the gubmint lies to you about every ****ing thing?!?!?!11! No one can articulate the supposed benefit to anyone at all for something like this, well for most all conspiracies period.

So again, why does it matter?