What's new

Coronavirus

I don’t understand the right’s endgame here other than they’re trying to squeeze every bit of rage and paranoia out of their (dying) viewers as possible. This is deranged. Fox News is actively working to undermine vaccine efforts in America. Their disinformation is going to get people killed and potentially create a new deadlier variant. This is the work of sociopaths.

Stock market is a bit frazzled right now due to the increased numbers. Hoping this summer bump goes back down as more decide to get vaccinated before we no doubt encounter a challenging winter from those who are going to stay the course.

We are mostly open without restrictions except in government buildings where masks are still required. Our cases dropped dramatically after more than 50% got fully vaccinated. So far so good. They are planning to open border to fully vaccinated Americans on August 9th and to the rest of the world in September. Finally things are getting back to almost normal.

We are mostly open without restrictions except in government buildings where masks are still required. Our cases dropped dramatically after more than 50% got fully vaccinated. So far so good. They are planning to open border to fully vaccinated Americans on August 9th and to the rest of the world in September. Finally things are getting back to almost normal.
Many states here don’t even have 50 percent fully vaccinated.

Meanwhile in Australia we have state premiers closing borders to other states and imposing hardcore lockdowns because of a literal handful of Covid cases

Just another coincidence, I’m sure. I’ve been told that Republican politicians who spread distrust of science and promote policies that undermine vaccination efforts have no impact on the pandemic…

I had a cold last week, pretty bad one. First cold I had since January of 2020. I usually get a couple per year. Thanks to masks and everyone cleaning everything I avoided a cold entirely for a year and a half.

I had a cold last week, pretty bad one. First cold I had since January of 2020. I usually get a couple per year. Thanks to masks and everyone cleaning everything I avoided a cold entirely for a year and a half.
Vaccinated people are experiencing cold like symptoms for covid.

Fascinating:

“Experts list many reasons for the vaccine slump, but one big reason stands out: vaccine resistance among conservative, evangelical, and rural Americans. Pro-Trump America has decided that vaccine refusal is a statement of identity and a test of loyalty.

In April, people in counties that Joe Biden won in 2020 were two points more likelyto be fully vaccinated than people in counties that Donald Trump won: 22.8 percent were fully vaccinated in Biden counties; 20.6 percent were fully vaccinated in Trump counties. By early July, the vaccination gap had widened to almost 12 points: 46.7 percent were fully vaccinated in Biden counties, 35 percent in Trump counties. When pollsters ask about vaccine intentions, they record a 30-point gap: 88 percent of Democrats, but only 54 percent of Republicans, want to be vaccinated as soon as possible. All told, Trump support predicts a state’s vaccine refusal better than average income or education level.”

I do believe we need records of immunization to attend school and to travel. I’d like to see legislatures allow not prevent, the private sector from enacting reasonable requirements for their services. It just makes sense to show that you’ve been vaccinated in order to enter a restaurant or go on a cruise. Once the FDA gives these vaccines full approval, I hope insurance companies increase copays for those who decide to remain unvaccinated. We shouldn’t constantly coddle these losers.

They want to use their free agency to put our entire society at risk? Cool. But then pay for it. Remember, “**** your feelings!” To me, it’s time for adults to start acting like adults. That begins with personal accountability.