What's new

Coronavirus

If the vaccine is what's causing more people to get sick, does that mean that this is Trump's fault as he and his administration were the ones responsible for the vaccine as I've been led to believe?
Most certainly to a degree and anyone else pushing it. Fauci, Biden, media, Trump, CDC, WHO, everyone is at fault. Let's be clear I'm not saying that it's what happened but I am saying something is not adding up and there's certain questions the more cases yet the less unvaccinated.

But if not...then you are admit Trump doesn't get the credit he deserves as Biden literally just stole his thunder.

Most certainly to a degree and anyone else pushing it. Fauci, Biden, media, Trump, CDC, WHO, everyone is at fault. Let's be clear I'm not saying that it's what happened but I am saying something is not adding up and there's certain questions the more cases yet the less unvaccinated.

But if not...then you are admit Trump doesn't get the credit he deserves as Biden literally just stole his thunder.

My personal take is neither Trump nor Biden should consider themselves to be the savior. Government simply wrote checks for the development - still are and probably always will.

A more logical discussion could be the Trump vs. Biden rollout plan, but we’ve got other problems more pressing.

Every one of these is a great question.

a) explain why the more people are getting vaccinated the more people are getting sick. Does the vaccine not help the spread at all?
The vaccine helps protect against the spread quite a bit, but its true strength is in helping people’s immune systems fight off an infection. The UK was hit with the Delta variant a few weeks before we were and the percentage of people vaccinated is a bit higher but you can see in their new cases that they are not seeing more people get sick. They are on the decline and we can expect that too in the US.
UkCases.jpg

Above are new cases while below are deaths. Comparing the charts is where you see how much these vaccines boost immune response. In March of 2020 there was no vaccine and the deaths were very high. In January 2021 there was another wave of infection and the deaths among the partially vaccinated public were proportional. In the recent wave of infections relatively few people died. The vaccines help a lot.
UkDeaths.jpg

B) if the vaccine doesn't help the spread, when will this ever end?
SARS-CoV-2 won’t ever go away. It is here to stay. Everyone will get it, maybe even more than once. If you’ve been vaccinated or had a bad case then it will likely be like catching a cold. If you haven’t been vaccinated then it likely will be miserable but you’ll probably not die as it does have a 99.9% survival rate even without the vaccine. I’m not one to shame and I strongly oppose mandates. You are an adult and can decide for yourself if you want to give your immune system a head’s up, and you can see the statistical benefits of doing that, but if you’re hoping it will blow over or miss you then I don’t think that will happen.

C) cases declined rapidly until people started getting vaccinated. The more people that get vaccinated, the more cases. What are the chances that the vaccine IS the mutation?
As you can see with the statistics in the UK it is not true that the more people get vaccinated, the more cases they have. The chance the vaccine is the mutation is zero and that is the problem. The vaccine has the original S-Spike while the variants have slightly different S-Spikes which can confuse your immune system. You are still far better off having had the vaccine then not, but variants can get a little further before being recognized by your immune system.

Every one of these is a great question.

The vaccine helps protect against the spread quite a bit, but its true strength is in helping people’s immune systems fight off an infection. The UK was hit with the Delta variant a few weeks before we were and the percentage of people vaccinated is a bit higher but you can see in their new cases that they are not seeing more people get sick. They are on the decline and we can expect that too in the US.
UkCases.jpg

Above are new cases while below are deaths. Comparing the charts is where you see how much these vaccines boost immune response. In March of 2020 there was no vaccine and the deaths were very high. In January 2021 there was another wave of infection and the deaths among the partially vaccinated public were proportional. In the recent wave of infections relatively few people died. The vaccines help a lot.
UkDeaths.jpg

SARS-CoV-2 won’t ever go away. It is here to stay. Everyone will get it, maybe even more than once. If you’ve been vaccinated or had a bad case then it will likely be like catching a cold. If you haven’t been vaccinated then it likely will be miserable but you’ll probably not die as it does have a 99.9% survival rate even without the vaccine. I’m not one to shame and I strongly oppose mandates. You are an adult and can decide for yourself if you want to give your immune system a head’s up, and you can see the statistical benefits of doing that, but if you’re hoping it will blow over or miss you then I don’t think that will happen.

As you can see with the statistics in the UK it is not true that the more people get vaccinated, the more cases they have. The chance the vaccine is the mutation is zero and that is the problem. The vaccine has the original S-Spike while the variants have slightly different S-Spikes which can confuse your immune system. You are still far better off having had the vaccine then not, but variants can get a little further before being recognized by your immune system.
First I want it known I'm not avtivax at all, I'm anti-authoritarian BS the alt left is pushing. I'm against this "let's shun people" disgusting act of humanity. That pushes me away.

To your point, I basically have a similar stance. This virus is obviously extremely contagious but the death rate is minimal. That has a tremendous amount to do with said vaccine no argument here. That's why I feel this is all mass hysteria for bigger and better things.

For example,. I agree the virus will start to diminish yet Fauci is telling us very Tabloid like that we will have 100-200,000 cases a day in fall. I don't think that's true but if it is by then the number of vaccinations should be higher yet we're going to have record cases?! That makes no sense. That tells me we're stuck with this and it's time to party like it's Obama's 60th birthday where he'll have 200 servants for 500 guest. The elite know it, we should too but we don't. Mask up!

Not talking to you specifically but do people really nor even question this?! It baffles the **** out of me especially now that we just barely learned about massive safety issues at the the Wuhan lab and massive evidence points that way yet people still turn a blind eye and don't say word.

Why did Fauci never discuss this and hide the lab leak theory?
Why was the idea of a lab leak kept secret even though there were definite signs?
Why did Fauci lie under oath that Wuhan wasn't doing gain of function research when the very doctors admit to it and put human lungs into mice and infected them with coronavirus. Funded but who? Fauci...

I mean, if there's going to be 200,000 cases a day, there's absolutely no getting away from this virus no matter what we do. What's the point of being afraid unless you have underlying conditions? I just don't get it.

I mean, if there's going to be 200,000 cases a day, there's absolutely no getting away from this virus no matter what we do. What's the point of being afraid unless you have underlying conditions? I just don't get it.
Co worker of mine just got out of the hospital. He is in his 30's. Very very healthy. Great shape. No underlying conditions. Was having a very hard time breathing so he went to the ER. Got to the hospital and they had no beds available and told him to sit in the waiting room while they called around trying to find him a hospital that could admit him. He waited in the waiting room for 9 hours when they finally found a hospital that had a bed for him. Drove him there in an ambulance. He was in the hospital for 4 days. Couldn't breathe good at all and was very scared. Had a fever for 11 days. Cost him a lot of money and sucked bad.
I wouldn't want to go through that.

So a Texas city is making the claim that the Biden Administration has released 7000 covid positive immigrants into it's city including 1500 just this last week. IF true, and I repeat IF true, this far more impeachable than any thing Trump ever did.

I'm being a jerk here but it's absolutely mind boggling that people are ok and actually need to be told how to live. Its soooo blatantly obvious it's all an act of flat out power. These people want to own you. They DO own you

"Political theater"- Rand Paul

Or by all means explain how not wearing a mask except for a photoshoot helps. You all non-questioning Yes Man and Women are extremely confusing. You literally just change to science as you go.

I'm being a jerk here but it's absolutely mind boggling that people are ok and actually need to be told how to live. Its soooo blatantly obvious it's all an act of flat out power. These people want to own you. They DO own you

"Political theater"- Rand Paul

Or by all means explain how not wearing a mask except for a photoshoot helps. You all non-questioning Yes Man and Women are extremely confusing. You literally just change to science as you go.

Politicians do photo-ops and it drives me crazy as they're all very insincere. There's countless examples of these throughout the years and administrations and they're all garbage.

This one's no different - either wear the mask or don't. To be vulgar, kind of like putting on a condom after you've already starting, stopping to put one on so you can show people you're practicing safe sex, but immediately discarding it and going back to business.

Yeah, there's probably a better analogy, but just what came to my demented head. :D

Co worker of mine just got out of the hospital. He is in his 30's. Very very healthy. Great shape. No underlying conditions. Was having a very hard time breathing so he went to the ER. Got to the hospital and they had no beds available and told him to sit in the waiting room while they called around trying to find him a hospital that could admit him. He waited in the waiting room for 9 hours when they finally found a hospital that had a bed for him. Drove him there in an ambulance. He was in the hospital for 4 days. Couldn't breathe good at all and was very scared. Had a fever for 11 days. Cost him a lot of money and sucked bad.
I wouldn't want to go through that.
Sooooo it’s not just a flu? It doesn’t just affect the elderly? Glad he made it. I wonder what his medical bills are going to be like?

Sooooo it’s not just a flu? It doesn’t just affect the elderly? Glad he made it. I wonder what his medical bills are going to be like?
I mentioned the cost. He said that its going to be crazy expensive. He said that he was told the ambulance ride to the location with a bed available would be free but then they charged him for it anyway.

I mentioned the cost. He said that its going to be crazy expensive. He said that he was told the ambulance ride to the location with a bed available would be free but then they charged him for it anyway.
Yes, most ambulance rides are outside of health insurance network. My neighbor had an ambulance ride that cost him a few thousand bucks. One four day hospital stay has got to be thousands upon thousands. Frankly, I’d be shocked if he didn’t have a $20,000+ dollar bill waiting. Glad he made it. But man, our health care system is just so ****ed up.

I have high blood pressure and am fearful one of these days I’m going to have a heart attack. Good ****ing luck.

It's booster time for the lab rats

"We believe that increased force of infection resulting from Delta, non-pharmaceutical intervention (NPI) fatigue, and seasonal effects (moving indoors) will lead to an increase of breakthrough infections in vaccinated individuals," Moderna said on Thursday. "While we see durable Phase 3 efficacy through 6 months, we expect neutralizing titers will continue to wane and eventually impact vaccine efficacy. Given this intersection, we believe dose 3 booster will likely be necessary prior to the winter season."

Last edited:

A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID.

Apley is a staunch conservative and devout Christian. But based on his social media activity, Apley didn’t believe COVID was going to affect him or his family.

Apley’s untimely passing comes as COVID skeptics across the country have died or become extraordinarily sick after rejecting the constant calls by public health officials to get vaccinated and mask up. In Nashville, a right-wing radio host who repeatedly spread misinformation about the virus and mocked the vaccine, is now hospitalized as he fights for his life. A Brooklyn woman who called COVID a “fraud” died after rejecting the vaccine in favor of natural supplements like zinc and Vitamin D.

The family of a Florida woman who refused the COVID vaccine and died in June still refuses to get the jab. A Florida track coach who had resisted calls by friends and colleagues to get vaccinated finally agreed to make an appointment for his shots. However, he contracted COVID a day or two before getting his first dose and died in the hospital after slipping into a coma, leaving behind a wife and four children.

So sad.

Yes, most ambulance rides are outside of health insurance network. My neighbor had an ambulance ride that cost him a few thousand bucks. One four day hospital stay has got to be thousands upon thousands. Frankly, I’d be shocked if he didn’t have a $20,000+ dollar bill waiting. Glad he made it. But man, our health care system is just so ****ed up.

I have high blood pressure and am fearful one of these days I’m going to have a heart attack. Good ****ing luck.

My very basic understanding is a hospital bed is about 10K a night, at least out here in NJ. And I’m probably basing that off of **** from 10-15 years ago,

How the **** does this help anything? Like is there another country in the world that is intentionally trying to spread this virus and ****ing prolong this pandemic more than red states in America?

I mean good god. What the **** are we even doing here?

There is a reason the Provincetown, Massachusetts outbreak happened and why it is an outlier. Media is extremely reluctant to provide the important detail. I’m not even comfortable bringing it up for how it can be misconstrued because I sincerely don’t intend anything negative toward those who would attend this type of party.

The vaccines do not have 100% efficacy. They help your immune system but they aren’t magic. If you are indoors, packed together like sardines, dancing so as to get you breathing harder while face to face with people you don’t know during a pandemic spike, you’re asking a lot from the vaccine. This is the Tea Dance at the Boatslip in Provincetown where the outbreak happened:
TeaDance.jpg

One interesting thing I found in the data from the outbreak was that those who received the J&J vaccine were over represented in breakthrough cases. In the area only 7% of the population had received the J&J vaccine, but 14% of the breakthrough cases where J&J vaccine recipients. I think one of the important takeaways here is that most party goers were vaccinated and zero of them died. Even in doing practically everything to spread COVID, the vaccines still had a 100% rate of keeping people from dying. That doesn't shake my confidence in the vaccines at all. It makes me feel pretty good about it, but I would push people toward the mRNA vaccines.