What's new

Coronavirus

This is a low IQ question.

Do you really believe anyone in the public actually knew the depth of the Patriot Act?
Yes, because it was all over the progressive blogs, and from Al-O-Meter's post, the libertarian blogs as well. If you're trying to say you didn't now, I believe that.

Where were you speaking out when John McCain was out parading around with Al'Qaeda?
I don't recall hearing about that one. Was it pre-1993, before their first attempt on the WTC, when we have just used them to help throw Russia out of Afghanistan?

Where were you when Hillary and Obama were paying rebels in Libya to enlarge Gadaffi's rectum? Where were you when Bush Sr was running guns and drugs with South American Narcos/WTO, or when they lied about Kawait during his presidency? Where were you when Clinton was bombing the **** out of innocent Serbian Christians and siding with Bosnian Islamist's?
Except for the notion the Serbian Christians were innocent as a group, I was reading about all of these on progressive blogs.

You're either on the side of Globalists or you're not...Its that simple
Nothing is ever that simple.

Except for the notion the Serbian Christians were innocent as a group, I was reading about all of these on progressive blogs.

Nothing is ever that simple.
One Brow - IMHO, Srebrenica massacre kind of events would happen in country only, if the majority of the people either vocally or silently approve it. I might undestand that you have the mentality to shoot first and ask questions later when dealing military persons (i.e adults) in military confilict, but killing kids, raping women and bomb coastal cities (Sibenik, Dubrovnik) is no-no. Therefore i try to avoid also visit Serbia as a tourist. Kind of hard to be in country, where it is OK to majority to tolerate war crime performers and of course (no surprise here) are fans of the policy of Russia. Serbs should know better (because they also suffered a lot due the Nazi Germany).
I was all the time worried when i read the news between '91-'00. And i was happy, when the NATO and US forces intervened (minus the Chinese embassy bombing mistake).

Ahh Australia. Where hoops are being sealed off so kids can’t play ball on outdoor courts. Cuz Covid

Attachments

• EFB5A19B-E0D8-4C7C-AE82-5A6604EC7A5D.png
    EFB5A19B-E0D8-4C7C-AE82-5A6604EC7A5D.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
So the WHO now officially saying that vaccines won't end the pandemic and now it's an adaptation strategy
Now that makes 2 things they got right. The vaccines won't eradicate COVID and their admission that their first investigation into the source of the vaccine dismissed the lab leak too quickly with the WHO investigator pretending he couldn't hear the question about Taiwan destroyed their credibility.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of everyone getting the vaccine so COVID is nothing more than a common cold. It is the COVID-rationalized rush toward authoritarian government that has me terrified. The video of the Australian high school kid on his knees in handcuffs with half a dozen police standing over him for the crime of sneaking out to meet a girl he likes on the beach is what I have a problem with. Presidents and Governors claiming emergency power to issue unilateral orders are what I have a problem with.

Looks like ~30% of folks infected with Covid develop “long haul” symptoms. Maybe this is promising research. This has not got the attention of the pandemic itself, but I imagine until we understand it completely, and get some kind of handle on what it is and try to treat it, that “long haul” itself is a health issue affecting a great many people. Extraordinary levels of fatigue and “brain fog” seem to be two of the more debilitating symptoms present in people who had Covid.

Can someone explain this to me? I'm not being facetious for once. Why dies the Biden administration keep admitting the vaccine isn't working?

Protecting the vaccinated? Isn't that what the vaccine is for?

@Avery

Sorry to rehash an old argument but you know what else I would do If I were in charge? I'd make a guarantee. Something like if the country get 75% vaccinated by xx, I will resign from my position if the virus is not gone 4 months after that xx date

Ifs he's so confident that the vaccine will end this, he should put his money where his mouth is. He won't though, but I'd line up right now because a) I'd put more trust in the vaccine if he was that confident in it and b) Biden would be gone soon. I'm willing to sacrifice my freedom for that.

@Avery

Sorry to rehash an old argument but you know what else I would do If I were in charge? I'd make a guarantee. Something like if the country get 75% vaccinated by xx, I will resign from my position if the virus is not gone 4 months after that xx date

Ifs he's so confident that the vaccine will end this, he should put his money where his mouth is. He won't though, but I'd line up right now because a) I'd put more trust in the vaccine if he was that confident in it and b) Biden would be gone soon. I'm willing to sacrifice my freedom for that.
I didn't consider it an argument, just a discussion. I don't think the virus will ever be gone per se, but I think we're all kidding ourselves if we think any public official will give up their golden parachute for a vaccination rate. As a pure case study, it sure would be fun to see what would happen if Biden made such a proclamation (though the endgame means Harris is president so I think you'd to put some more skin in the game and let Trump come back with a new VP of his choice if they didn't hit it to make it truly juicy).

One thing that does bother is me that any herd immunity rate is all over the map. I've heard 75%, 80%, even 90% and there's a lot of distance between those numbers. I've yet to really hear a clear answer from anyone on the matter while also realizing it's an imperfect statistic.

Can someone explain this to me? I'm not being facetious for once. Why dies the Biden administration keep admitting the vaccine isn't working?

Kamala Harris is not a virologist or epidemiologist and shouldn't be considered an authority on vaccine efficacy. Actual scientists all say the vaccine is highly effective at preventing hospitalization and death.

Perhaps you can understand this metaphor:
If someone is swinging a mace/hammer at you, and it hits your shield, it can still do damage to you. You might bruise/break and arm, stumble, etc. However, you won't have your ribs caved in. The shield is protecting you. It is possible to be more protected by, for example, being out of reach of the weapon.

If you take the vaccine and still get infected, you won't go to the hospital and be put on a ventilator. That's protection. It is possible to be more protected by not inhaling another person's respiratory jet (masking).

If someone is swinging a mace/hammer at you, and it hits your shield, it can still do damage to you. You might bruise/break and arm, stumble, etc. However, you won't have your ribs caved in. The shield is protecting you. It is possible to be more protected by, for example, being out of reach of the weapon.

If you take the vaccine and still get infected, you won't go to the hospital and be put on a ventilator. That's protection. It is possible to be more protected by not inhaling another person's respiratory jet (masking).
Armor is useless against an invisible enemy. It's pointless if it's not stopping the attacks. The enemy is still aliveand well. 300% worse off than a year ago alive and well. In other words, the vaccinated are still spreading this virus like a wildfire. Your armor is chicken wire

The mere fact that anyone is saying we do this stuff and “end the pandemic” reflects their lack of understanding and either bad advice they are receiving or their zeal to appear in a certain light for political purposes or self righteousness

Jazzy, so what's your suggestion then if you don't think vaccines are the answer? Interesting that vaccines have been the answer to all the infectious diseases that we now rarely have to think about. What infectious disease are you aware of that has been eradicated by any other method than vaccines? Waiting for all of us to get COVID for herd immunity won't work. Herd immunity only works with vaccines, not by everyone getting sick.

And expecting perfect answers from medical professionals and especially government leaders is expecting the impossible. This is a new disease and they are learning as they go. No idea why you enjoy picking them apart for anything they say that later may not be completely accurate based on new information.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

*wont go to = far less likely to be accurate. And we still don’t know exactly how quickly the efficacy wanes and how well boosters will or won’t work. None of this is binary or absolutes

Jazzy, so what's your suggestion then if you don't think vaccines are the answer? Interesting that vaccines have been the answer to all the infectious diseases that we now rarely have to think about. What infectious disease are you aware of that has been eradicated by any other method than vaccines? Waiting for all of us to get COVID for herd immunity won't work. Herd immunity only works with vaccines, not by everyone getting sick.

And expecting perfect answers from medical professionals and government leaders is expecting the impossible. This is a new disease and they are learning as they go. No idea why you enjoy picking them apart for anything they say that later may not be completely accurate based on new information.

Unfortunately herd immunity isn’t realistic anymore. Vaccines are a valuable tool but I think the notion of Covid being something absent that we dont think about anymore is years away

And expecting perfect answers from medical professionals and especially government leaders is expecting the impossible. This is a new disease and they are learning as they go. No idea why you enjoy picking them apart for anything they say that later may not be completely accurate based on new information.

Everything he posts is extreme hyperbole. Don't take any of it serious. It's all extreme partisan BS. Ignore. Don't engage

The mere fact that anyone is saying we do this stuff and “end the pandemic” reflects their lack of understanding and either bad advice they are receiving or their zeal to appear in a certain light for political purposes or self righteousness
I completely understand the vaccine will not end the pandemic. Does everyone else? The ones shunning? The ones forcing it?

Its soooo obvious. If it's not doing anything to stop the virus, what's the point? I might not die? Well... Natural immunity gives me just as much as a chance according to many studues.

@JazzGal you mean like the measles vaccine that actually STOPS the virus at a 93% rate? Polio @90%> There's a tremendous difference here as those ACTUALLY WORK......... This vaccine is not doing what others do. The virus is 300% worse than a year a go. Places like Israel got absolutely hammered though they were one of the most vaccinated...

I'm not antivax I'm anti experimental drug that isn't doing anything my own immune system can't do. Read up in the first American Polio vaccine and the opposite terrible effect it had. Hell you even admit the medical people will make mistakes.

Last edited: