What's new

Game Thread Dec 12, 2020: Jazz vs. Suns (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 12-12-20

Anyone doubting they brought in Dok hoping to replace Rudy? Or that he might?

Nothing wrong with a motor like that on a big.
It’s one preseason game but there is something wrong if that is how he operates. They got an easy dunk when he jumped at a free throw line pump fake.

He was good just clearly chasing everything... it’s what makes whiteside good but not great.

Dok isn't ready to replace Rudy. But bringing in Favors and Dok does look a bit like a contingency plan if the Jazz feel that they have to trade Rudy.

Yeah, no one person is going to replace Rudy. But he could become a Rudy-lite. He was an intimidator tonight.

All the Jazz players looked good and had their moments. Hughes is smooth... the defense wasn’t great early... Galloway uncorked two threes on him in like 30 seconds.

Doka is big athletic and plays hard. I think he’s a much better prospect than TB. Still gonna have a hard time seeing the floor.

Morgan was good tonight.

NWG was so good that DL gonna give him the Exum extension.

Forrest looks solid.

Oni was good on defense. Didn’t shoot the ball well.

I like all the guys more than JWF and Tucker. Some good prospects.

All the Jazz players looked good and had their moments. Hughes is smooth... the defense wasn’t great early... Galloway uncorked two threes on him in like 30 seconds.

Doka is big athletic and plays hard. I think he’s a much better prospect than TB. Still gonna have a hard time seeing the floor.

Morgan was good tonight.

NWG was so good that DL gonna give him the Exum extension.

Forrest looks solid.

Oni was good on defense. Didn’t shoot the ball well.

I like all the guys more than JWF and Tucker. Some good prospects.
I think NWG played well enough for DL to feel vindicated in his initial genius and asked his wife to print an amazon return slip for Shaq.

I still would like one more guy on the roster whole could be a reliable/known quantity rotational player, if needed.

Think that releasing NWG and leaving the last spot open is the best way to go. Nice to have flexibility in case of injury or a spot for a buyout guy.

Forrest threw two competent lob passes to Azubuike. He is already approaching the Jazz season record for this type of pass. Can he teach the rest of the guards on the team how to do it?

How well did Hughes look?

He has a smooth offensive game. I think he stopped the ball a little bit too much though. He likes to stare down the defense before he makes decisions and you can’t do that when you’re just trying to make it. Got to be quicker.

His defense was pretty bad. Lost his man a couple times and had bad happy feet.

Not bad for a second rounder though. I can see the Hood comparisons. They don’t play the same...but they offer a lot of the same stuff.

Forrest threw two competent lob passes to Azubuike. He is already approaching the Jazz season record for this type of pass. Can he teach the rest of the guards on the team how to do it?

Forrest is lightning quick and a nice ball handler. Nice defense. He looked good out there.

It’s one preseason game but there is something wrong if that is how he operates. They got an easy dunk when he jumped at a free throw line pump fake.

He was good just clearly chasing everything... it’s what makes whiteside good but not great.

Yeah, it's a night and day defense watching Gobert or even Favors defend. Rudy is planted on the floor covering both PnR players and forcing them to take the tough mid range or floater. Dok was out there chasing everything and leaving himself out of position. But he's just a rook. I like the Whiteside comparison. Hopefully he has a better head on his shoulders so he can improve.

The other thing is his FTs...he can't be a 40% shooter.

He has a smooth offensive game. I think he stopped the ball a little bit too much though. He likes to stare down the defense before he makes decisions and you can’t do that when you’re just trying to make it. Got to be quicker.

His defense was pretty bad. Lost his man a couple times and had bad happy feet.

Not bad for a second rounder though. I can see the Hood comparisons. They don’t play the same...but they offer a lot of the same stuff.
Im hoping we can develop him. He looks like a solid rotation player based off of what he did at Syracuse.