What's new

Game Thread Dec 12, 2020: Jazz vs. Suns (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 12-12-20

I think Dok chasing everything is more him just being excited and trying to show out with energy for the coaches. He'll learn to stay grounded pretty quickly if he wants any PT.

The thing about Azabuike is you can tell he wants to dominate. And he has elite athleticism for his size. We may have gotten ourselves another steal.

Just needs to work on his Ft shooting. It's awful as we knew it was. It will expose him, and keep him off the floor in the future.
He's like really really bad.

Just needs to work on his Ft shooting. It's awful as we knew it was. It will expose him, and keep him off the floor in the future.
He's like really really bad.

LOL - it's crazy bad. He'll need to literally start at Step 1.

Regardless, I'm still fully expecting the following thread title within the next 2 years - "Azubuike as a stretch 5?"

Udoka shut down the paint pretty well. In the regular season refs will be tough on him though if he falls for pump fakes, so will have to reel a little of that aggression in.
Morgan could get some major minutes this year. Looked very comfortable in our offense knocking down the 3. Also grabs rebounds out of his zone very well for a 6'8" guy.

Brantley - didn't force tonight which was good. He played within the system. He will get his offence if he does this.
Oni - Looks solid on both ends. Love his defensive hustle. He might not pan out as a defensive stopper but there is a chance.
Azubuike - looks like someone who impacts the game. Bradley was so bad on defence. It was a huge difference having Udoka out there.
Hughes - has a nice attack to the basket, and his stroke is smoooooooth

I like all 4 of these guys.

Get rid of Niang. Jesus he's bad. O'neale I wish we could move on from. Maybe he can be Donovan's agent or something.

Regardless, I'm still fully expecting the following thread title within the next 2 years - "Azubuike as a stretch 5?"

The only hope is that sometimes it's easier to fix something completely broken than try to upgrade something half working. I really hope they will teach him some proper mechanics.

Most people can improve their FT shooting. Gobert wasn't great to start off with, and no looks decent.

Bogey played tough defense and had some tough rebounds. I'll probably never say those words again but it happened.

Oni couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight but was the team leader in +/- at +16. Tells me he was causing at least a little defensive disruption out there.

Oni couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight but was the team leader in +/- at +16. Tells me he was causing at least a little defensive disruption out there.

He was rushing his shot for some reason - form was awful.

Probably a little nerves. He'll be ok

Bogey played tough defense and had some tough rebounds. I'll probably never say those words again but it happened.

I'm guilty of getting on Bogey for his empty box scores (other than shooting) last year. I think we'll soon see how much his bad wrist was a factor.

On the shooting side, one thing that is glaring is how mediocre Bogey was from 2pt range last year (47%). That is significantly below his career averages. Strange to say it but we could be seeing quite bounce back year from Bogey.

I'm guilty of getting on Bogey for his empty box scores (other than shooting) last year. I think we'll soon see how much his bad wrist was a factor.

On the shooting side, one thing that is glaring is how mediocre Bogey was from 2pt range last year (47%). That is significantly below his career averages. Strange to say it but we could be seeing quite bounce back year from Bogey.
Color me nervous. A great shooter who has surgery on his shooting wrist.