What's new

Derek Fisher, noted family man of faith, busted on DUI

He's not mormon. Most religions don't have anything against drinking.

That being said, what a dumbass.

What a sick human being.

I have zero sympathy for millionaires who drive drunk.

Call a ****ing uber or cab. Zero excuses.

Fisher can go kick rocks. Not a fan.

But like Cy said, he isn't married. Also, because he is a person of faith he won't mess up? Good luck with that line of thinking.

Give him the same punishment anyone else would get for a DUI.

Fisher can go kick rocks. Not a fan.

But like Cy said, he isn't married. Also, because he is a person of faith he won't mess up? Good luck with that line of thinking.

Give him the same punishment anyone else would get for a DUI.

Somebody help me find where someone in this thread has:

1. Cast judgment on his marital status.
2. Referenced him as a man of faith.

I'm having a hard time finding it. TIA.

Somebody help me find where someone in this thread has:

1. Cast judgment on his marital status.
2. Referenced him as a man of faith.

I'm having a hard time finding it. TIA.

1. Piggy backed off Cy's comment since OP referenced the woman in the car as his "slam piece"
2. Thread title, and I quote "man of faith"

Glad I can help you.

1. Piggy backed off Cy's comment since OP referenced the woman in the car as his "slam piece"
2. Thread title, and I quote "man of faith"

Good catch. I guess I should read thread titles these days.

Well now that we know everyone is okay, I can only feel slightly guilty for making a joke.

Maybe his car just hit a bug and it flopped like it was shot with sniper and so it really wasn't his fault.

Plenty of fair criticism of the thread title and the judgmental tone of the whole thing. Yeah I know he's not married and I know that he doesn't share the same regionally-specific religion that many on this board might (which by the way has its own problematic history and policies about sex). So message received.

HOWEVAH
stephen-a-smith.png

Derek Fisher also wrote this book:
511Pgbmda1L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In his compelling new book, Fisher shares the Christian values that have guided him on the court and off. With anecdotes from his personal and professional life, Fisher offers lessons learned along the way.

If you're going to put yourself on a pedestal, maybe don't drink and drive.

The whole thing with Matt Barnes' ex is just hilarious to me. Why not get involved with the most unstable man in the NBA's ex-wife. Seems like an air-tight plan.

Also I should note, that my all-time favorite Jazz moment is the Derek Fisher game. His hornswoggling the Jazz (which by the way was beneficial for the Jazz, but still shady af) and subsequent failures in both basketball and his personal life don't change that either. Still love that game.

I want to pile on him a little but this **** is more serious than using your kids illness to make your way out of Utah.

He's had issues with player's union and personal life that have showed he's not exactly squeaky clean. I don't wish this kind of ill on anyone though. Time to let go guys... hope the guy figures things out... I don't think he's a total scumbag and honestly him asking out wasn't a bad deal for us. He helped us win a couple playoff series and helped provide some good moments.

Oh I agree on not liking him Magic Spray. Guy is a massive fraud IMO.

Everything aside, even though his shooting really sucked *** when he played with us (WTF?), I think he's presence was a big component to our WCF run and I think we need something like that going forward. I'm not certain who or what that would be. Even an argument could be made for a Wes Matthews.