What's new

Derrick Favors was the best defender in the league last season...

How is Favors health much more of a concern than Exum's?
It’s really not, but Derrick has had knee and back problems and was on a larger contract. It’s likely to catch up to him someday. Hopefully not, but a $17 million dollar back up center with previous health issues is a risky investment.

I mean it wasn't obvious. It was just an incorrect statement. By your same standard we were better with Favors on the court than Gobert. Since we had a better rating with Favors and the other starters than with Gobert. Favors was better than Jae in most lineups except if they played with a non shooting PG and non shooting other big. That's pretty specific.

Either way our team is not only better but more suited to Snyder offensively.

I wish we could have this team and Favors but that wasn't possible. Also Favors health is a big concern. Much more of a concern than Exums.

Minor complaint: not in the stats I can find and minutes for the lesser squads arent high enough to make much from.

The two main units were pretty damn good, +57 with Favors, +119 with Crowder. The main units are gonna be +*****on with Conley. The question is, will Bog, Davis, Green > Favors, Crowder. I think yes if other units where Davis is in for Gobert shows less of a drop. Plus, they couldnt have added Conley without dropping Favors and Crowder so it's not really a fair comparison to start with.

Minor complaint: not in the stats I can find and minutes for the lesser squads arent high enough to make much from.

The two main units were pretty damn good, +57 with Favors, +119 with Crowder. The main units are gonna be +*****on with Conley. The question is, will Bog, Davis, Green > Favors, Crowder. I think yes if other units where Davis is in for Gobert shows less of a drop. Plus, they couldnt have added Conley without dropping Favors and Crowder so it's not really a fair comparison to start with.
I agree Bog, Davis, green is better. Honestly I think green is a better fit for us than Crowder. And Bog+Davis is better than Favors.

Yes they are limited minutes but it's all the data we have and it matches all the other stats when comparing the two players. There is big data for Favors instead of Gobert but I think there are more factors. Plus we have previous seasons of data and the playoffs.

It's pretty safe to say Favors was a better player than Crowder, more valuable to our team, and helped us win more last season.

Not that it matters because they are gone now.