Derrick Favors was the best defender in the league last season...

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Ellis269

Ellis269 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    It’s really not, but Derrick has had knee and back problems and was on a larger contract. It’s likely to catch up to him someday. Hopefully not, but a $17 million dollar back up center with previous health issues is a risky investment.

2. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Because he has chronic issues that are long term.

3. Carbon13

Carbon13 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    We all know this is because of Rudy

4. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Minor complaint: not in the stats I can find and minutes for the lesser squads arent high enough to make much from.

The two main units were pretty damn good, +57 with Favors, +119 with Crowder. The main units are gonna be +*****on with Conley. The question is, will Bog, Davis, Green > Favors, Crowder. I think yes if other units where Davis is in for Gobert shows less of a drop. Plus, they couldnt have added Conley without dropping Favors and Crowder so it's not really a fair comparison to start with.

5. themanknownassting

themanknownassting Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Except the likes of Gasol, Adams, and Capela. He gets pushed around and seems to struggle against the heavier bigs.

6. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Not really. Maybe Gasol because of the shooting, but he doesnt struggle against Capela or Stevens.

7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    I agree Bog, Davis, green is better. Honestly I think green is a better fit for us than Crowder. And Bog+Davis is better than Favors.

Yes they are limited minutes but it's all the data we have and it matches all the other stats when comparing the two players. There is big data for Favors instead of Gobert but I think there are more factors. Plus we have previous seasons of data and the playoffs.

It's pretty safe to say Favors was a better player than Crowder, more valuable to our team, and helped us win more last season.

Not that it matters because they are gone now.