What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

Interesting. What does that mean?
It means we get to be a scapegoat for the league. For instance, let’s say a player says or does something, like on another team, like the Heat, let’s pretend. And when that player says or does that, they can deflect this as a reflection on said franchise and state by saying “Utah wants him!” or “trade him to Utah!”

It means that Elijah "Jussie Smollett" Millsap is full of crap and can't come to grips with the fact that he lacked the ability to stay in the league and therefore goes straight to race baiting accusations to justify his own failures.
And you can say this with 100% knowledge of everything that has taken place?
You haven't heard? Being white automatically makes you racist in today's society. Get with the program and start repenting now!
There are many different faces of racism. Fact is it has been kept alive and has evolved over the years to reflect the times. One of those is ignorance, I think most of us have been guilty of this from time to time, me included.

I’ve always looked at the Millsap as having high morale character. Something had to have happened. Wether he took too long for him to come forward or he misinterpreted what was said and was distorted over the years in his mind, or like I said, maybe there was a gentleman’s handshake between DL and whoever, but I refuse at this time to just state it was definitely Elijia race baiting. Like I said we will never know unless the one at fault comes forward.

Did these allegations cause us any problems?

We haven't been playing well lately and right before these comments can out we were on fire. Something happened. We just see off lately.

We'll likely never know. Good reason why ALL profesional interactions like this, where race or sex could come into play, should be recorded.

That there is a good chance, and EXTREMELY good chance, that this never happened the way that Millsap said it did. This will be a major disappointment to at least a few people on this board and a good chunk of Twitter.
What? Who? Why?

There are people that want to have a target for their hatred, so DL was the perfect foil, a white guy in power. So there are people who will be disappointed that they cannot use him as their target any longer. But really plenty will likely ignore all of this and proclaim he is guilty and they are all just lying about it.
I don’t think this is true for even the rubiest rubes on the site.

There is an earned reputations about Utah that is unfortunate on so many levels. Some of us think that we should work harder to address the issue, and others are more concerned with taking personal exception to the idea that stopping racism requires uncomfortable reflection and action.

Still others don’t like Dennis Lindsey, but I dare say that nobody is ultimately rooting against him or the team.

Very glad the review didn’t reveal anything. I still take the position that Elijah is one or both of up-in-the-night or that he misheard something. I don’t think it was malicious, but I also don’t think his accounting of the events is accurate.

And if the event DID happen, I truly believe that such **** will certainly not fly now if it did then.

And isn't that the really sad part? A completely false, hate driven narrative just to stir controversy.
You know, I wondered if you would be so sure of yourself that, even after we've both been here for years, you thought I was agreeing with you.

I don't know exactly what Lindsay said, but I find it completely reasonable that 1) he said something pretty close to what Millsap reported, 2) he did so as a kind of throw-away with no malicious intent, 3) that was not really noticed by the other men in the room who were focusing more on Millsap than Lindsay, and 4) that was noticed by Millsap, but he felt he didn't have a secure enough position to say so at the time.

I am heartened by the way the board the contents of what Millsap claimed Lindsay said (however accurately/inaccurately), but I don't believe that 5 1/2 years ago the reaction to that comment would have been the same by many of them. We reached a cultural tipping point in the last couple of years, AFAICT.

I’ve always looked at the Millsap as having high morale character. Something had to have happened. Wether he took too long for him to come forward or he misinterpreted what was said and was distorted over the years in his mind, or like I said, maybe there was a gentleman’s handshake between DL and whoever, but I refuse at this time to just state it was definitely Elijia race baiting. Like I said we will never know unless the one at fault comes forward.

then again Milsap thinks the reason he didn't stick in the league is that the Jazz badmouthed him to other teams .....

then again Milsap thinks the reason he didn't stick in the league is that the Jazz badmouthed him to other teams .....
That right there is the tell. He blames Lindsey for the fact that he isn't playing in the NBA today, when DL is the only person that ever gave him an opportunity. That is VERIFYABLY Bullcrap.