What's new

enjoy your 5-6 more years of "decent" jazz team fighting for the 8th playoff spot.

Who cares if they're not starting? Why is starting more important than how much you play? And why is 30 the magic number which makes everything okay, but 28 makes it a failure of the season?.

This season began and I had hopes of starting lineup of burke burks hayward favors and kanter..... and each one of them getting over 30 minutes per game.

When the season began I had hopes and expections (which seemed logical, reasonable, and likely to occur) and those hopes and expectations are not happening.

I'm someone who feels upset and unsatisfied when things that I want to happen don't. I'm still enjoying the season though and watching all the games so it shouldn't concern you so much how I feel.

Also I was upset with how burks has been used for the past couple of years as well so the frustration has just been building for a while

That's what im talkin bout.
30 minutes plus.

This season began and I had hopes of starting lineup of burke burks hayward favors and kanter..... and each one of them getting over 30 minutes per game.

If that would have happened then I would never complain about anything..... we could lose all our games, win em all, or be right in the middle.
But since those conditions are not even close to being met, I will continue to complain and there is nothing ya'll can do to stop me.

Enjoy

Why do want to hinder Kanter's growth so badly by playing him with Favors instead of a floor spreading shooter?

Why do want to hinder Kanter's growth so badly by playing him with Favors instead of a floor spreading shooter?

Cause I hate kanter and want him to die

So, because a couple of the players from the list are playing a couple of minutes a game fewer than 30, that's "conditions are not even close to being met?"

G-d, you're an idiot.
You're entitled to your opinion. I won't post that I think you're an idiot for having it, because I think that you've made some pretty good points in the thread even though I disagree with your point of view.

I don't think that it's as easy to dismiss how Corbin runs the team and distributes minutes considering that this is a young team with a developing core group of players who have not played together at all - despite the fact that this was outlined as a lean year primed for player development.

If I were Dennis Lindsey, I'd rather see more of the Core group of young players than I have so far. I would not care one iota about how much or little Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins and JLIII play, as long as I see more of the Core players. You know, those players who should be members of the Jazz past this waste of a season. I don't think that it's unreasonable for fans to want to see how those players would do (for good or bad) if they were on the court together.

Are the issues presented by playing this core group of players together something that absolutely can't be worked past, or is it going to be something that defines moves and strategies going forward - like possibly moving one player to better utilize another. I don't see how anyone can say that the Jazz have adequately approached dealing with these types of questions. Can Favors and Kanter really not ever play together on the court at the same time? Is there no way to work past the issues caused by this to see if they can in fact co-exist? Can Burks and Hayward play together on the court at the same time, or will one of them have to be a starter while the other fills the 6th man role? Does Enes Kanter have the mental toughness to work his way out of his slump? Considering how he's being used and the type of minutes he's been getting so far, how can they know?

The Jazz have so much invested in all five of their young core lottery guys that it would be nice to see them played TOGETHER to see what does and does not work. They simply have not been used together at all. There's no harm in doing it and learning from the experience. But that's not Ty's way of doing things, so it won't happen unless Marvin and Jefferson are traded or Ty Corbin is fired. Since it doesn't look like DL wants to fire Ty, those of us who feel like the roster is not being best utilized have to hope for some moves that force the Jazz to play those guys all together and just live with the results.

Can Favors and Kanter really not ever play together on the court at the same time? Is there no way to work past the issues caused by this to see if they can in fact co-exist? Can Burks and Hayward play together on the court at the same time, or will one of them have to be a starter while the other fills the 6th man role?
The only reason the 5 young guys aren't playing together is Kanter and his poor start. I think we have to wait until Kanter strings together at least a handful of decent games (from a confidence/intelligence standpoint) to expect Ty to throw him in there during crunch time OR play him with Favors, which hasn't worked even when they've shared the court with Trey.

Burks and Hayward do play together. In fact, Burks, Burke and Hayward all play together 9 minutes per game on average. To both develop and assess their on-ball talents, I think it's best one of them comes off the bench. If all 3 prove capable, and are part of the Jazz's future, I think it still makes sense to bring one of them off the bench to make it easier to have one or two of them on the court at all times without overuse of substitutions (which can throw off players' rhythm). If RJ is moved, I'd guess we see the 3 of them playing together down the stretch of close games a lot more.

The only reason the 5 young guys aren't playing together is Kanter and his poor start. I think we have to wait until Kanter strings together at least a handful of decent games (from a confidence/intelligence standpoint) to expect Ty to throw him in there during crunch time OR play him with Favors, which hasn't worked even when they've shared the court with Trey.

Burks and Hayward do play together. In fact, Burks, Burke and Hayward all play together 9 minutes per game on average. To both develop and assess their on-ball talents, I think it's best one of them comes off the bench. If all 3 prove capable, and are part of the Jazz's future, I think it still makes sense to being one of them off the bench to make it easier to usually have two of them on the court at all times without overuse of substitutions (which can throw off players' rhythm). If RJ is moved, I'd guess we see the 3 of them playing together down the stretch of close games a lot more.
Repped. Again, like I said earlier. . . I like that there's decent arguments coming from the other side. I don't disagree with you about either fact that A.) Kanter is the reason the Core 5 haven't played together or that B.) Burks, Hayward and Burke can't or shouldn't play together. I just think that Ty Corbin is not great at managing minutes or lineups and that he's too slow to reward the young guys and too quick to punish them. I think that you have to play them together to really see what you have with them. Over-relying on Marvin, Jefferson (and even Evans to a degree) just muddles that process. Experiment with the lineups and see what does and does not actually work. Ty is too conservative to take that approach. Especially since he's a lame-duck coach looking to either secure an extension or audition for a new job after the season.

The title of this thread says it all....and is quite accurate! In fact, we can unequivocally take it a step further and say: Professional basketball (NBA) is practically DEAD in Utah, and will be completely dead in less than 24 months! The Jazz need NOT 1 but TWO top notch smart, fundamentally sound basketball players with athletic ability and there are none on planet earth that want to sign and play in Utah! It's OVER! The Utah Jazz are DEAD! The team will be sold, moved or dissolved within 2 years!

How can you people freak out that you will lose the draft pick chance when Jazz closely has the worst 3rd win ratio in the entire league right now?

How can you people freak out that you will lose the draft pick chance when Jazz closely has the worst 3rd win ratio in the entire league right now?

Jazz are 5-5 over their last 10.
Bucks are 2-8
Sixers are 5-5
Magic are 3-7
Kings are 3-7
Knicks are 4-6
Nets are 4-6

So you can see that while the Jazz are 3rd right now that they wont be if this trend continues. Jazz are 10-11 out of their last 21 games. So right now we are ok but we wont be if everything stays the same. Hearing the recent trade rumors gives me hope.

Jazz are 5-5 over their last 10.
Bucks are 2-8
Sixers are 5-5
Magic are 3-7
Kings are 3-7
Knicks are 4-6
Nets are 4-6

So you can see that while the Jazz are 3rd right now that they wont be if this trend continues. Jazz are 10-11 out of their last 21 games. So right now we are ok but we wont be if everything stays the same. Hearing the recent trade rumors gives me hope.

I am aware of that but I think given the overall ranking right now, it's a bit early to panic for it.

Last edited:
The title of this thread says it all....and is quite accurate! In fact, we can unequivocally take it a step further and say: Professional basketball (NBA) is practically DEAD in Utah, and will be completely dead in less than 24 months! The Jazz need NOT 1 but TWO top notch smart, fundamentally sound basketball players with athletic ability and there are none on planet earth that want to sign and play in Utah! It's OVER! The Utah Jazz are DEAD! The team will be sold, moved or dissolved within 2 years!

lol u gots 2 red bars now bro. whats happenin? maybe this is a clue from the gods that u ****ing suck and need a change inyo life?

I am aware of that but I think given the overall ranking right now, it's a bit early to panic for it.

I think the panic is over done but I understand and agree with the call of action. Fix it before it becomesa problem and requires serious intervention.

Basically like finding a hole in your roof and fixing it before a storm hits and it becomes a problem.