What's new

Former Jazz players around the league

homeytennis

Why didn’t we offer him the MLE? Did I miss where DL got traded? I was assured he was still part of the process, and that he was still “100% personally invested in the future success of the Jazz.”

The strategy of “make you a consultant” is the executive version of the TPE. You trade your guy and assuage everyone’s fears about how “oh now we have a TPE we can use,” and all the media push the TPE value in all discussions, only to never mention it at all the next year when it quietly expires.

“Oh yes Dennis is getting promoted.”
“Dennis? Who’s Dennis?”
He may be washed, but will still provide the Jazz more than Dok and Gay.

Release the Kraken

Such a joy watching Joltin Joe Ingles orchestrate (a big part of anyway) erasing the Knicks 17 point lead for the win Monday night. Obviously a big part of what they’re doing over there and coach trusted him enough to keep him In during the stretch run. He finished with 17 points. 3 boards and 5 assists with a +14 in 28 minutes.

He said he’d come back better than ever and Coach Bud and the franchise were smart enough to believe him. Color me favorably surprised and impressed!

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Such a joy watching Joltin Joe Ingles orchestrate (a big part of anyway) erasing the Knicks 17 point lead for the win Monday night. Obviously a big part of what they’re doing over there and coach trusted him enough to keep him In during the stretch run. He finished with 17 points. 3 boards and 5 assists with a +14 in 28 minutes.

He said he’d come back better than ever and Coach Bud and the franchise were smart enough to believe him. Color me favorably surprised and impressed!
Bittersweet for sure. I would love Joe on this team. He's exactly the kind of player we need. Provide stability and that vet presence and a little smart *** edge we are missing.

Release the Kraken

Bittersweet for sure. I would love Joe on this team. He's exactly the kind of player we need. Provide stability and that vet presence and a little smart *** edge we are missing.
Oh Hell yeah! I’m not pointing fingers though cause at the time with his age and injury a lot was in question. Just happy that we were able to get NAW.out of the deal!

Release the Kraken

Remember Saben Lee from camp? Came over as part of the Bogey deal and had a couple of really impressive dunks in preseason as I recall. Most thought he’d just fall into GLeague oblivion after he got cut, but not the case at all. Been getting some good minutes in Phoenix with Booker out. He had 15 pts with 5 dimes in 29:30 last night in a win over the Nets. (Two unrelated guards named Lee in Phoenix now to keep the announcers on their toes.)

HermanG

Remember Saben Lee from camp? Came over as part of the Bogey deal and had a couple of really impressive dunks in preseason as I recall. Most thought he’d just fall into GLeague oblivion after he got cut, but not the case at all. Been getting some good minutes in Phoenix with Booker out. He had 15 pts with 5 dimes in 29:30 last night in a win over the Nets. (Two unrelated guards named Lee in Phoenix now to keep the announcers on their toes.)
Actually he got 6 dimes and 3 of them were very good ones while 2 were more about happening to be the last guy touching the ball.

I get it why we cut him though. Beasley, Sexton, NAW and THT in rotation behind Conley and Clarkson and Ochai and Bolmaro (both younger than Lee) waiting for a chance.... Kind of a logjam of young guard behind the vet starters.

homeytennis

Actually he got 6 dimes and 3 of them were very good ones while 2 were more about happening to be the last guy touching the ball.

I get it why we cut him though. Beasley, Sexton, NAW and THT in rotation behind Conley and Clarkson and Ochai and Bolmaro (both younger than Lee) waiting for a chance.... Kind of a logjam of young guard behind the vet starters.
He may have set a record for the number of teams played for in six months: Pistons, Jazz, Suns twice, Raptors, Sixers and two GLeague teams.

Release the Kraken

Yeah, I saw some real playmaking ability while he was in camp and was hoping against hope that he could stay on with us. But as you say, we had a surfeit of guards and his contract was easiest to burn.