What's new

Game #11: Nets at Jazz, Saturday 01/14/2012 7:00 MST

Can anyone tell me how the + / -layer ratings work?
Favors finished with + 4
Kanter finished with - 8

Looked over the stats and Kanter looked better in all, maybe im missing something?
Since the Nets' scrubs outscored the Jazz scrubs, Kanter wound up with a -. Favors was in while the Jazz made a couple of nice runs. Again, +/- is absolutely worthless as a stat over 1 game. IMO, it's 99% worthless over an entire season. A great player on a lousy team will likely have a -. A lousy player on a great team may have a +.

Can anyone tell me how the + / -layer ratings work?
Favors finished with + 4
Kanter finished with - 8

Looked over the stats and Kanter looked better in all, maybe im missing something?

Favors played more with the players that normally get larger minutes, and Kanter played with weird lineups, e.g., Jeremy Evans playing against Marshon Brooks. Kanter played nice D, rebounded the ball on par with his "gobbler" nickname, and had some nice offensive production. Favors didn't look that good to me tonight.

Since the Nets' scrubs outscored the Jazz scrubs, Kanter wound up with a -. Favors was in while the Jazz made a couple of nice runs. Again, +/- is absolutely worthless as a stat over 1 game. IMO, it's 99% worthless over an entire season. A great player on a lousy team will likely have a -. A lousy player on a great team may have a +.
Thanks and I agree with u it being worthless.

I don't think the Jazz are a shoo-in to make the playoffs. The biggest problem is the West is loaded. I don't believe all this crap about teams being too old. S&M in 1999 were old and they tied for the best record. They fizzled in the playoffs because they weren't the best team. The playoffs are an entirely different monster than the regular season.

I am not saying that the Jazz don't have a shot at the playoffs but the schedule gets brutal in Feb. and March. I just don't think the Jazz will put a winning record with that many away games.

I like Kanter's minutes. The problem with Kanter and Favors playing together is neither are great offensive players. I wish Evans could get some minutes simply because he knows how to play basketball. I have complained about CJ a lot but tonight he played well.

Nice win even though it was boring. I hope everyone can move forward from the DW situation and concentrate on the Jazz.

Favors played more with the players that normally get larger minutes, and Kanter played with weird lineups, e.g., Jeremy Evans playing against Marshon Brooks. Kanter played nice D, rebounded the ball on par with his "gobbler" nickname, and had some nice offensive production. Favors didn't look that good to me tonight.

Cheers, thanks for the extra info.

play the rookies more.
I'd like to see Evans Burks Hayward Kanter Favors all together on the court. Then they wouldn't all be able to defer to the vets so much.

Why? Their pick is top-8 protected. And the further they slied, the more chance they just give up by mid-season.

It's top seven protected, not eight. And I don't see them tanking. First year coaches in any sport generally get the most out of their players and I see them fighting all season long, even if things continue to be discouraging. And personally, and I of course could be wrong here, I see Jackson being a scrappy/fighter type of a coach who will demand no less.

The Warriors have been so bad so long that they need to prove they're a serious franchise. They've had draft picks in the past, and I think their FO really wants to make a trade for a proven player or FA acquisition to start winning sooner.

To bad Evans did not score. He is the only Jazz player that did not score.

Marc Jackson will not tank, they ran the Heat out of their building in OT a few nights ago.....without Stephen Curry.

Of course the coach isn't going to tank, but that won't stop their FO from just deciding to sit Curry for the rest of the year.

Glass is right. We need this team to be competetive, at least until the halfway point. If the Ws are anywhere close to the bottom 7 coming down the stretch, you can bet they will be sitting key players.

Do you have any facts to back up this opinion? Sloan himself said, DW was not the reason why he left!! Are you calling Jerry a liar? DW got traded. Seriously if there were more boos than all the criticism Jazz fans get is well deserved.

Well of course Jerry isn't going to throw Deron under the bus or vice versa... For petes sake, I don't understand why some people actually believe anybody would do this in front of the camera...

It would ruin both of their images if they blackballed each other...

Use your brain!

But then again I get neg rep'd because there isn't any proof according to cowhide that DWill had a part in Sloan leaving..... Yet most could see it plain as day. As I said before, I wouldn't have boo'd him personally but could see why some fans would have tonight. Feel bad for him in a way as he has scrubs around him and in a no win situation.

Went to the game. Most people booing that I saw have no idea why the hell they were doing it. Just doing it because others were.

First of all, the Nets are terrible. They run nothing on offense and they have such a loose defense. But beating the crap out of a bad team is a good sign.

The new D we're sporting this year is really a nice thing to see. It's amazing what having a defensive scheme, not just a basic philosophy, will do.