What's new

Game Of Thrones

I don't know that it has been as obvious on the show, but in the books it is pretty clear that Varys is working HARD on the side of good. He's basically a secret agent for good.

My understanding is that he's working for the invasion by Aegon, and a lot of people think that Aegon is a Blackfyre (as is Varys).

They say it's because you're supposed to watch it uncompressed (all cable TV is compressed) on a studio quality monitor. Duh. Why would you just tune into HBO and try to watch this epic episode on you consumer grade TV?

In ten years with an unknown delivery platform it's gonna look hella sweet bro!

The only explanation of what he wanted came from Bran: he wants to erase the world of men. Yes, a two-dimensional ultra villain. I don't think the CotF expected the Night King to turn on them. The creators explain in one of the after-show interviews (from S8E1) that the body art is a sacrilege to the art forms of the CotF created. If you watch the show on demand, you can see these interviews afterward.
I meant to address this earlier. I don't want to have the episodes explained to me by the producers, writers, actors, whoever, after the fact. I want the story to be in the show I'm watching. I want the story to be told during the story. I want to understand the universe from within the universe. Extra info is appreciated, but crucial details, facts, plot points, motivations should not have to be explained outside the telling of the story.

I meant to address this earlier. I don't want to have the episodes explained to me by the producers, writers, actors, whoever, after the fact. I want the story to be in the show I'm watching. I want the story to be told during the story. I want to understand the universe from within the universe. Extra info is appreciated, but crucial details, facts, plot points, motivations should not have to be explained outside the telling of the story.

Yep. We’re all bright individuals here. We can figure **** out really well. But this **** might as well have been hieroglyphics.

In HBO’s defense, they did have a limited budget. All of this season reportedly cost them about 90M. Let’s even say that was 100M. That’s for all six episodes or about 7-8 hours, so considering how much screen time that is and how much is paid to the many actors on the show, I’m not sure they had their hands on the best CGI technology and/or employees out there and if they did, I imagine it had to be rushed, given like I said, the limited budget, which pales in comparison to movie budgets, and hell, we’ve seen the ******* CGI in big budget movies.

Welp. Another Dragon down, this show is not cutting Dany any breaks. I thought the ironborn ambush was dumb dumb dumb.

These writers blow.

It was good enough it will carry to the end as a great show, but so many dumb things.

They ruined Tyrion, Jamie, Jon (made him a lil bitch) and Bron (he used to be a greedy guy with a lil heart and now he's just a greedy guy.)

The love interests are cliche and predictable.

Anyone with have a brain would attack at night with a dragon.

Dani and Cersei should get a room. They are both really unlikable.

During the scene between the Master of Whispers and Tyrion, the MOW was actually upfront and likable and Tyrion's thinking was flawed.

The character development throughout the series has been off for many of the characters. It's just weird.

Tormund left to go live in the North by himself and a direwolf.

Arya and the Hound are on point. I like the part where the Hound didn't react to Gentry being announced King or lord. **** the King.

Last edited:
Oof. They needed about 4-6 more episodes to not make this a rushed piece of trash. Can't tell if the writers are just awful or with only 6 episodes they just don't have the time to write anything decent. I think it's both.

That said I still kinda enjoyed it. I'm not that big of a debbie downer.

Only 6 episodes is a conflict with HBO right? No way the writers felt this was enough to wrap up the show.

Only 6 episodes is a conflict with HBO right? No way the writers felt this was enough to wrap up the show.
Nah I'm pretty sure I read that HBO was fine giving them 10 episodes per season, but for various production reasons the show runners opted for fewer episodes of greater length.