Game Of Thrones

YB85

Banned
Contributor
The Theon scenes would make more sense if he and Ramsay were actually in the third book.

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
A lot of this Brienne and Kingslayer stuff is from book four as well, no? There's no way they could make a decent season out of just book four, imo. Just a lot of people wondering about not really getting anywhere.

YB85

Banned
Contributor
A lot of this Brienne and Kingslayer stuff is from book four as well, no? There's no way they could make a decent season out of just book four, imo. Just a lot of people wondering about not really getting anywhere.

No, their stuff is book 3.

Hekate

I miss Jaqen H'ghar. Do any of you guys know if he is coming back in any of the books? He was the coolest character of the tv series.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I miss Jaqen H'ghar. Do any of you guys know if he is coming back in any of the books? He was the coolest character of the tv series.

His specific character doesn't come back, but his hometown and his cult (or whatever) are significant in the story.

Jazz4ever

I liked how the last episode focused on just a few characters and plots rather than jumping around incoherently to nearly every character for 3 minutes.

AtheistPreacher

I liked how the last episode focused on just a few characters and plots rather than jumping around incoherently to nearly every character for 3 minutes.

This has been my main criticism of the TV show all along. It would be better if they could swing doing three storylines -- or maybe four at most -- per episode. Instead they often try to hit everyone for very short periods of time, and they can't help but lose momentum doing it that way.

Although in fairness, 1. Martin specifically wrote these books as an escape from the constraints of TV writing, which makes covering everything that happens in the story pretty much impossible to do elegantly (just too many damned characters and stories), and 2. this phenomenon seems more prevalent in the early episodes of a season when they feel more need to "check in" with everyone after a year of being off-air. After the first two or three episodes I felt like it got better.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Only two more episodes. That's the worst part. I want more.

mr-creosote.jpg

AtheistPreacher

FYI, tonight would be a good night to watch, and don't look at show discussion until you do. There's an important event from the books that will happen on tonight's episode and you don't want to spoil it for yourself, trust me.