What's new

Game Of Thrones

My dad had a week off from work and he was bored. He likes the show Vikings, Merlin, and Spartacus which are currently on or just recently ended. I thought because of this he would probably like Game of Thrones he likes swords and sorcery type of shows. I showed my dad a website where you can watch Game of Thrones. I showed him a little bit how to use it and set up the first episode. He watched it all the way through which I was surprised and then went to bed. The next day I woke up really late (after noon) and he usually wakes up early. I went downstairs to load up the second episode to see if I could convince him to watch it. He was already on episode 7.

He finished the whole series so far (all three seasons) in less than three days.

Good man. Hat's off to him.

Mr Preacher, now that I've read what you said, I'm willing to go back over 4 and 5 to see how it goes. I will say I didn't like the time line shift between books. I thought that was horrible, and I agree with you that the TV series will actually save that section of time from the mediocrity they were written as.

Loved the books. Would love to see the TV show. How is the nudity and violence? Lots and graphic? Would you let your teenagers watch this show?

I guess eventually it will come on TV in an edited version.

Loved the books. Would love to see the TV show. How is the nudity and violence? Lots and graphic? Would you let your teenagers watch this show?

I guess eventually it will come on TV in an edited version.
Maybe the most graphic series on TV. If it was in the book then generally they show it in the show. I would not allow my kids to watch this show until they were at least 17. My wife who has never read the books has been shocked by the ending of several of the episodes. I don't believe she will watch it next season and I'll have to watch it alone.

For why? Nudity? Violence? Both?

Definitely both. I think the nudity stands out a bit more, but only because we're so used to ultra-violence these days. Even then there's some violence in GoT that is particularly graphic and disturbing relative to most other shows and movies.

My dad had a week off from work and he was bored. He likes the show Vikings, Merlin, and Spartacus which are currently on or just recently ended. I thought because of this he would probably like Game of Thrones he likes swords and sorcery type of shows. I showed my dad a website where you can watch Game of Thrones. I showed him a little bit how to use it and set up the first episode. He watched it all the way through which I was surprised and then went to bed. The next day I woke up really late (after noon) and he usually wakes up early. I went downstairs to load up the second episode to see if I could convince him to watch it. He was already on episode 7.

He finished the whole series so far (all three seasons) in less than three days.

BTW, this reminds of me of getting my mother hooked on Breaking Bad. She's not normally the kind of person to go in for something that dark, but I showed her the first episode when I was visiting for Christmas a few years back, and she loved it. Surprised the heck out of me.

BTW, this reminds of me of getting my mother hooked on Breaking Bad. She's not normally the kind of person to go in for something that dark, but I showed her the first episode when I was visiting for Christmas a few years back, and she loved it. Surprised the heck out of me.

Breaking bad ruke and I think it starts inaugyst. Can't waut!

your dad needs a live.
or do something productive with it.

ooh wait [edited] let women do al the hard work.
while they sit around the house abusing women

Last edited by a moderator:
your dad needs a live.
or do something productive with it.

ooh wait muslims let women do al the hard work.
while they sit around the house abusing women

I think TBS converted to Islam, so his parents might not be Muslim. I could be wrong, though.

How has this thread not been bumped until now? :confused:

Season 4 premieres Sunday, April 6th, or about two weeks away now. It will cover the second half of book three.

I'll just go ahead and post some of the promotional videos that have been released over the past month and a half or so. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ

13634300731559302005.GIF

I cannot wait!

Awesome show. Awesome books.