What's new

Game Of Thrones

What a great episode tonight. And apparently, Jon Snow does know something.

It was a good episode. The scene you mentioned was good. I also liked the scene where Arya was talking with Beric about coming back to life, and Jaime's talk with Brienne in the baths.

The only bit that annoyed me in this episode was the scenes strung together with the guy who slept with Loras. It's not that I mind the man-on-man action particularly, it was just a ridiculously rushed sequence of scenes. It showed them meeting, then sleeping together, then the guy reporting to Littlefinger in the space of about a minute. The whole thing just felt clumsy. Maybe if they'd spaced those scenes out with some other stuff in between it wouldn't have felt so rushed.

I've got a great idea for a new viewpoint character in the books:

tumblr_md8dibkgLi1qizb4vo1_500.jpg

Loving the season, even though the past two episodes have been kind of slow and fragmented (I guess the plot is always fragmented, but it feels especially fragmented when the pace is slow). The Theon plot this season is the worst. It's brutal and stupid and, 7 episodes in, hasn't gone anywhere. (I've read the books and understand where it's going in the long run, and it still feels so unnecessary). I hope the castration thing was the end of it. We get it. Stop taking time from the interesting characters, who never have enough time.

Anyways, we've gone through the mid-season setup, and I'm excited for the final three eps.

Loving the season, even though the past two episodes have been kind of slow and fragmented (I guess the plot is always fragmented, but it feels especially fragmented when the pace is slow). The Theon plot this season is the worst. It's brutal and stupid and, 7 episodes in, hasn't gone anywhere. (I've read the books and understand where it's going in the long run, and it still feels so unnecessary). I hope the castration thing was the end of it. We get it. Stop taking time from the interesting characters, who never have enough time.

Anyways, we've gone through the mid-season setup, and I'm excited for the final three eps.

Agree about the theon scenes being the worst..... also I hate how thick theons accent is so I have no idea what the **** he ever says

The Theon scenes would make more sense if he and Ramsay were actually in the third book.

A lot of this Brienne and Kingslayer stuff is from book four as well, no? There's no way they could make a decent season out of just book four, imo. Just a lot of people wondering about not really getting anywhere.

A lot of this Brienne and Kingslayer stuff is from book four as well, no? There's no way they could make a decent season out of just book four, imo. Just a lot of people wondering about not really getting anywhere.

No, their stuff is book 3.

I miss Jaqen H'ghar. Do any of you guys know if he is coming back in any of the books? He was the coolest character of the tv series.

I miss Jaqen H'ghar. Do any of you guys know if he is coming back in any of the books? He was the coolest character of the tv series.

His specific character doesn't come back, but his hometown and his cult (or whatever) are significant in the story.

I liked how the last episode focused on just a few characters and plots rather than jumping around incoherently to nearly every character for 3 minutes.

I liked how the last episode focused on just a few characters and plots rather than jumping around incoherently to nearly every character for 3 minutes.

This has been my main criticism of the TV show all along. It would be better if they could swing doing three storylines -- or maybe four at most -- per episode. Instead they often try to hit everyone for very short periods of time, and they can't help but lose momentum doing it that way.

Although in fairness, 1. Martin specifically wrote these books as an escape from the constraints of TV writing, which makes covering everything that happens in the story pretty much impossible to do elegantly (just too many damned characters and stories), and 2. this phenomenon seems more prevalent in the early episodes of a season when they feel more need to "check in" with everyone after a year of being off-air. After the first two or three episodes I felt like it got better.

Only two more episodes. That's the worst part. I want more.

mr-creosote.jpg

FYI, tonight would be a good night to watch, and don't look at show discussion until you do. There's an important event from the books that will happen on tonight's episode and you don't want to spoil it for yourself, trust me.