What's new

Game Of Thrones

I'm still not over the Iron Islands went from being a weak banner nation of the north to a naval superpower this season defeating the Dorne's ships and now this episode the Unsullied ships.
I agree. Plus the iron fleet is only half strength (or less) anyway since most of the iron fleet was team Dany (following Theon's sister)

Dorne is 1 of the seven kingdoms and a coastal area as well (like all the other kingdoms) so I imagine they would have some sort of navy. The fact that a split up Iron Island fleet beat them seems like a reverse deus ex machina for me to make the cersei vs daenarys fight more dramatic and a way to kill of characters since we have too many. After looking elsewhere online no one else is having this problem and I guess I build up Dorne too much in my head. This season seems like daenarys (and allies vs cersei and next season daenarys (and allies) vs white walkers/others.

It was not a Dorn fleet. In the show they straight up ask Yara to take the Dorn queen home. The Iron Born fleet under Euron attacked and sank rebels. Not the Dornish fleet.

But no one in Dorne(at least not a major character) is left.

Does Danny lose all of Dorne? Are they thrust into Civil War?

It was not a Dorn fleet. In the show they straight up ask Yara to take the Dorn queen home. The Iron Born fleet under Euron attacked and sank rebels. Not the Dornish fleet.

Even if Dorne (which has a capital located on the coast) had zero ships they were still on Yara's ships and the Iron Islands defeated the fleet by boarding onto them WWE style and dueling them in hand to hand combat.

I am wondering if Jamie is going to tell Cersei who killed Geofrey and that Tyrion had nothing to do with it.

Tons of time warping and teleportation in Westeros these days.

That's one thing that really has the books bogged down, people taking A LOT of time getting from one place to the next and GRRM feeling the need to chronicle every step along the way. But the show has gone too far in the other direction.

First Euron build a huge fleet in no time at all. Then he teleports it to wherever it needs to be whenever it needs to be there.

John Snow makes it from one end of the continent to the other with apparently nothing eventful happening on his journey.

Just look at the map and realize Euron was first at King's Landing, then intercepted the rebel Iron fleet headed to Dorn, then delivered his hostages back to King's Landing, then intercepted the Unsullied fleet at Casterly Rock. He's got some fast ships!

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

I mean, the show doesnt specifically tell you how much time has passed or if the different scenes are in perfect time w/ each other. It's such a silly thing to complain about. Showing Jon Snow travel would be boring and tedious. What is he going to do that hasnt already been shown in the show? How many hours of show time need to pass for it to be acceptable time for Jon Snow to travel that far? Half a season?

I mean, the show doesnt specifically tell you how much time has passed or if the different scenes are in perfect time w/ each other. It's such a silly thing to complain about. Showing Jon Snow travel would be boring and tedious. What is he going to do that hasnt already been shown in the show? How many hours of show time need to pass for it to be acceptable time for Jon Snow to travel that far? Half a season?

If they did it well it wouldn't matter. The way the show is being presented it seems like people are time warping all over the place.

Would just time stamping each scene be enough for you?

It is obvious that months aren't passing between these cross-continental travel scenes. The show is still a lot of fun, and I enjoy the action and the drama between the characters, but the integrity of the timeline has been in the ****ter for 2 seasons now. Anything can happen anywhere at any time.

It is obvious that months aren't passing between these cross-continental travel scenes. The show is still a lot of fun, and I enjoy the action and the drama between the characters, but the integrity of the timeline has been in the ****ter for 2 seasons now. Anything can happen anywhere at any time.

Why is that obvious exactly?

Why is that obvious exactly?

Are you saying nothing happened in the world in those weeks it took Jon Snow to cross the continent? The story doesn't progress much between these trips. it just holds for them to get there.

Even if Dorne (which has a capital located on the coast) had zero ships they were still on Yara's ships and the Iron Islands defeated the fleet by boarding onto them WWE style and dueling them in hand to hand combat.

So? The writing makes it appear that they snuck up on them and got into close proximity. That's how they used to fight, they'd board to boat if they got close. I think that the Dornish leader being on a rebels ship to get home implies that she had no ships of her own with her. Otherwise she'd have gone on her own ship, even if traveling as a group.

TO much thought into it IMO.

Are you saying nothing happened in the world in those weeks it took Jon Snow to cross the continent? The story doesn't progress much between these trips. it just holds for them to get there.
How can we know when Jon left relative to the other parts of the story we see?

If we don't know the time when stuff is happening, then we can't really know. We just assume the stuff we see is happening in a linear time, but it might not be that way. They probably use that to their advantage to be lazy and have freedom to have wonky timelines that can't be fully explained though.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Have the books explored his personality as the 3-eyed Raven yet?
I don't think so. I think in the books he got to the point where he was in that underground dwelling with the children and he met the other 3 eyed raven and was just finding out what it was all about.

*** EXTREME OVERANALYSIS WARNING ***

I don't think the timeline is particularly far-fetched:

- Euron leaves the Iron Islands and visits King's Landing; he propositions Cersei and makes his promise to bring her something of value; at the same time, Dany holds court with her new allies, they formulate their plan, including Dany sending a raven to summon Jon Snow
- Jon Snow decides to accept the summons to Dragonstone, and begins his journey
- At some point after Jon Snow begins his journey, the Greyjoy rebel fleet departs Dragonstone and is attacked; the Unsullied fleet departs a day or two later from Dragonstone
- Jon Snow arrives at Dragonstone; the remnant of the rebel fleet, which is likely damaged severely and undermanned by wounded men, is finally able to get word back to Dany of the attack
- The Unsullied fleet is observed by Lannister informants; Euron arrives at King's Landing with his exploits; Cersei, having already sent a raven to Casterly Rock, sends Euron back out to sea in pursuit of the Unsullied while Jaime marches against Highgarden
- The conflict at Casterly Rock occurs some days after the overthrow of Highgarden, assuming sailing all the way around the cape and up the coast will take a few days longer than marching to Highgarden

In addition to all of this, there is literally nothing (tell me if I missed something) marking how much time is actually passing between major events. There's a vague sense of several days/weeks passing, but that's it. I also don't know of anything really indicating distance between locations, other than Dragonstone and King's Landing appearing to be fairly close on the map.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Kingslayer will grow a spine and stab Cersie with something other than his sausage? Also where is Bronn? The Hound? And Ayra? So many questions 7 days to wait for answers...