What's new

Game Of Thrones

I think it's likely that this episode is going to be a turning point for Jaimes character and that the depth of the water is meant to symbolize a baptism of sorts.
In any case it seems like a weird thing to take issue with.

The only real quibble I had with the battle was how the Lannisters were taken completely unawares by a massive force. It wouldn't bother me so much, except for that it keeps happening on the show. Has no one in Westeros heard of scouts, or warning systems?

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

The reason they built that scorpion is to target lethal spots behind Dragons' armored skin.

Now I believe Cercei is resourceful enough to built more than one so open field battle becomes tougher for Dragons.

On the other side of things Dany is aware of the strategy now and Dracarys is still alive so she can follow a strategy to fly and scout high the scorpion spots that are hard to hide and move, so she can attack without getting her Dragons close to the scorpions since she has Dothraks, Unsullied and Starks on her side for field battle now.

Damn what a combination.

But I still refuse to believe a lake drops off that drastically, idc about fantasy or fiction.

There is a lake close to where I used to live that has a fast drop off right by the shore. They had a whole family drown and multiple drownings over the year due to the extreme drop off close to shore. http://koin.com/2014/08/25/henry-hagg-lake-drowning-08252014/

So I would say that it is as least as realistic as making a head explode with your bare hands, mind melds so powerful they effect time and space to make a kid say Hodor forever, Arya becoming a master swordsman when she didn't seem to even train too much with a sword--not to mention wearing someones face and looking and sounding just like them--, coming back from the dead, (Jon Snow, Thoros, wights), etc. But yeah, lakes with deep drop offs are just impossible.

^
The immediate bank of that river looks fairly steep, way steeper than the terrain on which Jaime and his horse rode.

doesn't Lake Baikal have a crazy steep drop-off? Or does it just get super deep

^
The immediate bank of that river looks fairly steep, way steeper than the terrain on which Jaime and his horse rode.

00003492163883.jpg

doesn't Lake Baikal have a crazy steep drop-off? Or does it just get super deep

It's a huge lake, so I guess it depends on where you are along the coast. Also, it is on my bucket list to visit that lake. Along with Saint Helena Island, the Azores, and Kamchatka.

There is a lake close to where I used to live that has a fast drop off right by the shore. They had a whole family drown and multiple drownings over the year due to the extreme drop off close to shore. http://koin.com/2014/08/25/henry-hagg-lake-drowning-08252014/

So I would say that it is as least as realistic as making a head explode with your bare hands, mind melds so powerful they effect time and space to make a kid say Hodor forever, Arya becoming a master swordsman when she didn't seem to even train too much with a sword--not to mention wearing someones face and looking and sounding just like them--, coming back from the dead, (Jon Snow, Thoros, wights), etc. But yeah, lakes with deep drop offs are just impossible.

True.

I always thought Dothraki would be useless against a disciplined army. Seemed more in şine with GRRM's thinking.

It's a huge lake, so I guess it depends on where you are along the coast. Also, it is on my bucket list to visit that lake. Along with Saint Helena Island, the Azores, and Kamchatka.

While Baikal is natural wonder local people may not be very welcoming.
Here is a video of them brutally beating Russian wrestling champion to death after some minor argument.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqPgZU92Mg

I think it's likely that this episode is going to be a turning point for Jaimes character and that the depth of the water is meant to symbolize a baptism of sorts.
In any case it seems like a weird thing to take issue with.

The only real quibble I had with the battle was how the Lannisters were taken completely unawares by a massive force. It wouldn't bother me so much, except for that it keeps happening on the show. Has no one in Westeros heard of scouts, or warning systems?

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

Not to mention this means that the Dothraki rode the entire width of Westeros or that Dany still has a massive armada despite what Euron Greyjoy destroyed.

Also, if Dany fails to grab the Unsullied while she is close to Casterly Rock she is a fool.

Not to mention this means that the Dothraki rode the entire width of Westeros or that Dany still has a massive armada despite what Euron Greyjoy destroyed.

Also, if Dany fails to grab the Unsullied while she is close to Casterly Rock she is a fool.
Dragonstone is right off the coast from king's landing

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

Tons of time warping and teleportation in Westeros these days.

That's one thing that really has the books bogged down, people taking A LOT of time getting from one place to the next and GRRM feeling the need to chronicle every step along the way. But the show has gone too far in the other direction.

First Euron build a huge fleet in no time at all. Then he teleports it to wherever it needs to be whenever it needs to be there.

John Snow makes it from one end of the continent to the other with apparently nothing eventful happening on his journey.

Just look at the map and realize Euron was first at King's Landing, then intercepted the rebel Iron fleet headed to Dorn, then delivered his hostages back to King's Landing, then intercepted the Unsullied fleet at Casterly Rock. He's got some fast ships!

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

While Baikal is natural wonder local people may not be very welcoming.
Here is a video of them brutally beating Russian wrestling champion to death after some minor argument.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqPgZU92Mg

Yeah saw that, supposedly breaking up a fight, pack of dogs.

Yes it is. But Jaime wasn't at King's Landing yet. He was still sorting everything out at Highgarden.

The attack from the dragons took place right outside the gates of King's Landing. Bronn informs him that the gold has entered King's Landing. It was the food and other supplies still outside.

They were just outside King's Landing. I imagine they will now lay siege to King's Landing.