What's new

Game Of Thrones

Jon is definitely gonna ride a dragon, right?

I think Bran might have to die -- and I think the little forest people will to play some role -- right?

Cersei gonna die for sure.

Jon rode a dragon at the end of the last episode...

Anyone read the original GoT pitch letter from GRRM? Originally he was going to have a 3 way love triangle between Jon, Arya, and Tyrion.

Anyone else hope Stannis was actually not killed since his death happened offscreen and becomes the one sitting on the iron throne at the end? No one? Ok.

arya will kill cersei. probably steal jamie's face or sth

Should have an epic Mountain/Hound brawl with Mountain seemingly about to kill him, and the camera cut to a scene of Mountain then walking back to Cersei who is elsewhere. She talks to him for 30-45 seconds about whatever, commands him to do something, he doesn't move, she grows upset, and he then kills her. The scene has to to be very slow and dramatic. And as she lay bleeding from her neck, he takes off his facial armor. Then the mask to reveal it is Arya, who at this point through dialogue and quick flashback snippets, tells us she killed Mountain just before he offed The Hound.

Just wanted to say that the last 2 seasons had been a great disappointment for me. Plenty of cliched action and dialogue (we probably had more last second rescues in either of the last 2 seasons that the rest combined). And the whole thing feels like watching a montage of GoT, where events are just shown, and but you don't get to see the road that led to them.

It is still fun, but I can't wait for it to be over.

It was enjoyable but storytelling wise it left a lot of be desired. Particularly I didn't enjoy the Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger story very much. Never bought the tension between the sisters, it just never felt believable and while the scene involving LF in the last episode was very well acted and executed, it was far too predictable.

I do enjoy the little reunions we have between characters who you care about. I kind of hope we get to see the hound and arya reunited in the future.

Just wanted to say that the last 2 seasons had been a great disappointment for me. Plenty of cliched action and dialogue (we probably had more last second rescues in either of the last 2 seasons that the rest combined). And the whole thing feels like watching a montage of GoT, where events are just shown, and but you don't get to see the road that led to them.

It is still fun, but I can't wait for it to be over.
Its feels like the producers feel the same way. I'm sure they want to move on with their careers past GoT. I bet HBO would gladly lengthen out the series if they could get everyone to sign on, but I'm sure that is near impossible with how many key characters there are.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Its feels like the producers feel the same way. I'm sure they want to move on with their careers past GoT. I bet HBO would gladly lengthen out the series if they could get everyone to sign on, but I'm sure that is near impossible with how many key characters there are.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Too many key characters you say?

George_R_R_Martin.jpg

If nothing else, these last couple seasons have me more excited about the books. I was worried when the show passed the books that it would essentially ruin it for me, but because of the major departures and the ham-fisted way the show has gone about telling the story I don't think the show will ruin the enjoyment of the story as written by GRRM.

Reminds me of when OL basically said he wanted the show to not end at its endpoint, but to just go on forever, and that it didn't really matter who wrote it. Well, I think we can all plainly see that writing matters. This is not a story that just writes itself.

If nothing else, these last couple seasons have me more excited about the books. I was worried when the show passed the books that it would essentially ruin it for me, but because of the major departures and the ham-fisted way the show has gone about telling the story I don't think the show will ruin the enjoyment of the story as written by GRRM.

Reminds me of when OL basically said he wanted the show to not end at its endpoint, but to just go on forever, and that it didn't really matter who wrote it. Well, I think we can all plainly see that writing matters. This is not a story that just writes itself.

Well he has told them the way he intends to end the books. So if you watch the last season, the end will ruin it.

Well he has told them the way he intends to end the books. So if you watch the last season, the end will ruin it.

Yeah, the ultimate victory of the living vs the dead.

I had forgotten just how much the show has departed from the books. There are several storylines that don't exist in the show that I'm very interested to see where they go in the books. Not only that, but the Battle of the ********, as it was on the show, is not possible in the books. Sansa was never married to Ramsey, some imposter impersonating Arya is married to Ramsey. The entire Euron trash in the show is far better in the books. The entire Dornish story line, that is trash in the show is much better in the books. The Lady Stoneheart storyline, that left us with a big cliffhanger in regard to Brienne, is completely absent in the show.

I think many of the eye-roll inducing plot twists of the last few seasons will either be entirely different in the books or they will be done significantly better.

So yeah, where it ends will be spoiled. But I still enjoy the show and will be happy to see the finale. Then I hope very much that I get to read a significantly improved telling of that story when the books come out.

Last edited:

He's never going to finish the books, he's too busy eating.

Could someone please explain to me why they didn't stretch out the series from 7 to 10 episodes? Felt to me like there's been loads of action but not really enough back story to give it depth.

Seems like a win-win. HBO can get more episodes out of it, viewers get a better story with more depth.

And for those who say "Oh they don't have enough time", I mean give me a break, they've done it for all the other seasons why should this be any different? I don't need extra CGI stuff that I know take AGES to produce, I just need more talking & back story to give it more depth.

Very strange decision for me.