Global Climate Status Report

Douchebag K

Of course, I wrote them. But I suspect babe may be insane. If anything, I'm overly rational, and I've been right about Trump from day one. From the day he descended the escalator in Trump Tower, I've had a crystal clear understanding of what Trump represents. Don't agree? I couldn't care less. Dude.

Dude I don’t gaf. Trump is a clown. But some of your long winded posts sound the same way that you are describing babes.

Red

Again, @Red , the fact is there is political bias in current reports generally, and Nature is part of the crime.

That so-called political "bias" arose in response to the development of a right wing(i.e. political) climate change denying ecosphere rooted in the self interest of the fossil fuel industry. Bolstered and promoted by scientists paid by that same industry. All the scientists who support the research pointing to human caused climate change have done is point out the non-scientific, political bias of industry paid scientific lackeys. Since the deniers' arguments are entirely rooted in politics pretending to be science, pointing out that fact, by real scientists whose work is rooted in objective data, inevitably introduces the political bias of the deniers into the conversation. Really, whose fault is that?

It's good that climate science points out the political underpinnings of the deniers' arguments, since some members of the public are otherwise likely to miss that fundamental truth. The deniers lie, misrepresent and twist data to suit their agenda. And organizations like the Heritage Institute back those deniers, just like they used to back the tobacco industry in the earlier debates over the health hazards of cigarettes.

Red

They are long winded but actually have a lot of thought in them and make sense. Links from quality sources are always provided.

Thank you, fish. I do try very hard, maybe too hard at times, and "short and succinct" will never be a strength on my part. Forums are probably the entirely wrong venue for exhausting and in-depth, but my comments are always sincere, and thought out. Maybe long windedness and passionate about one's beliefs has its drawbacks at times, but I can't settle for simplistic and ill-thought out. I'm sure I make mistakes, reflect bias, etc., but the subject of Trump is very complex, and that is a truth that can't be given short shift. I greatly admire someone like @Gameface, who has a gift I lack: fewer words, succinct, and to the point.

Red

Dude I don’t gaf. Trump is a clown. But some of your long winded posts sound the same way that you are describing babes.

I want to revise my reply to say, one, you are entitled to your opinion, and two, since the ability to see ourselves as others see us is seldom an innate ability, being exposed to such views should never be summarily rejected, but should instead be seen as an opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of others. Now, that said, I have little choice but to see @babe views as rooted in irrational fears and reasoning. I do not believe the same can be said of myself, but, should it be true to even the slightest degree, recognizing it should be seen as an opportunity for self understanding. So, I disagree, but welcome your opinion, and accept it as how you see things. And I'm sure you're not alone, but I will continue to see Trump as a low point in the history of my country.

Eenie-Meenie

I don't know Zombie...one the the democratic presidential hopefuls in the last debate said it is too late we need to move to high ground now. Why do all the geniuses get to run as democrats?
STFU, you ignorant fool. No one has said this. But some scientists have said we have already reached a turning point to control climate change. Big difference from your misinformed comment.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
If anything, I'm overly rational
Come on. You started posting on this forum when your guy played 15 games with the Jazz. You’ve hung around for 4+ years just to fret about Trump. I like your contributions to the forum, but you have to acknowledge that it isn’t rational, regardless of how much you view him as an existential threat.

Red

So, a group of scientists have concluded the recent European heat wave was made worse by human caused warming. Some, like myself, trust(I am not a climate scientist; I can only try my hardest to understand the reasoning offered to support the conclusions). Others apparently believe in a broad based conspiracy, in which hundreds of scientists, world wide, are engaged in a political effort to control mankind. Well, again, there is not much I can do to reason with people who believe is such ponderous conspiracies involving so many credentialed researchers acting in concert to fool the human race.

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...4uzwCjCF3bsCMIrOrwM?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en