Global Climate Status Report

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
That wasn’t quite my point, though. When we’re discussing babe’s irrationality, it helps to have some level of self-reflection on our own thoughts and behaviors.

I think you are a wizard, infection, and extremely funny, but either you are ill-informed or purposely being disingenuous in comparing babe to Red.

reignman40

And in this whole thread, not a single good reason we shouldn’t dramatically improve sustainable practices and reduce pollution.

Honestly, I probably recycle more things than anyone I know and have always hated littering and people who do. Hell i'm even half hick at times! I have a set of antlers on the wall behind me as I type. Not the person you would expect to actually think about the environment. We own a Camry hybrid. Awesome car, lots of power, you would think its a V6 gas engine. I also love the idea it uses less gas and emissions at the end of the day. Point is we are already the most environmentally conscious country in the world IMO of course. We don't dump our trash in the ocean, we have regulations, ect. I just don't believe we are the main cause of climate change and that it is changing as fast as they want us to believe..

NUMBERICA

...Point is we are already the most environmentally conscious country in the world IMO of course.
Not even close.

I appreciate your recycling and whatever, but you are demonstrating a staggering amount of ignorance on this topic right now.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
What part? That I don't think climate change is 100% caused by man?

That isnt what you said in the post he quoted.
I will help you rememeber what you wrote.
You wrote: I just don't believe we are the main cause of climate change and that it is changing as fast as they want us to believe.

(I don't disagree with you about America being the main cause btw and you could be right that it's happening slower than some believe)

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:

Red

So, Red, may I ask you(and others) not to dump a lot of political oriented "news" on this thread. Just actual reports on climate change.

Again, @Red , the fact is there is political bias in current reports generally, and Nature is part of the crime. Even forty years ago, I could see the bias in Nature. Our whole society, across the entire Progressive era, has been biased in support of the movement.

Comment #226 was almost entirely articles focused on the findings of climate science. As well, Nature is regarded as one of the top peer review scientific journals in existence. The article I linked to involved a recent study by climate scientists. I can refrain from posting to your threads, but you should not expect me to agree to your standard of what actually constitutes a scientific study.

You're basically asking people to not post anything that disagrees with your predictions of what changes are in store for the Earth's climate in the future. If you did not want other opinions, you could have so stated as much at the onset. You felt free to post these same predictions in the older thread I started at the time of the UN Climate Report. I did not tell you, or anyone else, at that time, to not post anything that questioned that UN report.

Red

Just look at your hands, @Red, and whole bunch of the progressives pushers. You are playing the Rockefeller tune. You are the foot soldiers to restrict competition, reduce supplies, and make the Rockefeller holdings multiply in market value. You are working for the great Honcho Cartel.

When we’re discussing babe’s irrationality, it helps to have some level of self-reflection on our own thoughts and behaviors.

When I pointed out irrationality in babe's posts, I had in mind statements such as the quote above. The content strikes me as irrational at times. For example, his recent statements embracing the notion that we did not land on the moon(a belief he is entitled to, of course), from a different thread, was telling to me. This because I know one cannot confuse moon rocks with earth rocks. Therefore, to believe we did not land on the moon is to believe one of two things: planatary geologists(geologists who study samples from solar system bodies other then the Earth)the world over were in on NASA's attempts to fake lunar geology, or two, planatary geologists the world over we're unable to notice that the lunar rock samples lent to them for research, by NASA, were in fact earth rocks, and not lunar rocks. Ignoring these facts, while concluding we did not land men on the moon, is an irrational argument. This is the type of irrational argumentation I had in mind.

Admittedly, in his quote above, I have never understood the basis for his belief in this apparent global conspiracy he is describing, and in which he identifies me as a "foot soldier"!!

The behavior of mine, that you are apparently referencing, is not laden with that type of irrational arguments. What you are referring to is a single mindedness on my part for pointing out the historical importance of Trumpism, the dangers involved in electing demagogues, etc. I recognized the man as, basically, "a clear and present danger" to our democracy and society. And I present that perspective frequently. What I do not do is support it with irrational arguments.

Single minded focus is not equivalent to irrationality. That single mindedness may not be healthy at times. We could argue that point, but the fact that I take time to lay out points, the long windedness on my part, is not itself an irrational behavior.

Last edited:

Red

Your posts are invariably informative, Red. You’re a fixture here now, not an outsider at all. The forum wouldn’t be the same without you.

I thank you, @Jonah. Coming as it does from yourself, one of the most thoughtful posters here, IMHO, that means a great deal to me.

reignman40

You think you need a private jet to get information? Weird

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Yet you probably choose to ignore how hypocritical these climate change extremist are. Flying into climate change summits, taking massive yaughts. I'm sure there isn't an once of meat or seafood being served on those yaughts either...

Same thing with the Paris Accord, it's just a circle jerk off of eleitist telling other people how to live. While they increase their carbon footprint..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Yet you probably choose to ignore how hypocritical these climate change extremist are. Flying into climate change summits, taking massive yaughts. I'm sure there isn't an once of meat or seafood being served on those yaughts either...

Same thing with the Paris Accord, it's just a circle jerk off of eleitist telling other people how to live. While they increase their carbon footprint..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app
Ok

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

babe

Comment #226 was almost entirely articles focused on the findings of climate science. As well, Nature is regarded as one of the top peer review scientific journals in existence. The article I linked to involved a recent study by climate scientists. I can refrain from posting to your threads, but you should not expect me to agree to your standard of what actually constitutes a scientific study.

You're basically asking people to not post anything that disagrees with your predictions of what changes are in store for the Earth's climate in the future. If you did not want other opinions, you could have so stated as much at the onset. You felt free to post these same predictions in the older thread I started at the time of the UN Climate Report. I did not tell you, or anyone else, at that time, to not post anything that questioned that UN report.

NO........

At least I don't think so.

OK, so what is the point of almost all the material being run out about Global Warming, or Climate Crisis????? The justification of spedific political change, and economic change.... deemed essential to deal with problems of climate change or sea level change.

I think we know we have different directions in mind in studying the material available, or the data available.

I would run it all out as a clarion call for individual choice in our personal lives, based on objective information hopefully developed through impartial scientific studies.

The choice I would indicate would still be a turn..... individually or in business development plans..... away from dependence upon or heavy use of fossil fuels. But I would want to see studies done on other potentially concerning sources of climate change. Stuff like our own Earth's internal nuclear heat generation, or the stuff we encounter from Space in our motion through it...... Just need actual data on these things...... and changes in our rotation/inclination with respect to the Sun...... and Solar cycles...... Balanced serious study on every imaginable factor.....

So, although I'm down for political BS as much as anyone..... I would like to get people actually thinking about all these things, and encouraging more research.