What's new

Global Climate Status Report

I don't know Zombie...one the the democratic presidential hopefuls in the last debate said it is too late we need to move to high ground now. Why do all the geniuses get to run as democrats?
STFU, you ignorant fool. No one has said this. But some scientists have said we have already reached a turning point to control climate change. Big difference from your misinformed comment.

If anything, I'm overly rational
Come on. You started posting on this forum when your guy played 15 games with the Jazz. You’ve hung around for 4+ years just to fret about Trump. I like your contributions to the forum, but you have to acknowledge that it isn’t rational, regardless of how much you view him as an existential threat.

So, a group of scientists have concluded the recent European heat wave was made worse by human caused warming. Some, like myself, trust(I am not a climate scientist; I can only try my hardest to understand the reasoning offered to support the conclusions). Others apparently believe in a broad based conspiracy, in which hundreds of scientists, world wide, are engaged in a political effort to control mankind. Well, again, there is not much I can do to reason with people who believe is such ponderous conspiracies involving so many credentialed researchers acting in concert to fool the human race.

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...4uzwCjCF3bsCMIrOrwM?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

So, a group of scientists have concluded the recent European heat wave was made worse by human caused warming. Some, like myself, trust(I am not a climate scientist; I can only try my hardest to understand the reasoning offered to support the conclusions). Others apparently believe in a broad based conspiracy, in which hundreds of scientists, world wide, are engaged in a political effort to control mankind. Well, again, there is not much I can do to reason with people who believe is such ponderous conspiracies involving so many credentialed researchers acting in concert to fool the human race.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEJig5dMkOyXdgyrh7MIiHPQqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4uzwCjCF3bsCMIrOrwM?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
I can see why you have a hard time believing that, as it’s such a polarized caricature to have any really meaning. In essence, details and arguments are easier to overlook when one views so dichotomously.

Come on. You started posting on this forum when your guy played 15 games with the Jazz. You’ve hung around for 4+ years just to fret about Trump. I like your contributions to the forum, but you have to acknowledge that it isn’t rational, regardless of how much you view him as an existential threat.

No, I didn't hang around simply to fret about Trump. I liked the quality of the posts, and thoughtfulness of the posters, in the general category of the forum. Once involved, I stayed involved. Not entirely Trump threads, but, yes, mostly. And it's not like I am not a fan of the Jazz. But I live in RI. I had the opportunity to attend two Jazz games in Boston, last season, and the season before, and I did so, thanks to a friend with season Celtic's seats. And I very seldom have posted in game threads, etc., because, frankly, I am no where near as versed in understanding the professional game as most other fans here clearly are.

I would not say my sticking around was irrational. But it certainly was something I never anticipated happening. That this should turn out to be my principle site for voicing political commentary is unusual, and I never planned any such thing. I'm highly opinionated, though, so I jumped in. Before I knew it, it had become one of my go-to forums. But it's not irrational, it just happened. Admittedly, I think I will always feel like more of an outsider here. I do feel that, and acutely at times. But, I enjoy many of the posters, so my involvement continued.

Lol, once again last night, my wife said "who the hell are you writing to all the time?" I feel for her, she lives with me, lol...

Well, I will add this. There is surely a lot to be said for me not posting to this forum. For my sake. Other's sake. The sake of bandwidth, lol. And it would be very arrogant of me to think I can add anything worthwhile, so I won't make that assumption. I have tried, but largely failed, I'm sure. I could try something different, like get a life. Haha...

No, I didn't hang around simply to fret about Trump. I liked the quality of the posts, and thoughtfulness of the posters, in the general category of the forum. Once involved, I stayed involved. Not entirely Trump threads, but, yes, mostly. And it's not like I am not a fan of the Jazz. But I live in RI. I had the opportunity to attend two Jazz games in Boston, last season, and the season before, and I did so, thanks to a friend with season Celtic's seats. And I very seldom have posted in game threads, etc., because, frankly, I am no where near as versed in understanding the professional game as most other fans here clearly are.

I would not say my sticking around was irrational. But it certainly was something I never anticipated happening. That this should turn out to be my principle site for voicing political commentary is unusual, and I never planned any such thing. I'm highly opinionated, though, so I jumped in. Before I knew it, it had become one of my go-to forums. But it's not irrational, it just happened. Admittedly, I think I will always feel like more of an outsider here. I do feel that, and acutely at times. But, I enjoy many of the posters, so my involvement continued.

Lol, once again last night, my wife said "who the hell are you writing to all the time?" I feel for her, she lives with me, lol...
Your posts are invariably informative, Red. You’re a fixture here now, not an outsider at all. The forum wouldn’t be the same without you.

I don't think his posting here is any more or less rational than any of the rest of us. Obviously politics and current events is something he has an interest in, and even though we have our fair share of trolls I think the dialogue here is pretty dang good most days.

I don't think his posting here is any more or less rational than any of the rest of us. Obviously politics and current events is something he has an interest in, and even though we have our fair share of trolls I think the dialogue here is pretty dang good most days.
That wasn’t quite my point, though. When we’re discussing babe’s irrationality, it helps to have some level of self-reflection on our own thoughts and behaviors.

That wasn’t quite my point, though. When we’re discussing babe’s irrationality, it helps to have some level of self-reflection on our own thoughts and behaviors.

Babe is an exception. An outlier. He is unrivalved and there is no comparison

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Your post showed such a deep, pervasive ignorance of the reality that a mere dismissal was actually more response than it warranted.

If only I had a private (co2 spewing) jet to fly to one of these climate change summits, making that 115 jets total.. maybe I would be more informed.

Fret about Trump? C'mon man, that's not true and you know it. Red makes great, logical contributions. Fully rational. Unless you can find one that isn't you should probably apologize or at least admit you're full of ****.

I think you are a wizard, infection, and extremely funny, but either you are ill-informed or purposely being disingenuous in comparing babe to Red.

And in this whole thread, not a single good reason we shouldn’t dramatically improve sustainable practices and reduce pollution.

Honestly, I probably recycle more things than anyone I know and have always hated littering and people who do. Hell i'm even half hick at times! I have a set of antlers on the wall behind me as I type. Not the person you would expect to actually think about the environment. We own a Camry hybrid. Awesome car, lots of power, you would think its a V6 gas engine. I also love the idea it uses less gas and emissions at the end of the day. Point is we are already the most environmentally conscious country in the world IMO of course. We don't dump our trash in the ocean, we have regulations, ect. I just don't believe we are the main cause of climate change and that it is changing as fast as they want us to believe..

...Point is we are already the most environmentally conscious country in the world IMO of course.
Not even close.

I appreciate your recycling and whatever, but you are demonstrating a staggering amount of ignorance on this topic right now.