What's new

Golf

I used to love playing golf growing up. I used to be a monster off the tee, but never could figure out the short game. I have many 360+ drives and have driven or over-shot many par 4's in my day.

Now a days? I hate golf. I don't have the patience or time to get better, so it just becomes a frustrating couple of hours. I went once or twice last year against my better judgement, and I am not planning on ever playing again. I truly do loath it.

Buuuuuull Shiiiiiiz.

I love golf. Favorite sport to play. Im a 1 handicap and my goal is to be scratch by the end of this Summer.

Anybody watching The Masters? My favorite sports event of the year.

Dude, you've seen me. I'm 6'3" and used to walk around at 250lbs. I swing over 125 MPH. I've overshot par 4's at Parkway, and Old Mill and I was banned from using my driver at Mick Riley because 8 out of 10 would clear their fence and end up on the course. I've maybe swung my driver 10x in the last 12 months and I'm positive I could out-drive anyone here. I've been in two long drive contests, but never placed because I couldn't hit the bastage straight.

Golf sucks, btw.

I would like to purchase a ticket to watch Trout try and drive it 360 + for $1,000 please.

Ive known probably 2 people that could drive the ball that far, so if you can, I'm truly impressed.

Played my first round of the season at Hidden Valley yesterday. It was brutal. Probably the worst I have played in 5 years.

Whatever happened to this?

How much you wanna bet Trout can hit the golf ball over one of them mountains?

posted from my htc one using tapaBONGO

Played the mountain course at Wasatch State Park today. Great course and its really not that far from SLC...nice place to escape the summer heat a bit. I just started playing golf again this year after playing maybe 5 rounds in the past 10 years or so. It's been frustrating but a lot of fun.

Because I enjoyed going out to do it PLUS i have a bit of a handle on pocket technology that I certainly did not have when this thread was last posted in, I am bumping a nearly 8 year old thread with a gif of my swing.

Attachments

• ezgif-2-3d587b494164number3.gif
    ezgif-2-3d587b494164number3.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
Because I enjoyed going out to do it PLUS i have a bit of a handle on pocket technology that I certainly did not have when this thread was last posted in, I am bumping a nearly 8 year old thread with a gif of my swing.
Looks like you’re coming full parallel in your backswing, good rhythm through, very smooth...just keep that going for $100 a hole...

First time I've ever really filmed my own swing. Didn't like the beginning of my backswing. Going to be working on that. I'm surprised I get parallel. Didn't feel like I did.

Wanted to do a side film, but didn't want to film the other golfers at the range. Was busier than I expected.

A little Jim Furyk in it but thats not a bad thing.

Unless you’re Jim Furyk it’s actually a very bad thing for a golf swing !

Not really, I think Leadbetter taught it, called it the A Swing or something like that. Bringing it up higher kind of forces you to shallow it out on the downswing.

Not really, I think Leadbetter taught it, called it the A Swing or something like that. Bringing it up higher kind of forces you to shallow it out on the downswing.

And David Leadbetter has been responsible for ruining some really good golfers. Takes amazing hand eye coordination to Exocet from that upward hitch.

You’re talking about a two plane swing where the clubs plane goes a little steeper than the shoulder turn on the backswing. The Furyk hitch is in another category entirely

Leadbetter...didn't he win back to back to back AAU national championships?

Anyway, I like the random commentaries on my swing. Comparing to Furyk was unexpected. I AM aware of the peculiarities of my swing. In fact, now it's story time.

Got into golf around 13 years old or so. I suppose Nick Price was the first golfer I could point out and watch and root for on TV. Of course, starting out as the standard duffer upgrading into serial slicer in college, I made the best decision of my golfing life, and took a golf course. Learned about rotational forces put on a golf ball that causes it to drift sideways. Concept made sense to me. The issue was my backswing back then was the "best" part of my swing insofar as it being repeatable and smooth. A lot of beginner golfers force the backswing really hard, making it unrepeatable. Downside is what you see, sprayed out elbow forcing club at top of backswing not to face target.

So instead of changing backswing, I adjust elbow as part of downswing. Reconstructed my downswing to be on plane or inside plane on impact, giving me a draw. Thus, in my mid 20s, when I worked a job where I had most Tuesdays off, I went golfing most weeks and could knock out 18 holes in 3 hours. Gave me the consistency to hit 240 3 wood draws on most holes and not be an incompetent putter, just bad, lining me up to break 80 a few times. Broke par once on 9 holes, though that barely counted given the 400 year par 5s.

Haven't played much the last few years, so it's nice to get out and not duff any shots, only do higher level mistakes like double crosses and the like.

And that's my story.

so far.