What's new

Goodbye Favors

freedal.png

Submission acceptance re-opened. And then immediately closed.

Spelling to circumvent the filter has been against the rules for literally the entire existence of the board.

We all like dalamon but he knows the rule. He'd received two infractions in the past for violating the same rule.
I got a violation for the same thing.

Rules are rules, but there is so much crass talk in here it seems almost silly to enforce this one and let so many others slide. We can use "WTF", for example, but an infraction would be issued if we used the actual words, but substituted a couple of *'s instead of two letters.

On the other hand, he had received a couple of infractions for the same thing in the past, so it's not like he couldn't have seen it coming. Perhaps he just wants to see if anyone will object to his ban. Yes, we all love you, dally me bananas. We'll be counting the days until your return.

Rules are rules, but there is so much crass talk in here it seems almost silly to enforce this one and let so many others slide. We can use "WTF", for example, but an infraction would be issued if we used the actual words, but substituted a couple of *'s instead of two letters.

On the other hand, he had received a couple of infractions for the same thing in the past, so it's not like he couldn't have seen it coming. Perhaps he just wants to see if anyone will object to his ban. Yes, we all love you, dally me bananas. We'll be counting the days until your return.

I've just found through trial and error where the lines are drawn. You either have to institute a hardfast rule (no wtf's at all, i.e.) or there's going to naturally be some ambiguity .. can't think of every possible scenario.

/modbuttkissing

I'll take your suggestion to ban WTF to Jason. :p

When I say LOL I invariably mean something filthy about lesbians, but it slips thru every ****ing time mother****ing ****s! Yizzeah.

It isn't one preseason game it was all last season, and now this season, Corbin is scared to take a chance and see a younger player develop...starting 5 will be mo williams, foye, marvin, millsap, and jefferson because corbin is SCARED! No balls!

I would be rathered surprised if Corbin had Foye start over Hayward.

And I don't think it has anything to do with him being scared, just how he learned to coach. Sloan hardly ever played the young guys and that is the model Corbin is using. Is it wrong? Definitely. And the other problem is that we have Jefferson and Millsap that are starter quality too. I do think Favors should be starting. A lineup of Favors and Jefferson would address a lot of the issues we had last year. It annoys me that Millsap can't check his ego long enough to look long term and what is best for the team (and in all honesty, his numbers would be better coming off the bench). But Favors needs to check his ego too. He is too young of a player (with a lot of talent and potential) to feel like he HAS to start. He deserves minutes - and time on the floor will determine if he should start. No player automatically deserves to start. You have to look at the dynamic of the team and understand that things will change once you prove yourself and frankly, once the frontcourt situation gets resolved whether via trade or in the off season. If Favors is the type of guy that leaves the team because he did not get to start his first 2 1/2 seasons with the team, then I don't really know if I would want him on the team anyways.

I'll take your suggestion to ban WTF to Jason. :p
"WTF" was only an example. I'm saying we're missing the forest for the trees here. You can't put in a few asterisks like dalamon (or Naos), but you can write about - fairly explicitly at times - certain sexual practices with terms that have been pulled from the Urban Dictionary. Circumventing the profanity filter seems mild compared to that...bullpucky. There, I said it!