What's new

Hayward is gone

Money and teammates and winning have nothing to do with the equation....? Make an actual argument besides "I have a feeling" or "I think he'll just want a change..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine. It's his hair. He needs to step up to a big-city stylist.

From Hayward's perspective, why would he value his years at Butler with Brad Stevens more than his year here with Quinn?

Isn't College ball a distant memory now for him?

From Hayward's perspective, why would he value his years at Butler with Brad Stevens more than his year here with Quinn?

Because he was one shot from winning a National Championship with Stevens. Stevens is also the person who discovered him. If it wasn't for Stevens, Hayward may have gone to Purdue for a tennis scholarship.

You know that feeling when you come across after all these years and have a chance to try and make it work with your college girlfriend? Dead sure Hayward does not feel like that for BS.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

You know that feeling when you come across after all these years and have a chance to try and make it work with your college girlfriend? Dead sure Hayward does not feel like that for BS.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Can't really relate cos my college GF has since put on about 30 lbs and is going steady with this Slovakian dude.

So.. nah, there's no way I'm ever getting back with her.

The last meaningful games he played were at Butler. No offense to our Jazz, but he hasn't competed for anything here outside of 8th place in the West. If he goes to Boston, he is guaranteed 2nd or 3rd round play.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

If he wants a championship, he would be departing the superior talent pool by leaving the Jazz. 2nd & 3rd round play because of conference does not equate to what he is after.

His chemistry with players like Gobert and Hill, and a coach like Snyder, are the type of basketball cultural elements that feed into championships. It is Spurs-like from the GM down to the role players (like Ingles).

Boston is doing well for itself, and they have a good talent pool. They have the right kind of coach in Stevens. But they do not have a Gobert-level star to anchor their defense for the next ten years, nor do they have a two-way PG like Hill. Lyles and Hood also represent the fact that the Celtics' pool of talent in general is still a cut or two below that of the Jazz.

Can't really relate cos my college GF has since put on about 30 lbs and is going steady with this Slovakian dude.

So.. nah, there's no way I'm ever getting back with her.

but you've put on like 20 lbs, right? Sounds like you guys could have fun with that extra cushion.

The last meaningful games he played were at Butler. No offense to our Jazz, but he hasn't competed for anything here outside of 8th place in the West. If he goes to Boston, he is guaranteed 2nd or 3rd round play.
Actually you're wrong. Hayward's rookie season, the Jazz went to the playoffs and he played major minutes (30 mpg). Unfortunately, he was like a deer in headlights vs. the Spurs (still is to this day actually) and played like garbage.

Actually you're wrong. Hayward's rookie season, the Jazz went to the playoffs and he played major minutes (30 mpg). Unfortunately, he was like a deer in headlights vs. the Spurs (still is to this day actually) and played like garbage.
So the guy goes from being in back to back national title games to playing in one playoff series in 7-8 years. And he hasn't won a playoff game because we got swept in that series you brought up.

How many winning seasons has he had? How much success has he had as a top option with our Jazz?

My point stands - the last time he played for anything was under his college coach Stephens.

So the guy goes from being in back to back national title games to playing in one playoff series in 7-8 years. And he hasn't won a playoff game because we got swept in that series you brought up.

How many winning seasons has he had? How much success has he had as a top option with our Jazz?

My point stands - the last time he played for anything was under his college coach Stephens.

as much as the team hasn't been good enough, he hasn't either until the last couple of years.

as much as the team hasn't been good enough, he hasn't either until the last couple of years.
Yes. True. My point is simple - why does he consider Boston?:

- the last time he fought in meaningful games, he played under Stephens.
- the East is easier so he would win a playoff series every year of added to that roster.
- I don't think he's all about money. It helps, but don't think that's his only motivation.

Yes. True. My point is simple - why does he consider Boston?:

- the last time he fought in meaningful games, he played under Stephens.
- the East is easier so he would win a playoff series every year of added to that roster.
- I don't think he's all about money. It helps, but don't think that's his only motivation.

That is all assuming we dont make the playoffs this year? What happens to your theory when we make the playoffs (we 100% will) and win at least the first round?

That is all assuming we dont make the playoffs this year? What happens to your theory when we make the playoffs (we 100% will) and win at least the first round?
I feel like that is the minimum to keep Hayward. If we have another disappointing end to the year and he doesn't even win a playoff series, why stay? For promise? For potential?

He's ready to win. He's ready to progress.