What's new

Hayward is gone

Isaiah is very good. He's an offensive talent that is best built for a playoff game. [/URL]

Isaiah is LAST in the NBA (437/437) in defensive RPM. He is at -4.04. There are only 40 players below -2. Trey Burke is at -2.89.

This nets out to 15th in overall RPM, which would make him an average starting PG. I'll take Hill at #5 any day (among PGs, 12th in ORPM and 3rd on DRPM) -- solid on both ends of the floor.

Opponents are going to exploit this in the playoffs.

I think Hayward would do really well in Houston. He is perfect complimentary player to a superstar like Harden. Plus D'Antoni system seems like fun.

Again, the number of teams that would be able to offer Hayward a big contract and a better chance to win is very limited.

For example, Boston is rated a couple spots higher in offensive efficiency right now, while Utah is rated much higher defensively. Overall rating is in Utah's favor, let alone if Utah had been heathy all year.

This discussion kind of reminds me of all the posters on this board last year complaining about the rebuild and pointing to the Blazers as a team to look to as to how things should be done. Utah was always a better team than Portland, but some people just refuse to take into account the impact of injuries, and continue to underrate their own team.

Anyone assuming Hayward is going to find a better situation and still get a huge contract just doesn't really have a grasp on the situation. Unless you think he is going to take a massive pay cut, there aren't any situations that are obviously better than Utah.

I see frustration with Hayward, and I have seen it his entire career under Snyder. I think he wants to go to a fast-paced system where he thinks he can be better. I really like Hayward, one of my favorite players for the Jazz. It will be a huge blow if we lose him.

I think Utah is probably Hayward's best option to win. But sometimes a person doesn't know what they have until it is gone.

Again, the number of teams that would be able to offer Hayward a big contract and a better chance to win is very limited.

For example, Boston is rated a couple spots higher in offensive efficiency right now, while Utah is rated much higher defensively. Overall rating is in Utah's favor, let alone if Utah had been heathy all year.

This discussion kind of reminds me of all the posters on this board last year complaining about the rebuild and pointing to the Blazers as a team to look to as to how things should be done. Utah was always a better team than Portland, but some people just refuse to take into account the impact of injuries, and continue to underrate their own team.

Anyone assuming Hayward is going to find a better situation and still get a huge contract just doesn't really have a grasp on the situation. Unless you think he is going to take a massive pay cut, there aren't any situations that are obviously better than Utah.

"All the posters"? Crappy Smurf makin **** up again.

Reading his blog makes me think he didn't write it.

I don't think he has the time, really. That's a whole day's work right there. I bet it's done by someone who actually listens to him a lot, say, when he's in town.

Still it's very upbeat and shows a team spirit. Whenever, where-ever he goes, he's a winner.

cheer harder, maybe he'll really like it here.

Because it doesn't fit your agenda ?

Hayward doesn't want to leave Utah, deal with it.

I don't have an agenda - I just don't think he wrote it.

I'm not sure if Hayward is leaving or not - to be honest I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it. Plenty of ball to play first.

Reading his blog makes me think he didn't write it.

Here's the thing about ghostwriters. At the end of the day, they're writers. Sure, they're probably bitter and jaded because they're spending their evenings working on the 'next great postmodern novel' that will never see the light of publication, but still - they're writers.

And as a former English teacher, let me tell you, this blog's authorship is one of the following:

A) An 80 year old Mormon housewife who enjoys sitting at home and knitting while penning Hayward's blog on a napkin in a trembling hand, then waiting anxiously for her grandchildren to come over and, "put it up on the interwebs."
B) An 8th grade middle school student (who may or may not be Hotnickkkkk/ONE LOVE) in the Extended Learning Program who just wrote an essay that his teacher gave him an A++ on and he can't wait to get an A++ from Hayward on his latest blog entry.

Or, just possibly:

C) The oft-reported financial scrooge Gordon Hayward hires a ghostwriter from among his 'entourage' who, despite being a nice guy (albeit kinda a mooch) is also an idiot with an extremely limited vocabulary.

But, more likely:

D) A professional athlete, the kind who may have reached a moderate level in high school English, but didn't continue strengthening his writing skills with college level courses. You know, a professional basketball player like Gordon Hayward.

The writing sucks. The word choice is poor. The sentences are often fragmented and lack any style, voice, or tone. The structure is present but at a middle school/Freshman level at best. It conveys the information but does little else. It's really terrible.

I doubt it's ghost written. If it is, Hayward's choice in ghostwriters is far, far worse than his taste in women. Unless the ghostwriter is Robin, in which case... I see you Hayward. Carry on, man. Carry on.

(Save this post now for the post of the year nominations. I know.)

Here's the thing about ghostwriters. At the end of the day, they're writers. Sure, they're probably bitter and jaded because they're spending their evenings working on the 'next great postmodern novel' that will never see the light of publication, but still - they're writers.

And as a former English teacher, let me tell you, this blog's authorship is one of the following:

A) An 80 year old Mormon housewife who enjoys sitting at home and knitting while penning Hayward's blog on a napkin in a trembling hand, then waiting anxiously for her grandchildren to come over and, "put it up on the interwebs."
B) An 8th grade middle school student (who may or may not be Hotnickkkkk/ONE LOVE) in the Extended Learning Program who just wrote an essay that his teacher gave him an A++ on and he can't wait to get an A++ from Hayward on his latest blog entry.

Or, just possibly:

C) The oft-reported financial scrooge Gordon Hayward hires a ghostwriter from among his 'entourage' who, despite being a nice guy (albeit kinda a mooch) is also an idiot with an extremely limited vocabulary.

But, more likely:

D) A professional athlete, the kind who may have reached a moderate level in high school English, but didn't continue strengthening his writing skills with college level courses. You know, a professional basketball player like Gordon Hayward.

The writing sucks. The word choice is poor. The sentences are often fragmented and lack any style, voice, or tone. The structure is present but at a middle school/Freshman level at best. It conveys the information but does little else. It's really terrible.

I doubt it's ghost written. If it is, Hayward's choice in ghostwriters is far, far worse than his taste in women. Unless the ghostwriter is Robin, in which case... I see you Hayward. Carry on, man. Carry on.

Even better if it is robin I reckon.

Or, just possibly:

But, more likely:

I loved reading this. Well done

Or, just possibly:

But, more likely:

Actually if I had to guess it was probably written by his agent's assistant or some low level Jazz employee or someone like that. I doubt Hayward would go through the trouble of hiring a professional ghostwriter to write his blog - but anyway thanks for whatever that was.

didn't he just like buy a new house here? And he stayed here over the summer for the first time, having their kid here? and he can make like 30M$ more by staying here? no brainer if you factor in that this is also literally the perfect spot for his success

Because it doesn't fit your agenda ?

Hayward doesn't want to leave Utah, deal with it.
Not that I think Hayward is going to leave.....But Urban Meyer said everything to make people think he was staying, right up until the moment he left. Words are worthless, he has to say this. I think he'll stay, but anything I read one way or the other I'll take as grain of salt in the ocean.