What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

Trading assets and using all the cap for Conley is a mistake. He's better that Rubio, so are 30 other point guards. I'd rather sign Beverly and another mid range free agent.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trading assets and using all the cap for Conley is a mistake. He's better that Rubio, so are 30 other point guards. I'd rather sign Beverly and another mid range free agent.

But we won’t sign Beverley and another mid-range free agent because we’ll overvalue Favors and DedEx, so if the FO found someone they’d value over Favors and DedEx, it’s time to pull the trigger.

Why? Conley was a top 25 player last year...he would make us significantly better. Adding Beverly and another 3rd tier free agent isn't going to move the needle at all.

Free agents are so unlikely to sign here that’s way too big a risk to take and probably end up with nothing
Sure but I honestly would be ok with ending up with nothing if the front office were to let us know that they tried to get this guy and that guy etc.

We always say swing for the fences. If they do that and miss but I know that they did in fact swing for the fences, then I can live with that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm just not sure Conley moves the needle. With zero cap space left are we anything more than a second round exit? This could be said for D-Lo and Harris as well so it just seems were stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

Why? Conley was a top 25 player last year...he would make us significantly better. Adding Beverly and another 3rd tier free agent isn't going to move the needle at all.
He's definitely not top 25. He's also 32 years old, so he'll be declining on a fat contract. If he was in his 20s I'd be cool with it. His age and salary are huge negating value.

To me, it’s kinda like saying, “don’t commit to that really fun, really cute girl at the bar, because you might have a chance with a hooker.”
What?
No it's like saying don't commit to that really fun really cute girl at the bar because you might have a shot at Jessica Alba/Ariana grande/Adriana Lima etc.

Conley is the really cute really fun girl. Harris, brogdon, etc are the super models, not hookers

What?
No it's like saying don't commit to that really fun really cute girl at the bar because you might have a shot at Jessica Alba/Ariana grande/Adriana Lima etc.

Conley is the really cute really fun girl. Harris, brogdon, etc are the super models, not hookers

DLo was the hooker.

These people saying no to trading for Conley and they'd rather sign x, y or z are the same people that will crush DL for not being aggressive enough when none of these Free Agents sign here...
i'd rather see DL signing some MLE role players than getting Conley, at least we can trade those guys if we find them to be mistakes. Once we get Conley we are done. we are stuck

Yahoo accidentally posted a premade article about Conley getting traded to the Jazzsuns

D2SYagv.png

TK is normally used in print as an abbreviation of 'To Come' as placeholder articles like this are always written as drafts and in the backpockets of editors. Makes it easier to launch breaking news faster.