What's new

Jazz @ Nets Nov. 5th 5:30 MT: Brandon Rush Might Play

Hayward just emphasized what our offense is all about.

He grabs the inbounds pass. Dribbles it up the court. And chucks an ill-advised 3 that airballs. No one else touched the ball. 15+ remained on the shot clock.

I've seen ward basketball teams with more of an offensive structure. Yet, our coach hasn't a clue.
2-for-1 in case you weren't paying attention (as with all the off-ball action and pick and rolls you don't seem to see the Jazz running with their complete lack of offensive talent).

Was a bad shot but he shot it cause he was trying for a 2 for 1 opportunity.

Brooklyn is in the middle of a run. We are in a drought. Execute and score. Don't chuck up 2 bad shots for 1

Besides, that has been our offense all year long. Chuck chuck chuck and never pass, cut, or execute.

Kanter needs to get back his strenght. Hayward and Burks should stop chucking, Tinsley should create some streetball moves and BIG-AL needs moar shots....

If we think Wiggins is the cure all then we better expect another few years of this.

Lebron James is literally the only guy who could make this offense work and win.

I can't believe I'm seeing a Jazz offense so stagnant and selfish. What the hell is Sloan doing? Isn't he an advisor? He can't see that Ty Corbin isn't running an offense?

Burke will debut soon right? Let's see what the offense looks like the. We also need someone besides Hayward who can reliably knock down an outside shot.

Watching this team get burned on the exact same play over and over and over again is amazing. Congratulations everyone, you root for the dumbest team in the NBA.

9vlcw8.gif

2-for-1 in case you weren't paying attention (as with all the off-ball action and pick and rolls you don't seem to see the Jazz running with their complete lack of offensive talent).

High pick and roll while 3 guys line out on the perimeter isn't an offense.

I've played ball and coached. Sitting on your *** and playing video games doesn't make you an expert. Nice try guy

2 for 1 is usually a bad idea. Even moreso when you're in the middle of a drought and on the road.

Brooklyn is in the middle of a run. We are in a drought. Execute and score. Don't chuck up 2 bad shots for 1

Besides, that has been our offense all year long. Chuck chuck chuck and never pass, cut, or execute.

I must have watched different game than you.

If we think Wiggins is the cure all then we better expect another few years of this.

Lebron James is literally the only guy who could make this offense work and win.

I can't believe I'm seeing a Jazz offense so stagnant and selfish. What the hell is Sloan doing? Isn't he an advisor? He can't see that Ty Corbin isn't running an offense?

Do you and norm think that we just get to add one player next year and that's it?

We have 2 first round picks, money to spend in free agency in a really good free agent year, plus neto and burke, and most likely a new coach.

Also burks, hayward (if we keep him), favors, and kanter should all be improved. (Kanter looking really good so far all things considered)

Just chill...... this season is gonna be filled with losses and its part of the plan.

Like I said..... it was a bad shot, but I just thought I would explain the reasoning behind it cause you seemed confused

our perimeter guys suck badly except Hayward and this does not surprise anyone by just looking at names of them. So no need to throw the team under the bus easily. Brookyln team is so much better, experienced than us and they've got lots of players for rotation. For offense you need spacing, outside shooting and an above the average PG handling all situations and we have none of those. Favors' body language, effort and getting dominated just made me surprised. Kanter's gotta be better too on the defensive side. Awareness and positinioning must be his priorities like knowing Lopez is always turning on his left shoulder etc.

This game is rough to watch, but this is what we wanted. It is good to see the limitations the young guys have. I hope favors and kanter can learn good defensive positioning against huge guys like Lopez. He makes the. Look like junior high kids with his size and strength.

High pick and roll while 3 guys line out on the perimeter isn't an offense.

I've played ball and coached. Sitting on your *** and playing video games doesn't make you an expert. Nice try guy

2 for 1 is usually a bad idea. Even moreso when you're in the middle of a drought and on the road.
1. The Jazz got 2 points out of the 2-for-1, which is almost certainly more than they would have gotten out of an average single possession.

2. I never claimed to be an expert. You have, and have failed to explain anything. The Jazz are running sets, and racking up assists at a league average rate. There's plenty of off-ball action, just a complete lack of perimeter talent. What should they be doing/running?

Do you and norm think that we just get to add one player next year and that's it?

We have 2 first round picks, money to spend in free agency in a really good free agent year, plus neto and burke, and most likely a new coach.

Also burks, hayward (if we keep him), favors, and kanter should all be improved. (Kanter looking really good so far all things considered)

Just chill...... this season is gonna be filled with losses and its part of the plan.

Great.

But it matters not as long as Corbin is the coach. That's my point. Everyone talks about our lack of talent. Fine. But our coaching is the worst in the league. And has been for a few years now.

That Hayward drive and floater looked better than he has recently on drives. Hayward is having a good game

I'm more concerned about our players' lack of fundamentals than our offensive sets. Defensively especially, basics like not doubling with the man on the same wing as the post player aren't followed. On rotations, there will be one player who rotates but the team doesn't seem to know who should make the second rotation. It's terrible coaching, pure and simple.

That give and go game with Hayward, Jefferson and favors was pretty. Brooklyn just fills up the paint with their size though.

Great.

But it matters not as long as Corbin is the coach. That's my point. Everyone talks about our lack of talent. Fine. But our coaching is the worst in the league. And has been for a few years now.

Corbins contract is up after this year iirc