What's new

Jazz vs Raptors Game THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Exum in starting unit may work only if we let Donovan to play PG.

Exactly what I would do. Rubio is used to playing with the ball in his hands. He's is sharply regressing. Exum is still raw, but his defense is better than Ricky's already. And, most importantly, I want Mitchell to control the offense more.

I'm close to tank the eff out of this B mode... @infection I need your unwavering confidence... where are you?
I'm not sure it's unwavering confidence as much as being detached from emotion. Last year all signs pointed to us not finishing anywhere near the bottom, so I stuck with that. This year has been frustrated as a lot of what we do good has to do with rhythm, and playing only 5 preseason games, with only two of them against real NBA teams, doesn't give you much time to get into the swing of things before the games count. Having a rough beginning schedule prevents that groove. I think a worst-case scenario is we are middle of the fray. We have a higher ceiling than that, though.

I've come to accept that the FO is going to do what they do and to not get too involved emotionally regarding that. I think we kept the team together to try to re-experience that magic and sold the hashtag of team is everything... except we cut Jonas, an end of bench guy who kind of epitomized the type of attitude that represented that team. I guess it's only fitting that he hits the basket that ushers in the era of the Bear curse. I see the same struggles that I wanted to give up on last year (the offensive issues with Favors and Ricky), but have resigned myself to just liking these guys personally and leave it to the front office if they don't value floor spacers who are there for the taking. Anyway, there's a lot of feel-good-ness that I can't fault, but what we've done is simply kick the can forward on making personnel decisions, and soon we're going to have to make a lot of those decisions that we've been delaying. If we believed all that stuff, we shouldn't have cut Jonas. At least we'd have another W.

I'm not sure it's unwavering confidence as much as being detached from emotion. Last year all signs pointed to us not finishing anywhere near the bottom, so I stuck with that. This year has been frustrated as a lot of what we do good has to do with rhythm, and playing only 5 preseason games, with only two of them against real NBA teams, doesn't give you much time to get into the swing of things before the games count. Having a rough beginning schedule prevents that groove. I think a worst-case scenario is we are middle of the fray. We have a higher ceiling than that, though.

I've come to accept that the FO is going to do what they do and to not get too involved emotionally regarding that. I think we kept the team together to try to re-experience that magic and sold the hashtag of team is everything... except we cut Jonas, an end of bench guy who kind of epitomized the type of attitude that represented that team. I guess it's only fitting that he hits the basket that ushers in the era of the Bear curse. I see the same struggles that I wanted to give up on last year (the offensive issues with Favors and Ricky), but have resigned myself to just liking these guys personally and leave it to the front office if they don't value floor spacers who are there for the taking. Anyway, there's a lot of feel-good-ness that I can't fault, but what we've done is simply kick the can forward on making personnel decisions, and soon we're going to have to make a lot of those decisions that we've been delaying. If we believed all that stuff, we shouldn't have cut Jonas. At least we'd have another W.

Niang doe... guess they could have cut Thabo.

I really like Jonas and it hurts me to see him with the Warriors, but I'm glad he seems happy. That guy plays his *** off.

Niang doe... guess they could have cut Thabo.

I really like Jonas and it hurts me to see him with the Warriors, but I'm glad he seems happy. That guy plays his *** off.
We didn't need to cut Thabo, either. You know, there's actually this guy on the roster whose been occupying a roster spot that, at best, plays 15 minutes a night for us (and yet has never done that).

But it is kinda funny. Bringing back a team for chemistry, but waiving the dude whose (best?) friend is on the team and just bought a house next door to him.

We didn't need to cut Thabo, either. You know, there's actually this guy on the roster whose been occupying a roster spot that, at best, plays 15 minutes a night for us (and yet has never done that).

But it is kinda funny. Bringing back a team for chemistry, but waiving the dude whose (best?) friend is on the team and just bought a house next door to him.

Oh.... that guy.... I've shared my thoughts on that pick... was too early to give up on him. Also, Jonas likely wanted to play... I mean there is another guy we could have let walk in FA and played Jonas some.

Not sure if Bradley has or had any trade value at all but yeah we could have done that too. You'll see someday Tony will be mediocre backup center option... just have to wait a year or two.

He has not shown that he can run half court offense yet. Rubio is in shooting slump but he knows how to run the team at least. Exum in starting unit may work only if we let Donovan to play PG.

Otherwise known as his career.

DrVCICrVAAAmOy1.jpg:large
That is a recipe for mediocrity.

Been staying away from the boards because I am beyond frustrated, even though I knew the schedule would make it tough to win as much.

I am also surprised no one this season (that I have read anyway) has brought up if losing Igor Kokoškov has hurt the team (like people are saying it hurt HOU's defense when they lost their coach) so maybe it hurt the Jazz' offense. Especially Ricky, as he was assigned and working with Rubio all last season to help him with shooting. So just a thought that losing him hurt more than we realize and giving him credit for.

First I think the Jazz came out playing well, however the more they missed the more they became demoralized and besides harder to defend on transition missed shots it effected the team's morale IMO, human nature.

In the first half the Jazz were getting good looks, open looks and missing them, Crowder had been hot so he gets a pass but Rubio and Ingles missed open to wide open look after open look. Too make it worse a lot of TOR made shots were good to decent defense and they kept burying them, if you look the Jazz' defense was better than TOR for the first half. IMO the 3 by Lowery near the end of the 2nd QTR was the beginning of the end and it finished off the slowly eroding the Jazz' confidence and "want to".

2nd half was a complete joke and I'm throwing that away, only thing I was annoyed with is why Rubio got so much time and Exum didn't get more of his minutes, no way Rubio should've gotten over 24min (that's generous IMO but I understand Snyder wants him to play his way out of this slump) also for being such a good passer Rubio still hasn't improved his lob passing this season, he misses around as many as he connects, so frustrating.

Let just give Rubio a rest and do a put up or shut with Dante (like this hasn't been done in practice!)

I believe the Jazz are struggling first because Donovan has been hurt. Secondly, because the changes in the rules allowing more movement has exposed some of the Jazz weaknesses. This new flow has helped Rudy offensively but has made playing defense more difficult for all the players. The league is now a league for guards who can break down people and make 3 pts. The Jazz strength was their team defense and this was help with a slower pace but now the pace has increased it has exposed many of the Jazz players weaknesses. The Jazz have really three players who can take guys off the dribble DM, Burks, Exum and Ricky. However both Ricky and Exum have flawed offensive games. Alex can thrive in this type of play but it also leads him back to so bad habits. Jazz have lost to some solid teams but they need to figure it out. DM needs to get back and Ricky needs to start playing better or more losing is going to happen.

Not by me, Exum makes his fair share of mistakes but for this game but he played better than Rubio or at the very least deserved to get some of Rubio's minutes. Also Favors doesn't deserve the hate he's getting for this game, sure he made a few mistakes but they were aggressive mistakes he was playing good D before and pretty good offense before the whole team collapsed.