What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
Yeah, they probably don't pay the extra money to have any cell service or wifi on their flight... Probably stuck playing games on their phones.

[MENTION=1409]sgjazzfan[/MENTION]

Maybe you're not in business, but this stuff happens through conversations. You NEVER negotiate through text/email.

[MENTION=1409]sgjazzfan[/MENTION]

Maybe you're not in business, but this stuff happens through conversations. You NEVER negotiate through text/email.

So you don't think that they have any access to phones on the flight? I can get wifi calling in coach. I'm sure these highly paid business execs can do the same.

I'm talking about the trade negotiations with us, you worthless dolt.

How about the negotiations with Chicago and Indiana?

I think a lot of Boston fans are questioning Ainge for being too rigid. There was a pretty active fire Ainge thread on their board after he traded away the #1 pick as well.

Only time will tell, but the whole Idea of collecting picks was to trade them in when stars became available. So far he's 0-3 in the last year, and yes, I'm counting cousins. People assumed he never went after cousins, but with the massive choke on Butler and George, good chance he whiffed on cousins.

Right now all the pro Ainge celtic fans are convinced they will be getting the Brow. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Just wish I knew what Ainge was asking of Utah. Does he simply want a protection free pick or is he trying to get a player like Exum/Hood/Mitchell.

What is the point of contention? I would guess it's a protection free pick, but knowing Ainge he might be asking for way too much and trying to get a protected pick and a player.
Please check the eeni meanie peeni post guy

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

Well, Hayward's not making it happen guys. He just has to say "Do a Sign and Trade or I'm not signing". IMO he royally screwed us over 3 times.

1) Lying about the leak. If he tells DL(even in private) right then, we can make other moves. Not 100% convinced we couldn't have gotten Otto Porter. We'll see if they match. But even earlier we could have gotten Gallinari or someone else. We couldn't because we were waiting for Hayward.
2) The Tribune article - he really didn't say thank you. It was more of a "here are a cool few memories of Utah". Didn't even mention Gorbert. Bragged about Boston's winning culture in a Thank You article.
3) Not asking for a sign and trade. Chris Paul did it. You could too. But nope. He really must've been pissed off with us.

At this point he does deserve any backlash he gets.

... Ainge is not about helping others and relationships, he's playing by the ebeneezer scrooge playbook.

I realize nobody here thinks this matters, but even the national media is picking up on it.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-free-agency-winners-and-losers-a6fa84d48fe6

Loser: Ainge Get-togethers

O’Shaughnessy: The saga between Danny Ainge, father and Celtics president, and Tanner Ainge, son and candidate for Congress in Utah, started long before Gordon Hayward agreed to sign with Boston. Throughout free agency, Tanner (not associated with the Jazz in any way other than location) begged Hayward to stay by channeling the grown folks who tweet at college recruits.
Voters could see Dad Ainge as being at fault for their star leaving, and by association, take it out on Son Ainge this election (as a Kentuckian, I know basketball influencing politics wouldn’t be too far a reach). And you think your Thanksgiving conversations are awkward.

He steals away Haywood, and now he's continuing to drag it out with this sign-and-trade drama. His son's campaign is circling the drain while he's trying to extract an extra 2nd round pick in the 2023 draft. The primary is only a month away. He got what he wanted, why not just hurry and get out, while the getting out might still be good? Or maybe blood isn't actually thicker than water... in the Ainge family anyway.

For now, they only need to move one of those players to clear room for Haywood. Crowder is by far the most valuable, due to his contract. This idea that Utah had some kind of leverage here was just wrong.

How many teams can just fit Crowder under the cap without making additional moves?

Well, Hayward's not making it happen guys. He just has to say "Do a Sign and Trade or I'm not signing". IMO he royally screwed us over 3 times.

1) Lying about the leak. If he tells DL(even in private) right then, we can make other moves. Not 100% convinced we couldn't have gotten Otto Porter. We'll see if they match. But even earlier we could have gotten Gallinari or someone else. We couldn't because we were waiting for Hayward.
2) The Tribune article - he really didn't say thank you. It was more of a "here are a cool few memories of Utah". Didn't even mention Gorbert. Bragged about Boston's winning culture in a Thank You article.
3) Not asking for a sign and trade. Chris Paul did it. You could too. But nope. He really must've been pissed off with us.

Come on guys. Think rationally about this...

The Chris Paul deal is great and all but it's a completely different situation. Houston couldn't get close to paying him without shedding a lot of salary. Boston is 300k short. The trade was about Houston clearing cap space not cause Chris Paul made sure his old team wasn't left with nothing.

How many teams can just fit Crowder under the cap without making additional moves?

Haven't bothered to look it up, but there are teams who could do deals here. NY was interested in Smart and could have had the cap room by renouncing Rose. Houston has a bunch of unguaranteed players they are looking to dump. People here have looked around at current cap room, without taking into account some of the other teams that could make room if they needed to.

The point here is that Smart, Bradley and Crowder are all movable players, with Crowder being the most valuable. DA was never going to take pity on us and give us the most valuable of those 3 assets. The only chance we had was to pay an acceptable price to the extent he didn't feel he could do a lot better elsewhere.

Unfortunately, Ainge doesn't operate like that. He squeezes every drop of blood he can get, which is why we probably won't work this out.

Our one last hope is that Ainge irritates everybody else to the point nobody will deal with him. Could happen, I suppose.