Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Game 2, Clippers will double team trap Mitchell to get the ball out of his hands and make someone else beat them, hopefully the Jazz know this and will have a plan so our guys make them pay for that strategy.
They tried to last night but Don beat the first guy so bad before the second guy could get there that it didn't matter.

Trapping here and there can be effective but doubling on the perimeter is dangerous. I expect less Kennard and more Beverly/Mann. Doubling on the perimeter with our shooters might be a death sentence. It got them in trouble last series. They just need to be able to defend DM better one on one and get help at the rim. There is a price for being small too. Doubling Don on the perimeter while being small is likely not the answer.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Rudy could get 20 in that scenario too. Maybe the clippers perimeter defenders have just fallen off a cliff... they should be able to guard guys straight up without bleeding points.
I think whenever Mike comes back, that he should be able to break the pain enough that Gobert should be open for the lob always.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Game 2, Clippers will double team trap Mitchell to get the ball out of his hands and make someone else beat them, hopefully the Jazz know this and will have a plan so our guys make them pay for that strategy.
Good point.
I agree.

Hail Hydra

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Here's some good stuff:

"They were playing desperation ball all night and we didn't match them till late," George said of the Jazz.

This is perfect. This is exactly where I could have hoped this would be. The Clippers overlooking us, thinking we're getting lucky, only letting it sink in that just maybe we're able to beat them when it's too late.

Ellipse

2-minute report is out. They spotted two IC, the first was the foul that sent Rudy to the line for two FTs, they said the block was clean. The 2nd was at 9.6 seconds, when Joe "tripped" Kawhi; they said Kawhi committed an offensive foul against Joe -- the ball should have been given to the Jazz on the TO, although I liked the Rudy block scenario better.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Here's some good stuff:

This is perfect. This is exactly where I could have hoped this would be. The Clippers overlooking us, thinking we're getting lucky, only letting it sink in that just maybe we're able to beat them when it's too late.
He also did some blame the refs **** too... I think he's already starting to crack... I didn't watch game 7 but in game 6 he wanted no part of it when things got tight.