What's new

LeBron to Lakers

Welcome to the show Lebron (about time you stopped hiding in the East).

My Takes:

Family decision, the length of the contract is the same amount of years Lebron Jr has until he finishes High School and most likely will be heading for the draft. He also has faith Magic can build a contender around him.

I think he has realized his legacy is cemented.

Planting roots in LA, I expect Lebron to appear in multiple movies or involved in production over the next 4 yrs.

This move will force the leagues hand and they will have to get rid of conferences in the playoffs and instead run a 1-16 playoff bracket.

Lebron's 8 consecutive finals appearances is over. Which is great because I was sick of him getting credit for finishing runner up, I guess its a reflection of us living in a time of participation trophies.

PG is a sucker.

@elan_prodigy

Welcome to the show Lebron (about time you stopped hiding in the East). How was he hiding? He got drafted in the East, Riley was smart with his money so he recruited LBJ and Bosh to Miami, and then LBJ wanted to bring a title home. He just happened to be in the east. Maybe other stars were hiding in the west....

My Takes:

Family decision, the length of the contract is the same amount of years Lebron Jr has until he finishes High School and most likely will be heading for the draft. He also has faith Magic can build a contender around him. & I think he has realized his legacy is cemented. My favorite part of this deal for LeBron is that it was a family decision. This is the first time in his career when the pressure should not be so immense. He's already proven himself. Now, he's going to go out and have fun and see where it goes.

Planting roots in LA, I expect Lebron to appear in multiple movies or involved in production over the next 4 yrs. Yep. He will own a franchise one day because the money he'll make the next 4+ years on and off the court.

This move will force the leagues hand and they will have to get rid of conferences in the playoffs and instead run a 1-16 playoff bracket. I hope so. It would be so much fun to see some cross conference playoff matchups.

Lebron's 8 consecutive finals appearances is over. Which is great because I was sick of him getting credit for finishing runner up, I guess its a reflection of us living in a time of participation trophies. I'm not so sure about this. Houston is injury prone. Denver, NOLA and Utah are unfinished products. The Warriors could lose a whole lot if they lose Looney and McGee without adequate replacements. If LA gets Kawhi this summer, anything is possible.

PG is a sucker. Took the easy way with more money.

@elan_prodigy

Lebron's 8 consecutive finals appearances is over. Which is great because I was sick of him getting credit for finishing runner up, I guess its a reflection of us living in a time of participation trophies. I'm not so sure about this. Houston is injury prone. Denver, NOLA and Utah are unfinished products. The Warriors could lose a whole lot if they lose Looney and McGee without adequate replacements. If LA gets Kawhi this summer, anything is possible.

PG is a sucker. Took the easy way with more money.

Regardless he'll have a tough 1st round, 2nd round, Semi and WCF matchups. He's really faced any competition in the East until the ECF and that was really only those Indi teams.

Felt like he didnt want to upset Rus.

Regardless he'll have a tough 1st round, 2nd round, Semi and WCF matchups. He's really faced any competition in the East until the ECF and that was really only those Indi teams.

He definitely has a harder path, but if he gets Kawhi, I think they are as good as anybody but the Warriors. And if they face each other, just imagine how hard it will be for Durant to score on Kawhi, Lance and LBJ instead of Jeff Green, George Hill, and LBJ.

I just hope that we can find a way to be playing Houston on one side while LA and GS are battling on the other. Maybe Lance tackles and hurts Curry in Game 7 then we face a Curryless Warriors in the West Finals. Beat them and then battle Gordon Hayward in the Finals.

If I'm San Antonio I call that bluff. Kawhi can intentionally waste two years of his career. I absolutely guarantee that if he doesn't play this year he does not come back the same player after missing two seasons. I'd let him rot on the bench.
I used to love Kawhi but I hate it when players bitch like a kid crying “I wanna win too! They always win! When will I win!” Kawhi even already has a ring and finals MVP for ****’s sake.

It sucks being a jazz fan. We better then the Lakers for a while stinking what 8 years maybe? And all we saw out of it was one wcf finals with Dwill and a bunch of first round exits. Lakers will be a top team next year and also now that LeBron has gone West I would expect talks of reseeding come playoff time will happen and it should be.n let 8 teams from both sides get In but then reseed them. Also maybe the jazz could face some eastern teams since no eastern team can mess with the mighty jazz

It sucks being a jazz fan. We better then the Lakers for a while stinking what 8 years maybe? And all we saw out of it was one wcf finals with Dwill and a bunch of first round exits. Lakers will be a top team next year and also now that LeBron has gone West I would expect talks of reseeding come playoff time will happen and it should be.n let 8 teams from both sides get In but then reseed them. Also maybe the jazz could face some eastern teams since no eastern team can mess with the mighty jazz

Just makes the victories that much sweeter.

If the Lakers land Cousins and Lebron can help motivate and keep his attention on the game that could be a scary combo. Cousins has all the tools to be the best center in the league.

If the Lakers land Cousins and Lebron can help motivate and keep his attention on the game that could be a scary combo. Cousins has all the tools to be the best center in the league.

This is true - and the best part about facing Cousins is that the jazz have Gobert and Favors!

Just out of curiosity - how would everyone have done things differently?

Assuming you’re the Lakers GM, what would you have done differently AFTER getting LeBron James to commit to coming to the Lakers.

Build the team in your own image and assume that the deals signed (outside of Cousins) are the numbers that the Lakers could’ve gotten players for.

Step One - Sign LeBron

Step Two. . .

Ok. Im rethinking Lakers .

Wtf. Seriously.

Rondo?

I think Rondo is good, but dear god, but a weird fit. Lonzo, Rondo, and Lebron fighting over ball duties?

There has to be a lot more stuff in the works.

I dont like just renouncing Randle either. Dude has talent. What a waste of an asset.

Just out of curiosity - how would everyone have done things differently?

Assuming you’re the Lakers GM, what would you have done differently AFTER getting LeBron James to commit to coming to the Lakers.

Build the team in your own image and assume that the deals signed (outside of Cousins) are the numbers that the Lakers could’ve gotten players for.

Step One - Sign LeBron

Step Two. . .

agree..I think LeBron has a certain type of player he likes to have on his team. Passionate....leave it all on the floor..more than just basketball....etc........