What's new

Lockout!!!

...bad news bears comes to town.

You know I like you CJ and don't think you're some sort of awful racist like many others here, but I do have to wonder why you're on the site of an NBA team when you seem to detest the league and most of the players in it.

Hey, I hate NASCAR but wouldn't go to a NASCAR or Jimmie Johnson site.

Where the hell is Cuban in all this? He seems like the one owner who could come up with some creative ideas and help bridge the divide between the big and small market agendas. My dream is there's a behind the scenes compromise the owners have ready, but they want to see if the players will bite down on a bad deal first. But I'm starting to get real antsy.

You know I like you CJ and don't think you're some sort of awful racist like many others here, but I do have to wonder why you're on the site of an NBA team when you seem to detest the league and most of the players in it.

Hey, I hate NASCAR but wouldn't go to a NASCAR or Jimmie Johnson site.

....I still like the NBA....I'm just taking the side of the owners! Of course, neither side is all together right. But I keep posting on this thread because it's entitled LOCKOUT! I happen to think a long lockout will correct alot of what ails the NBA. Ok, you got me......I actually think todays NBA is beyond repair no matter what deal is cut by the owners...and I should stop all this ranting and raving!

....I still like the NBA....I'm just taking the side of the owners! Of course, neither side is all together right. But I keep posting on this thread because it's entitled LOCKOUT! I happen to think a long lockout will correct alot of what ails the NBA.
I wish that would happen. Despite the optimism of Friday, I read an article that said the owners and players are still miles apart on BRI. It's all fine and good to meet in small groups but if the two sides are tens of billions apart on the most basic issue, I'm not optimistic. Frankly, I'm starting to lose interest. I was a casual fan of the NHL until their strike; now I no longer watch or follow any teams. And it's been what, 16 years since an entire baseball season was lost? I never did follow baseball as much or go to as many games after that strike.

Maybe I'll feel different after the lockout is resolved. I do want to see the young Jazz team evolve (well, hopefully evolve and get better).

break them of what?

They will agreed to hard cap/super luxury tax. The revenue split will end up about 50/50. Of course I suspect that the union will disband before than and we'll have a lot of legal battles.

They will agreed to hard cap/super luxury tax. The revenue split will end up about 50/50. Of course I suspect that the union will disband before than and we'll have a lot of legal battles.
The players are closer to that than the owners.

The players are closer to that than the owners.

While I agree that the owners need to set a tone of how the league should be run, I can't believe how stubborn they've been though. I was all for the owners to get their costs in check and make more teams competitive financially, I've been getting a bit irritated by how stubborn they're going to end up being.

I'm not as optimistic as I was though.

...some games? Howz about 82 of them....and then some!

I keep hearing that the cancellation of the season will occur in the 1st week of January or so if a deal isn't reached by then. Someone on here can probably confirm or deny that. I am not going to start going through 11 pages of lockout information in this thread to confirm or deny it. Things definitely are not looking good at the moment.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty cool that some of the players are taking initiative by going to camps, strength facilities, etc. Kevin Durant just tweeted that he and his teammates were invited by John Calipari to use the Kentucky facilities and that he was heading to Lexington. Then another tweet from the Celtics calling dibs when the Thunder leave. FWIW, UK's practice facility rivals that of about any NBA team. Just good to see these guys taking opportunities to stay in shape and ball.

I think it's pretty cool that some of the players are taking initiative by going to camps, strength facilities, etc. Kevin Durant just tweeted that he and his teammates were invited by John Calipari to use the Kentucky facilities and that he was heading to Lexington. Then another tweet from the Celtics calling dibs when the Thunder leave. FWIW, UK's practice facility rivals that of about any NBA team. Just good to see these guys taking opportunities to stay in shape and ball.

Of course it does. I also heard there student golf course gives Pebble Beach a run for its money.

Looks like we're going to miss some games. Might as well rename this thread to "CJ's little slice of heaven"

Looks like we're going to miss some games. Might as well rename this thread to "CJ's little slice of heaven"

Ill wait till tomorrow afternoon before making any calls, but things definitely aint looking good. you know what they say though; never say never.

Sort of depends what kind of product, from a managerial standpoint, you want to watch. I personally have really loved how important cap management is to the long-term health of a team.
Hey whatever floats your boat, Man. I like watching good basketball.