What's new

Nikola Mirotic

mirotic a total ball hog.

he'd become a total black hole in this offense. Never passes out of anything no matter what.

mirotic a total ball hog.

he'd become a total black hole in this offense. Never passes out of anything no matter what.
Easy fix. He gets the ball when Donovan kicks out to him open on the perimeter.

The way I see it, our options for a floor spacer are:

Ryan Anderson: was on market last year. Houston probably leaves as-is. His contract is killer so this is a non-starter.

So unless we draft a guy next year ready to contribute, then I think you’ve gotta take Mirotic if you can get him, considering how hard it’d be to land someone else.

Ryan Anderson will be very, very interesting. Depending on how our season and trade deadline deals shake out, I could see us being there for a Ryan Anderson trade during or right after the draft. When Houston loses in the playoffs and are desperate to add another piece, we should be there waiting.

We could probably trade Burks and Udoh to Houston for Ryan Anderson and a few draft picks.

During or right after the draft, Houston can trade their 2019 first and others in the future. Their timeline for success is closing rapidly due to the ages of key guys like Harden, Chris Paul, Ariza, etc. A Houston unprotected first rounder in 2021 or 2022 could be a high lottery pick. In the meantime, Ryan Anderson could do decently for us in the two years remaining on his deal.

Confused as to what you are asking me in the first sentence.

I don't think they want to give up Crowder as his defensive versatility will be key in the Finals. His contract is still great and I don't think they are moving it to just get off Shumpert.
I'm asking why you think several tens of millions of dollars in savings is nothing in your mind, particularly when we're talking about a player that hasn't been good for them.

I'm asking why you think several tens of millions of dollars in savings is nothing in your mind, particularly when we're talking about a player that hasn't been good for them.
Gotcha, I just think they value Crowder's potential in a Finals matchup more than saving money this year. This is Lebron's (potentially) final year and I think they want to optimize it (without selling off the future ofc). I dont think the money thing is that big of an issue currently.

Could be wrong tho, not 100% confident in that take.

Was just looking at the trade forums on RealGM... Chicago fans want the world for Niko (not surprising), but it is kind of funny to me. They need to tank and their best future prospect is Lauri who plays the same position. They want Exum, a first and Favs... I'd say that is ambitious to say the least.

I'm probably reading too much into Summer League but I wouldn't to Exum and Favs for Niko... although removing Exum's cap hold helps with flexibility this summer.

Phoenix fans also would take on Rubio according to the forums... even offered up a second with Monroe.

Forums ain't real life obvi.
Exum JJ and a 2nd
Good for the tank, Maybe Exum becomes something, a pick, and plenty of cap space to sell this summer.(probably wishful thinking)

Favors isn't coming back so I would like to get something...Cleveland first?(Frye and Osman). Yeah that seems low for Favs but who would pay more for a rental?

Ryan Anderson will be very, very interesting. Depending on how our season and trade deadline deals shake out, I could see us being there for a Ryan Anderson trade during or right after the draft. When Houston loses in the playoffs and are desperate to add another piece, we should be there waiting.

We could probably trade Burks and Udoh to Houston for Ryan Anderson and a few draft picks.

During or right after the draft, Houston can trade their 2019 first and others in the future. Their timeline for success is closing rapidly due to the ages of key guys like Harden, Chris Paul, Ariza, etc. A Houston unprotected first rounder in 2021 or 2022 could be a high lottery pick. In the meantime, Ryan Anderson could do decently for us in the two years remaining on his deal.
I don’t know that they’d go for that but if you could land Ryan Anderson (a very serviceable salary dump) + picks + dumping Burks (seriously softens blow of Anderson), then that’s a huge win of a deal.

Been watching Mirotic lately, he takes some truly bad shots. Don't think his numbers are sustainable and they would want our first anyways, which is a no no.

I don’t know that they’d go for that but if you could land Ryan Anderson (a very serviceable salary dump) + picks + dumping Burks (seriously softens blow of Anderson), then that’s a huge win of a deal.

Anderson is set to make $20.2 and $21.26 the next two seasons. The Rockets have to re-sign Chris Paul, Clint Capela and Ariza this summer. If they can shed $10 million for next year and that $21+ in 2019-20, it gives them a ton of flexibility. It's even possible that we could absorb Anderson for less if we have the cap space. Maybe Thabo for Anderson and picks.

My goal would be to get their 2019 and 2021 unprotected first round picks for taking Anderson. Seems like a fair deal for both sides. We would just hope like hell that they suck by the time that 2021 pick rolls around.

Anderson is set to make $20.2 and $21.26 the next two seasons. The Rockets have to re-sign Chris Paul, Clint Capela and Ariza this summer. If they can shed $10 million for next year and that $21+ in 2019-20, it gives them a ton of flexibility. It's even possible that we could absorb Anderson for less if we have the cap space. Maybe Thabo for Anderson and picks.

My goal would be to get their 2019 and 2021 unprotected first round picks for taking Anderson. Seems like a fair deal for both sides. We would just hope like hell that they suck by the time that 2021 pick rolls around.
Surely, they can find a better deal than that to shed an overpaid but very good player.

I’d prefer Burks instead of Thabo.

Surely, they can find a better deal than that to shed an overpaid but very good player.

Houston tried very, very hard to trade Anderson last offseason but couldn't find any takers. They had no assets to include in the deal because they had already traded their 2018 1st.

And last year wasn't as dire as this one coming up will be. Once Houston gets ousted in the playoffs, Anderson will definitely be seen as the odd man out. He will be the scapegoat. Houston will try to convince Chris Paul into staying by telling him they will bring LeBron in. To afford these dream scenarios, Houston must dump Anderson. And for us to maximize the value, we need to make the trade with them around the time of the draft before free agency. This same method was used by the Nets to get D'Angelo Russell from the Lakers.

If CHI decides to stick with Portis & Markannan, Mirotic would be a great buy- low target & theoretically should fit very well on our current roster.

The potential roadblock would likely be finding expendable trade chips that would intrigue CHI (without sacraficing our own long-term resources/flexibility). But from an age/talent/fit perspective (+ the potential negotiation advantage that may exist from the pressure CHI likely feels to move him), he is exactly the type of low- risk (assuming the cost is reasonable), high-reward investment that we should be targeting.

Potentially adding an important (& currently missing, no offense to Jerebko) piece of the puzzle while using minimal resources would create substantial flexibility as far as future transactions.

As long as his character checks out & the asking price is reflective of the current situation in CHI, I can't imagine DL isn't intrigued & at least exploring potential options.

Unfortunately, I'm skeptical that we match up trade-wise due to the current state/timeline of the 2 teams. But potentially filling the role of a long-term stretch 4 who compliments Gobert/Mitchell is an opportunity we need fully investigate & pursuit (if feasible).

Mirotic would be a good fit here, but I wouldn't trade Hood away to get him. If we trade Hood, it needs to be for something a bit more ambitious.

Hell, I'd trade both Favors and Hood if that's what it took to get Mirotic. Favors plays way worse with Gobert, just doesn't work, and god knows what we are getting game to game with Hood, who by the way is on the bench.

I think Mirotic would love playing for Quin. He likes to shoot shoot shoot, guess what Quin would want him to do... IMO he'd elevate the offense considerably. Remember when we were rolling teams a month in a half ago? I see something like that.

I would trade Favors for any asset that helps our future.

I would only trade Hood for a great asset. Mirotic is a lateral move. Once we trade Hood, most on this forum will be whining for a dynamic wing who can shoot. And on top of that, we stand to keep Hood for a while. We might only have Mirotic for 18 months.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app