What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

I know there are flaws in this trade but I like it as an unusual trade to enhance a future pick. Minny would lose Reid but get another creator that they need.

Jazz:
Clarkson + Yurt + 2025 Minny pick top 10 protected + plus we return a swap.+ Plus a player we pick in the 2nd. Reid can be become the starter and it gives the Jazz flexibility to trade their centers.

Minny:
Naz Reid + Scrub +2029 Minny remove protections.

The Jazz enhance the value of the 2029 when the Wolves will likely be bad.

Minny can get players for next two years before Gobert gets too old.

Last edited:
Apparently we are bidding on Mikal Bridges per Jake Fischer. Shams keeps mentioning us with Tobias Harris. I am sure we are involved in this stuff... but man paying a ransom for Bridges would be a mistake. Giving Harris money to take playing time we need for dev projects would be dumb. If this is plan A give me plan D.

Apparently we are bidding on Mikal Bridges per Jake Fischer. Shams keeps mentioning us with Tobias Harris. I am sure we are involved in this stuff... but man paying a ransom for Bridges would be a mistake. Giving Harris money to take playing time we need for dev projects would be dumb. If this is plan A give me plan D.
Depending on the cost, I wouldn’t mind going after Mikal Bridges. I think he and Lauri would make a really solid tandem. Still would need a legit #1 guy, but I like the fit a heck of a lot more than pretty much every other rumor that has been thrown out there so far.

I don't want topic or buzelis but if that means Tobias and miles stay the hell away from us, I'm in.

Booooooooooooooooo

I’m convinced of three things:
1 - Danny is going to at least call on every star-level player who might be available
2 - The other team is going to leak Utah’s “interest” to try and drive the price up on their guys, when actual offers may or may not have actually happened
3 - The only smoke I’m believing is that the Jazz want to use 29+32 to trade up

If we are blowing our load on Mikal Bridges we better hope Sexton is Brunson+++. Mikal Bridges is not a star. He should be an 18% usage guy.

I’m convinced of three things:
1 - Danny is going to at least call on every star-level player who might be available
2 - The other team is going to leak Utah’s “interest” to try and drive the price up on their guys, when actual offers may or may not have actually happened
3 - The only smoke I’m believing is that the Jazz want to use 29+32 to trade up
Sure as **** hope so.

Trying to use Bridges as a star is double bad because you get a **** high usage player and lose a really good role player at the same time.

Trading a superstar package for him is just terrible.

Two questions:

1. On moves of significance, how many times has DA overpaid?

2. How many times has Ainge reportedly nearly landed someone but didn’t because of the price?

You’re welcome.

Almost Ainge is a real thing. He was real smug about almost getting a player before last season.

Almost Ainge is a real thing. He was real smug about almost getting a player before last season.
And it gives people this weird perception that Ainge won't make moves (especially near the end of his Boston days), but the guy is still always one of the most active GMs. He just gets himself inserted into EVERY trade rumor (I think to help with leverage when he is actually interested)

I think you always want to be in these conversations… especially when you have as much stuff as us. You may end up being like the Cavs and walking out with Jarrett Allen for a first or something like that.

We could also pull a Dwill… hey what’s the Rockets offer for Bridges??? Maybe we can get that plus a smidge for Lauri?

Okay I’m done planting the Lauri trade seeds. I know it ain’t happening.

Back