What's new

OFFICIAL Big Enes Injury Update/Watch Thread

Numberica, please.

Please what? The program are being weenies and doing their best to never have Kanter play out of hurt feelings. It's dumb and it's bad for everyone.

That said, maybe Kanter simply doesn't want to play, at which point none of this conversation matters.

Aah he'll be fine. But let's just hope it won't stay with him for the rest of his life to fall off every time he pushes it too hard. His unluckiness really annoys me. No NCAA, then lockout then this? The ****?!

You forgot him ending up on one of the only teams that could get away with burying him. For at least two years now.

If there was anything to the rumor that he tried to dodge working out/interviewing with the Jazz, I wouldn't blame him.

You forgot him ending up on one of the only teams that could get away with burying him. For at least two years now.

If there was anything to the rumor that he tried to dodge working out/interviewing with the Jazz, I wouldn't blame him.

And that! I predict he closed the season but will be fine right at the end of it meaning the Jazz won't have to reconsider Big Al's FA status again.

nah, judokas are though wehn it comes to arms.
i have seen some messed up **** in my judo days
I suppose they don't make their living off judo.
I kept playing with partially dislocated shoulder too but I am no pro and still believe it was dumb.

Pfft... He got up all confused, like, "WTF shoulder...get your **** together bro! I got a game to win.." Lol Kanter is a tough dude. He'll be out for just long enough to tank us into the lottery.

This is really a blessing in disguise fellas, cheer up

I had a similar injury doing the same exact thing Enes did. I was dribbling, approaching a defender at the half-court line, and I lost control of the ball while attempting to spin off of my defender. As the ball was traveling towards the sideline I tried to dive and save the ball. Well, there went my shoulder. I was out for a couple weeks. Hell, it still gives me problems from time to time.

I believe sublexed means it went back into place right after it went out. Which is less sever and causes less damage. Where dislocation stays out of place and pulls and tears muscles. I can only imagine the pain he endured when they put it back in.

I've had a few dislocations and I can tell you putting it back in was the best feeling in the world. It hurts the most when it's out of socket. THe first time I dislocated my knee, as soon as the doctor set it back into place I started laughing uncontrollably. It felt soooo good.

This isn't a big deal. He basically has two options. When you fully dislocate your shoulder, you tear the ligaments that help to hold the ball of your shoulder in it's socket. So, his options are:

1 - Put it back in, do some PT to strengthen the muscles, and then play. He will be sore for about a week. The upside to this, is he can play before the end of the year. The downside is now that those ligaments are torn, he will continue to dislocate/subluxate his shoulder throughout his life, need a couple of days to feel better, repeat.

2 - Have surgery to repair the ligaments. If he does this he will be out 6 weeks as it heals, ending his season. BUT, the chances of subluxation/dislocation again are about 5%. If I were him and the Jazz, this is what I would do. This season is shot, I say do the surgery.

This isn't a big deal. He basically has two options. When you fully dislocate your shoulder, you tear the ligaments that help to hold the ball of your shoulder in it's socket. So, his options are:

1 - Put it back in, do some PT to strengthen the muscles, and then play. He will be sore for about a week. The upside to this, is he can play before the end of the year. The downside is now that those ligaments are torn, he will continue to dislocate/subluxate his shoulder throughout his life, need a couple of days to feel better, repeat.

2 - Have surgery to repair the ligaments. If he does this he will be out 6 weeks as it heals, ending his season. BUT, the chances of subluxation/dislocation again are about 5%. If I were him and the Jazz, this is what I would do. This season is shot, I say do the surgery.

Yeap sounds like the 2nd one is the best option from here.

7 footers should not be wrastlin on the floor for loose balls unless the play holds the championship in the balance.
a lesson for you youngins.

good thing it's his shoulder and not his knee.

This post passes the smell test for me. I'm a little worried Kanter is too much of a tough guy/dumb kid to get surgery, so here's hoping he is smarter than that.

Hopefully he didn't tear his rotator cuff as well. If that happened it will be the middle of next year until he plays.