What's new

OFFICIAL Big Enes Injury Update/Watch Thread

This isn't a big deal. He basically has two options. When you fully dislocate your shoulder, you tear the ligaments that help to hold the ball of your shoulder in it's socket. So, his options are:

1 - Put it back in, do some PT to strengthen the muscles, and then play. He will be sore for about a week. The upside to this, is he can play before the end of the year. The downside is now that those ligaments are torn, he will continue to dislocate/subluxate his shoulder throughout his life, need a couple of days to feel better, repeat.

2 - Have surgery to repair the ligaments. If he does this he will be out 6 weeks as it heals, ending his season. BUT, the chances of subluxation/dislocation again are about 5%. If I were him and the Jazz, this is what I would do. This season is shot, I say do the surgery.

Couldn't he pick both options? If he wanted to come back couldn't he just have surgery after the season ends if he comes back early to finish the season?

Couldn't he pick both options? If he wanted to come back couldn't he just have surgery after the season ends if he comes back early to finish the season?

Typically, your body starts to heal the wrong way if you hold off on it which makes total recovery more difficult if not impossible.

Taking green's description of the options at face value and considering the season, yes, option was is eliminated.

I'm not an expert on the surgery necessity but all I know is repeatedly dislocating your arm is frustrating as it's painful and since he is so young, his regeneration level is at its highest so it should be a good time for it.

He's strong like a bull in a Kanter shop. All you sissy boys who hurt your baby shoulders for life are sissies. That's the difference between you and him. He is a pro-athlete, and you're all wanna be's.

He will be fine and not have any reoccurring issues — I say, he'll be back in 2 weeks.

He's strong like a bull in a Kanter shop. All you sissy boys who hurt your baby shoulders for life are sissies. That's the difference between you and him. He is a pro-athlete, and you're all wanna be's.

He will be fine and not have any reoccurring issues — I say, he'll be back in 2 weeks.

I also don't make millions of dollars - thus, I couldn't afford to have surgery. I didn't even go to a doctor for it. On top of all that, I took no medication for it. I simply dealt with the pain until it went away. I like to think I'm pretty tough, but only because I have to be.

Let's look on the bright side everyone. At least we don't have to worry about Big Al getting an injury like this, because how often does he get down on the floor?

On that same token of being a pro athlete, he needs to take matters of his physical health many, many times more seriously than the rest of us.

If this were to happen in 5 years with him carrying a contender (or dark horse), then considering getting back on the floor ASAP is something you even BEGIN to consider. But now? Don't be a dumb ***.

Are there any players that come to mind who have had long lingering problems from shoulder injuries? I couldn't think of any right away other than Davis in ORL (who has missed a lot games).

Please, get surgery. This season has been a waste, it's time EVERYONE started looking to the future instead of towards a first round sweep.

7 footers should not be wrastlin on the floor for loose balls unless the play holds the championship in the balance.
a lesson for you youngins.

good thing it's his shoulder and not his knee.

okay he must be like al.
who in his jazz carreer dove for the ball ONCE

I speak the truth. Hustlin be great, just not wrastlin. Stay on your feet if you have a choice. Also learn how to fall like a fighter so you don't hurt yourself when it happens. Enes thought he was doing a gdam floor excercise out there.You can't be doing your swimmers stroke when there is another brute jumping on top of you.

i suggest you become a fan of chrsi bosh and the heat.
didnt you see what bulls did.

physicality and hustle trumps everything

I love hustle. Diving on the floor is just not a great option most of the time. There are other ways to hustle that are more productive.

During our last ward ball season a player on our team dislocated his shoulder. It looked almost identical. He asked me to put it back in. I did. Creepy stuff. He is back playing after 3 weeks and he is not a professional athlete. So, I figure Kanter will be able to recover pretty quickly unless there was tearing. Woot.