What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Dallas made a game out of it down the stretch thanks to Kyrie’s 26 points in the 4th. How they don’t even get a shot up there to end the game I have no idea.

Would you guys trade all of the frp this year just to move up in the draft? It seems the Jazz are refusing to tank and stays at 14th in the lottery at the end of the season? Doing that might move us to 8 to 10. I don't know, things aren't shaping up well for us as the season 2/3 of the way.

Yea, giving Conley to the TWolves was certainly a choice. It's weird that Ainge seemed so incredibly desperate to get that Lakers pick that he let himself get taken to the woodshed. The other teams were supposed to be the desperate ones.

Dump all of those players for a bunch of seconds, and don't be compromising our picks this year. I could forgive it if the Lakers pick was unprotected, alas.

Yea, giving Conley to the TWolves was certainly a choice. It's weird that Ainge seemed so incredibly desperate to get that Lakers pick that he let himself get taken to the woodshed. The other teams were supposed to be the desperate ones.

Dump all of those players for a bunch of seconds, and don't be compromising our picks this year. I could forgive it if the Lakers pick was unprotected, alas.
Unless he is already building some off-season package with some team to acquire or shift assets around and that pick was a key piece to get. Never know.

Lets wait this out though. I'm not sure Minny is still good (Dallas is badly balanced team) and the 2 wins we got are not enough proof we are gonna stay .500.... But right now the trade seems to stink at least from tanking perspective.

Raptors were always a favourable matchup and Pacers have literally been the 2nd worse team since mid January (forgot earlier the Spurs exist). However we kept the game close against Knicks and if Memphis plays us at full stength and doesn't blow us out... then I will be more worried.

Lets wait this out though. I'm not sure Minny is still good (Dallas is badly balanced team) and the 2 wins we got are not enough proof we are gonna stay .500.... But right now the trade seems to stink at least from tanking perspective.

Raptors were always a favourable matchup and Pacers have literally been the 2nd worse team since mid January (forgot earlier the Spurs exist). However we kept the game close against Knicks and if Memphis plays us at full stength and doesn't blow us out... then I will be more worried.
The reason we beat Indiana imo was they were trash on the glass against us, by design holding Turner out. Indiana is tanking they have been ever since Haliburton got hurt. Yes he is playing, but no not gonna matter.
The wolves pick is not going to be in the lottery unless they lose a play in imo.
Might be late teens if we are lucky at best even if they don't get better with KAT.

What a stupid trade it was. Minn got better, LaL got better, we are not and have a chance for 2nd round pick.
look on the bright side, Danny can now see if the players he traded for last summer, that he hadn't already decided to move like Measles and Vander, are worth retaining past this summer.
I could easily see him flipping Sexton Agbaji THT Kessler and even the Finnisher if the offers are really good, but he probably will only move one of they don't prove worth keeping as the rest of the season sample will provide him.

I do think DA see what i say since the begginning of the season. Even if they are struggling half season, there was no chance Minny was that bad. Too much talent in there. Probably not enough to win but at least enough to end 6-8. So this trade does not change much. But i do think it's a bad trade. Off season will be very important. We are lucky at draft ad get a good FA and we may have a chance, Balls don't turn our way, and we go for 2 or 3 years of mediocrity which mean Lauri will probably not be interested to stay here.

Mike will make Minny better no doubt. And specially Rudy. I watch yesterday game and still see a lot of ball in the hand of ANT which is a mistake for me. ANT is a scorer but not a good playmaker ( 4.5 Assit/3.3 TO). They will have also to find balance when KAT come back. But with the talents they have, they will not be in the lottery for me.

Tells you how valuable first rounders are now. I

We helped the Wolves, but the reality is that their floor was probably the 14th pick either way. I think we just raised their ceiling a bit, but we also added competition with the Lakers