What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Minnesota really has no secondary scorer since they traded D’Angelo.

Seriously, who is their secondary scorer? Conley, Anderson, McDaniels, Gobert? That’s a horrible offensive team down the stretch and in the clutch where points are at a premium.
Sounds like KAT will miss 5-10 more games too… just put em in the 9/10 spot… that’s all I ask

0-6 and zero points in 30 minutes for Mike Conley
Lol

Maybe that 2 2nd rounders were for Twolves to take on Mike's 2 year contract lol.

If there can be one Jazz double agent it has to be the Wolves GM. What are we gonna do without him.

I havent watched the Wizards game thus far, but against Mavs they won simply because Mavs are a badly balanced team. They have the best starting guards who are both crazy good self-creators but their bigs are subpar and their perimeter defense sucks. Its like all eggs in the basket of outscoring the other team, which they failed to do against Minny due to their slow start.

On the sidenote... Kyrie/Luka experiment was such an awful idea. In the two games they have played together thus far (both losses), Luka has deferred to Kyrie who doesnt want to step on Luka's toes and they have played hot potato with the ball in a very awkward way. For example in the 4th quarters of those two game Luka has taken 2 shots (both 3 pointers) and 2 free throws for a grand total of 5 points in 12 minutes.

Minny is not well balanced too. Strange rotation from the coach, ball way too much in the hand of Ant. Strange to let the ball a lot to a guy who have alost more TO than assist specially when you hire a guy who got a incredible ration Assist/TO this year. Mike seems lost and bored sometimes and Ant was washed in the money time.. They have to adjust the rotation and see how Kat will go in. If they manage to do it, they will be good, if not i won't be surprised if they end in the play-in.

On the sidenote... Kyrie/Luka experiment was such an awful idea. In the two games they have played together thus far (both losses), Luka has deferred to Kyrie who doesnt want to step on Luka's toes and they have played hot potato with the ball in a very awkward way. For example in the 4th quarters of those two game Luka has taken 2 shots (both 3 pointers) and 2 free throws for a grand total of 5 points in 12 minutes.
Yup, it's all gonna end badly. Who could have ever seen this coming?

I don't care if they're saying all the right things thus far. If the losing continues, there's gonna be bad blood and someone's going to ask for a trade.

HALF OF THE SEASON is in the BOOKs NOW.
We. have a chance for 7th pick if LAL, TOR, POR,WAS CHIC OKC - reach they potential.
Minnesota should fall a couple picks down, but KAT's come back is a misery where they finally land.
CAVS might over jump 76ers for 26th pick
THAT IS JUST a PREDICTION.
Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-17 o 14.56.49.png

We. have a chance for 7th pick if LAL, TOR, POR,WAS CHIC OKC - reach they potential.
Minnesota should fall a couple picks down, but KAT's come back is a misery where they finally land.
View attachment 13875
SIr we are far over half the season in the books

Yup, it's all gonna end badly. Who could have ever seen this coming?

I don't care if they're saying all the right things thus far. If the losing continues, there's gonna be bad blood and someone's going to ask for a trade.
Jazz are well positioned if Luka asks to be traded. Hopefully, DA is going big-game hunting this off-season and next.

Imagine heading into last offseason, with the possibility that you could trade Mitchell and Gobert for a star player like Doncic, Tatum or Giannis AND they would still get Markkanen, Kessler, Agbaji, THT and probably a couple of unprotected picks out of the deal. . .

. . . If the Jazz can pull off a trade for a star player like those guys, that’s the flexibility DA has put together. Truly amazing what he has done - even if it feels like some of his trades have been pretty “meh” he’s hit home runs on the ones he really needed to.

Jazz are well positioned if Luka asks to be traded. Hopefully, DA is going big-game hunting this off-season and next.

Imagine heading into last offseason, with the possibility that you could trade Mitchell and Gobert for a star player like Doncic, Tatum or Giannis AND they would still get Markkanen, Kessler, Agbaji, THT and probably a couple of unprotected picks out of the deal. . .

. . . If the Jazz can pull off a trade for a star player like those guys, that’s the flexibility DA has put together. Truly amazing what he has done - even if it feels like some of his trades have been pretty “meh” he’s hit home runs on the ones he really needed to.
I really don’t think that’s the route we go. I don’t really see it as realistic.

View attachment 13875
Looking at the remaining schedule, I’m going to predict that Utah free-falls after the All-Star break and ends up 7th.

Minnesota probably remains steady(ish) but gets overtaken by a couple of teams and then loses an embarrassing game in the play-in to finish 13 or 14.

Philly drops a Spot to Cleveland and the last pick ends up being 26.

7 or 8 (unless they jump top 4)
13 or 14
26 or 27

That’s where I think things end up when it’s all said and done.

I really don’t think that’s the route we go. I don’t really see it as realistic.
Maybe not, but it’s definitely been DA’s modus operandi before. He’s made more than a couple of huge trades for stars in the past, and he already has two solid young players to build around. Maybe he keeps those picks, but if the right star comes available I hope he gets into the mix.