What's new

OKC(15-10) @ UTA(15-10) - Gamethread

Right now I hope Hayward, Gobert, Hood and Ingles are lifers.

Number 27 and maybe 20 (if he stays) will be hanging from the rafters one day. Book it.

I was not a Ingles fan last year, and thought of him as a spot that needed to be upgraded. He has proven his worth, and shut me up this year.
3pt shooting, passing, team player. He fits, and seems to be an important role player now. Before I would sometimes cringe when I saw him ready
to check in. Now I get excited. Ingles is coming in!! 3 ball time!

How did Favors look? I didn't catch the game.

Running well, and really banging with Kanter.

The only issue I saw was lift. He mentioned earlier that he needed to "relearn to jump". I didnt see him explode in the air, but at least
he was moving up and down the court smoothly.

Anyone else notice the exchange between Gobert and Kanter after the game? Looked like Gobert had a few choice words that Kanter chose to ignore.

Looked like it was friendly smack. Nothing serious. Rudy was smiling.

I think we need to extend joe for 20 years... last 15 need to be as an announcer. I truly enjoy everything he's about out there.
I love the idea of hiring ingles for anything media related. Hilarious dude. Gotta love him

Except Kanter wasn't smiling at all and looked tense.
But I was surprised by how he and Favors greeted each other after the game.
The players for the most part liked Enes or were neutral to him. Favors said in the post game he's a cool guy. The crowd just hates him so much it creates energy everyone feeds off of to play harder. Playing hard leads to physical play and some trash talk and things get heated.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Twice, almost in succession.

He perfected the almost lose control of the ball and make the defense try and steal it and get out of position move.

The finishes were good... he was also very under control. Promising game all around.

One thing he needs to learn... fall down after a guy drives into your chest and you will get the charge call. Especially with that clown show that was officiating the game last night. They were just awful.

He perfected the almost lose control of the ball and make the defense try and steal it and get out of position move.

The finishes were good... he was also very under control. Promising game all around.

One thing he needs to learn... fall down after a guy drives into your chest and you will get the charge call. Especially with that clown show that was officiating the game last night. They were just awful.

The refs were really bad on both ends. Lots of blown calls and non-calls, especially with what they were considering continuation.

The refs were really bad on both ends. Lots of blown calls and non-calls, especially with what they were considering continuation.

The flopping fines seem to have been pretty effective in cutting that down. They need a similar rule for these "I just got bumped so I will fling my arms in the air to make it look I was going to shoot" incidents. They are ridiculous and obvious as hell. Westbrook got 3 FTs for an "attempt" when he was 5 feet behind the line, dribbling sideways and getting ready to go around a screen. No way he was planning to shoot from that position.

We dominated them and took the 6th seed and the NW lead. But the biggest win from last night?

No new injuries.

I was not a Ingles fan last year, and thought of him as a spot that needed to be upgraded. He has proven his worth, and shut me up this year.
3pt shooting, passing, team player. He fits, and seems to be an important role player now. Before I would sometimes cringe when I saw him ready
to check in. Now I get excited. Ingles is coming in!! 3 ball time!

Sadly someone will pay Joe 8++ million a year and he'll be gone :(

The worst call was Goberts 5th foul where Westbrook drove the lane for a layup and Gobert got blatantly pushed from behind right into Westbrook as he was about to rise up for a layup. How the ref missed the push I will never know.

Except Kanter wasn't smiling at all and looked tense.
But I was surprised by how he and Favors greeted each other after the game.

The first time they were near each other in the game they were both smiling and Kanter had an arm over Gobert.

Looked like it was friendly smack. Nothing serious. Rudy was smiling.

That's the way we (OKC viewers) saw it.

Salt Lake City has been our NBA mentor model. The original Delta Center (Vivint Smart Home Arena) was the model used with the original Ford Center, now labeled the OKC Chesapeake Energy Arena. Our TV announcers branded it the most intimidating arena in the NBA; described where the fans are literally ON TOP OF YOU.

I know that Enes isn't welcome in Salt Lake City anymore than Durant will be welcome in Oklahoma City. Durant's foundation does continue to support the various shelters in OKC (Salvation Army, Jesus House, City Rescue Mission), although he now resides in the Bay area.

The 'Boo' bug brigade (dislike for Kanter/Durant) will show up in each city--maybe it's a City thing. :confused:

We (OKC fans) thought it was awesome how the Jazz fans booed every time the ball touched Kanter's hands. We were able to track when Kanter had the ball in traffic through FoxOklahoma telecast.

Putting the game aside; 'Enes the Menace' has done a lot for the OKC community; he's the one Thunder player besides Westbrook that personally gets involved during the holidays & throughout the year.

That's the way we (OKC viewers) saw it.

Salt Lake City has been our NBA mentor model. The original Delta Center (Vivint Smart Home Arena) was the model used with the original Ford Center, now labeled the OKC Chesapeake Energy Arena. Our TV announcers branded it the most intimidating arena in the NBA; described where the fans are literally ON TOP OF YOU.

I know that Enes isn't welcome in Salt Lake City anymore than Durant will be welcome in Oklahoma City. Durant's foundation does continue to support the various shelters in OKC (Salvation Army, Jesus House, City Rescue Mission), although he now resides in the Bay area.

The 'Boo' bug brigade (dislike for Kanter/Durant) will show up in each city--maybe it's a City thing. :confused:

We (OKC fans) thought it was awesome how the Jazz fans booed every time the ball touched Kanter's hands. We were able to track when Kanter had the ball in traffic through FoxOklahoma telecast.

Putting the game aside; 'Enes the Menace' has done a lot for the OKC community; he's the one Thunder player besides Westbrook that personally gets involved during the holidays & throughout the year.

Inter team and player/city rivalries add atmosphere and entertainment to the games and rivalries. I love it. As long as things don't get to out of control.