What's new

P90x

Week 5
I have been slacking a little as of late. I drank 2 beers at my friends dissertation defense yesterday and had some wine on Saturday evening. Also, I skipped kenpo last week because of a strained muscle in my shoulder and skipped plyometrics yesterday because of my friends post-defense barbecue extravaganza.

It's been working great still though, I still think I am making strides and I feel great. This next week I am looking to recommit myself and be more stringent about my work ethic.

Hell yeah you've been slacking. Come over to my place this weekend and I'll set you straight. 2 beers. LOL. What did you even Crack a Beer! for?

Abstain_by_lovelikefireworks.jpg

dui_law_.jpg

Not

beer-8983.jpg

BeerPong1.jpg

Bud-Light-for-hoes1.jpg

465big%20tits%20midgett.jpg

Week 5
Also, I skipped kenpo last week because of a strained muscle in my shoulder
That sucks. Good luck.

My left hammy is a mess from something I did during Yoga last Thursday. I've been grinding through it, but it's a mess. If it doesn't get better during this recovery week I'm in, I might be looking at some time off from the lower body. Damn.

Seems like injury of one kind or another is pretty common. We just need to keep plugging along. Finally getting into plyo again after my ankle injury.

[sarcasm] YYAAAAAYYYYYY!!! [/sarcasm]

Dude, seriously. Congratulations. I know and understand how much it takes to dedicate yourself to something...anything. Sounds like you're on a great path.

Thanks man. Its without a doubt the most difficult thing I've ever done.

I'm ramping up to do a 180 reef and want to go with the "Balling Method". Any thoughts?

I don't, but that's just me.

I used to dose vodka but now I run a biopellet reactor which I highly recommend, I also run LEDs a love those too. Let me know if you need any help setting it up.

I started P90x on Monday and so far so good. I thought I was in better shape then I am...

What does everyone do for diet? Do you follow their menu at all?
What kind of protein bars does everybody use. I've used protein fusion bars for the last year and love them, they are just really expensive and I'd like to find a cheaper alternative.

I started P90x on Monday and so far so good. I thought I was in better shape then I am...

What does everyone do for diet? Do you follow their menu at all?
What kind of protein bars does everybody use. I've used protein fusion bars for the last year and love them, they are just really expensive and I'd like to find a cheaper alternative.

I'll just paste in what I wrote on another board:
I haven't followed the exact diet per se. I was already pescetarian with no dairy or processed ****** foods in my diet. I've looked at it though, the first phase anyway: it's basically all protein (lean as possible) and vegetables. Almost no fat, sugar or carbs. Which means very little fruit, bread and rice. Don't even think about soda and candy. All I've had/tried to do is cut the hell out of my carbs. Not following the exact plan, but all I'm eating is fish (canned and fresh), beans, nuts, hemp protein, vegetables, hemp milk/orange juice and water. I'm still drinking beer and whiskey, which is where I'm getting any carbs from, in addition to the OJ I mix with the hemp protein. I find it tolerable, but yeah, I was almost there before I started.

You need to find a chuggable protein source. Hemp protein is the only way to go tbh. Even if it's more expensive. Whey is retarded. Reading on such here (this site is an ad, but it doesn't matter, it's factual, just google hemp vs. whey and you'll find a ton of info):
https://www.proteinbreakthrough.com/

So after nearly two weeks of getting no results on the scale following my current workout/diet, I think it's time to change up my workout. I'm looking into starting P90X. What equipment do I need? I've read dumb bells and/or resistance bands? How much time do I need to plan for a typical workout?

So after nearly two weeks of getting no results on the scale following my current workout/diet, I think it's time to change up my workout. I'm looking into starting P90X. What equipment do I need? I've read dumb bells and/or resistance bands? How much time do I need to plan for a typical workout?

Workouts take 1 to 1.5 hours. I am about 165 lbs. and I use from 5 to 60 lb. weights. The vast majority of workouts are probably in the 15 to 30 lb. range although back workouts like lawnmowers and heavy pants require more weight. If I were you I would get one of those adjustable weights that can easily "click" on and off plates. They are expensive but walmart sells a cheap one that goes up to 25 lbs. after that just buy a normal set of adjustable weights for the heavier stuff.

At least, that's how I would go about it.

Oh and don't forget the door pull-up bar, push up bars, and a workout mat.

Workouts take 1 to 1.5 hours. I am about 165 lbs. and I use from 5 to 60 lb. weights. The vast majority of workouts are probably in the 15 to 30 lb. range although back workouts like lawnmowers and heavy pants require more weight. If I were you I would get one of those adjustable weights that can easily "click" on and off plates. They are expensive but walmart sells a cheap one that goes up to 25 lbs. after that just buy a normal set of adjustable weights for the heavier stuff.

At least, that's how I would go about it.

Oh and don't forget the door pull-up bar, push up bars, and a workout mat.
Thanks for the input. I just seriously messed up my ankle playing ward ball, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to start this up. Holy piss, this one hurts worse than when I broke my other one.

I'm done with the first week, I thought it would be a lot harder than it was. I didn't dominate it by any means but I was able to do at least 80% of everything, reps, speed, everything. Plo made by legs sore but I thought the actual workout was fun. I've been using bands instead of weights and really don't like it. I wish I would have just bought weights instead of the bands.

The only thing I didnt like was the Yoga. I've been doing Hot Yoga for over a year and LOVE IT, but I HATED the p90X yoga.

Lost two lbs for the week. My scale doesnt measure body fat, how fast have you guys seen changes in body fat % and by how much?

Finished p90 up this week. Sorry about not keeping those of you that were interested updated, figured my weekly rants might be boring some folks. Overall I'm in great shape, my abs are pretty defined and my arms are really toned. I went from 165 lbs to l57 lbs but I'm more muscular than before. In the end I stopped doing plyos and kenpo but instead just went running for a full hour because I just couldn't bring myself to do jump exercises at 6 in the morning anymore.

The diet was probably the most important part. Toward the end I just started eating what I wanted but I kept carbs low (1 whole wheat bagel in the morning) and portion size under control (~2400 calories per day) because I am a hardcore overeater.

I really recommend this stuff if you're willing to change up your lifestyle a bit for 3 months. Good luck to anyone who is going to or is in the process of doing this stuff.

l57 must be really low weight. Is that like sub-atomic or something?

Ive changed the way Ive been eating and have started using Tim Ferris' slow carb diet. I hesitate to call it diet, because its really not...just a different way of eating. It works.

I'm still doing this as well, but I don't do any of the hard stuff. I do the Yoga mostly, and have taken up running just like LE's. As of this morning, I am down 29.5 lbs since December. The whole 'lifestyle change' is spot on. I think 'diets' are gayer than a bag of Richards, and never work. I like the new me a lot more than the old fat me. (I'm still fat, but just not as fat -- 20 lbs to go)