What's new

Post your personal victories

Nah, you're just getting old.
Nah, it's been a fairly consistent issue since I injured my MCL in my early 20's. I've just ignored it most of my life and worked through it, or let it rest until it heals then repeat the process of overworking it. Now I'm trying to actual solve the base issues.

Nah, it's been a fairly consistent issue since I injured my MCL in my early 20's. I've just ignored it most of my life and worked through it, or let it rest until it heals then repeat the process of overworking it. Now I'm trying to actual solve the base issues.
Yep, gettin' old. Pretty soon gettin' fat. It is a package deal. Just go with it, embrace your inner 12-year old and eat that McD's and sit down for a marathon session of Blacklist on Netflix.

I started playing golf just 3.5 months ago. Yesterday I shot +3 over 9 holes on a challenging course. I feel legitimately smug af.

Im legit blown away
My goal is to get a bogey each hole. I rarely reach my goal

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm starting a new knee program (knees over toes dude) to get my knee tendinitis under control.

Once gyms opened back up I was dunking again as I did a pretty good job of increasing my power/flexibility during the main part of the pandemic, but that quickly turned into bad knee soreness once I combined dunking with playing actual full-court basketball. Now it's to the point where I if play an hour of full-court, my knee is in pain for 3-5 days after. Basically my body got too powerful for ligaments and tendons now I'm focusing on strengthening those.
Have you looked into hip mobility, stability, strength issues for this, too?

As a cyclist, basically all of my knee issues stem from my hips... so I’m predisposed to thinking in these terms. Regardless, we all sit so much that our hips are chronically out of balance.

It is the best time get on JF.

For those that poop before going to work, I suggest you change your routine. Getting paid to poop is the best.

I am self-employed, which makes it far less satisfying to drop a #2 knowing it isn't adding to my W2...
Agreed about getting paid to poop. It's the best

Caught this guy a few weeks ago in a river that doesn't normally produce big fish.

Attachments

• OI000034.JPG
    OI000034.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
I mostly eat indian food. Keeps me cleaned out and justifies what I pay my cleaning lady.
Well, greater glories await you if you soak about 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in water (turning them into “chia pudding”). Noticeable effects within a week of daily consumption. It’s pretty much the ideal dietary fiber. Easy to put into protein shakes, smoothies, etc.

I have resisted the urge to go play basketball for two weeks because I am dealing with plantar fasciitis… this is a victory because normally I’d ignore it and limp around for months. Giving it 2 more weeks before I decide to go back. It’s tough because I love playing so much and it feels pretty much good when I play… then it feels like I have blades in my foot.

In other news I hate getting old is so dumb.

I have resisted the urge to go play basketball for two weeks because I am dealing with plantar fasciitis… this is a victory because normally I’d ignore it and limp around for months. Giving it 2 more weeks before I decide to go back. It’s tough because I love playing so much and it feels pretty much good when I play… then it feels like I have blades in my foot.

In other news I hate getting old is so dumb.
This kind of **** is why I’ve given up playing basketball. Cycling is great because I can get better and/or maintain where I’m at for probably another 10 years. Also, starting golf at age 41 means I have another thing that I can improve on for several years (although there is a risk of injury here, because a golf swing is such a wickedly asymmetrical thing).

By the time I was 35, with basketball I felt such a steep rate of decline that I just said **** it. And I hated all the aches and pains.