What's new

Post your personal victories

The absolute pinnacle of my life!! Never thought I’d live to see that day. I can now use that moment to throw at her in all future arguments. And believe me, I’ll milk it for all it’s worth. Lol
Bruh... she's playing the long game... you dead homey.

I was playing pickup 3 days a week and my body hated it. During Covid, went back to soccer. Play at least twice a week. My body loves it. It's been a year and a half since my last full court run out.

I'm still rocking a belly, but soccer is just so much better on the body.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Not sure the impact on the knees from kicking the ball is likely as bad as my 4" vert. I dropped 6-7 lbs immediately when I went back to playing indoors. I continued to play outdoor during the pandemic because Nor Cal has great weather. That was rough. I think it helped when I ramped things up.

My biggest thing is keeping my weight down. I have an athletic build but when I am playing 5-10 lbs too heavy I feel it in my knees. I'm about 5 lbs of fat away from a good weight and 10-15 away from ideal. When I am not playing basketball I have to really watch my diet... I am an easy gainer/loser.

I started playing golf just 3.5 months ago. Yesterday I shot +3 over 9 holes on a challenging course. I feel legitimately smug af.
Hey, I began playing last year, at 39yo. I suck! I' think I scored +40 in my first round.

Hey, I began playing last year, at 39yo. I suck! I' think I scored +40 in my first round.
Everything went well for me on this round. It was staggering. My putter was on fire, and I was hitting 175-225 yard shots super accurately. I expect my next round to be very different.

Everything went well for me on this round. It was staggering. My putter was on fire, and I was hitting 175-225 yard shots super accurately. I expect my next round to be very different.
Regression to the mean.

Not sure the impact on the knees from kicking the ball is likely as bad as my 4" vert. I dropped 6-7 lbs immediately when I went back to playing indoors. I continued to play outdoor during the pandemic because Nor Cal has great weather. That was rough. I think it helped when I ramped things up.

My biggest thing is keeping my weight down. I have an athletic build but when I am playing 5-10 lbs too heavy I feel it in my knees. I'm about 5 lbs of fat away from a good weight and 10-15 away from ideal. When I am not playing basketball I have to really watch my diet... I am an easy gainer/loser.
At 30 I'm way more athletic and explosive than I was at 20. My body just hasn't be able to sustain it without pain.

At 30 I'm way more athletic and explosive than I was at 20. My body just hasn't be able to sustain it without pain.
I'm 39 now so my explosive days are behind me. I had a really bad high ankle sprain at 20 and that was the end of my big vertical days.

I'm 39 now so my explosive days are behind me. I had a really bad high ankle sprain at 20 and that was the end of my big vertical days.
What you need is a good transition. Move from explosive athleticism to explosive diarrhea.

It can get you out of awkward situations and set you up for more of them in the future, at the same time. Multi-tasking at it's finest.

Talking to someone you don't want to? Just say the 2 magical words that get you out of any situation with no questions asked. Say "explosive diarrhea" and walk away. No questions asked and freedom from a drawn out goodbye with only a small hit to your reputation, as if that mattered.