What's new

Protestors storm capital

As you guys probably recall since I made a thread about it, I pretty much cut ties with my father back in 2016 and his support of Trump contributed to it. Sounds crazy I know, but my vision of what Trump represents was as clear then as it is now and I couldn't reconcile with my own father being that kind of person. Here we are today and I wish I could say I didn't see this coming.

I remember Trump talking about the Portland riots last year and that how anyone trashing federal buildings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

So... what about now?
oh the Irony if Trump was sentenced with the law he passed after the Portland riots. 10 year minimum sentence for him and his supporters.

I hate nothing more than people who switch sides and "brand new" converts. If today is your line in the sand, that's pretty ****ed up. How can everything else in the past 5 years be okay?
Especially the stuff they complained about Obama, like wearing a tan suit or wanting to impeach him for passing the ACA to name a few. The same people who attack the Capital were offend when athletes took a knee. But they consider themselves patriots and in reality they are traitors to this country.

I was astonished shots weren't fired.
I wasn't the people were white. A few of the police were taking selfies and helping people walk down the stairs. The Capital chief police hasn't even contacted Congress about the situation and no national guard was in place and Trump refused to call them out initially. Heads are going to roll regarding the lack of planning and security but you have to wonder if the Capital police leadership has sympathies with the Trump supporters.

Been watching it since i got up, maybe the presence of TV cameras stopped shooting or if nobody was willing to give the order to secure the building and open fire.
There was restrain because the suspects were white and the police were outnumbered.

Last edited:
Trump has 2 weeks left. 2 weeks! I don't think we need to use the 25th amendment to remove him. We just need the rest of our government to recognize that they don't have to cooperate with him.

He's done. His legacy is trashed. His supporters will find no refuge as the Georgia runoffs make it clear that Trump support is a path to failure.

Hi, Trump supporters. You lose. Now kindly go **** yourselves.
I disagree. He can do a lot of damage in two weeks. He is talking about self pardoning himself. He is isolated and angry. Have people forgotten he has the nuclear codes? He has access to the military and drones? Maybe he orders another attack on Iran or Iraq for filing war crimes against him? Beside the fact if you remove him from office you finally make him accountable and he will be known as the only modern day president to be removed from office. He can pardon more criminals and spend the next two weeks passing out positions to his loyalists.
Impeaching him would be even better because he could never run for office again. Do not underestimate the lunacy of his followers, Have you ever talked to a Trump supporter? The majority are delusional, angry and passionate about their adoration for Trump. They are not just going to stop listening or obeying him. The most important reasons is if you do nothing you send a message this is acceptable and it is definitely NOT!

Last edited:
OK. Based on your post i assumed that during the last 4-8 years there is a tendency that entire groups who have been friends during several decades are now not talking with each other. Which would be pointless and sad at the same time. Good to know that it is not that way.
Of course, in my country also if you read-follow social media posts of social media warriors, then the amount of hatred or grumpy-old-man/woman phenomen is quite high; fortunatelly at least in my neighbourhood people care more about common everyday life.
No, what I have been saying is that over the last 4 years relationships have weakened.

I'm sure some have completely deteriorated and no longer exist due to trump.

My relationships with Trump supporting friends, family, and co workers still exist but they just have a shadow over them now. They are not as strong as they once were.

Here's to hoping that after trump leaves the country can begin to heal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Odds Trump is still President in 48 hours?
I would say he 100% will be president in 48 hours.
I'm fact I'm quite certain he makes it until the 20th.

If he gets removed then Trumpers will just treat him like a martyr so I don't even really want him removed at this point. (hell they probably will think of him as a martyr even he finishes his term)

Ideally he would just quit.

Besides the fact that the Trump's are always looking stupid and embarrassing and they only listen to ancient music i don't really see anything wrong with this video. They aren't watching the capital come under attack right? This before all of that right?

Besides the fact that the Trump's are always looking stupid and embarrassing and they only listen to ancient music i don't really see anything wrong with this video. They aren't watching the capital come under attack right? This before all of that right?

I think you're right. I thought he was talking about a road separating the Trumptards from the Capitol.

Amazing thread by one of the best scholars on authoritarianism:

@Red you're a big Tim Snyder fan, like me.

Yeah, It’s exactly what I’ve been saying myself. The Big Lie creates an alternative reality, and embedding it in a conspiracy framework makes it easy to adjust as needed, and easier to control the flock. This has been an amazing one, as it evolved to the point that Trump claimed he won in a landslide, the victory got bigger with the passage of time. You would think people would understand a con, they’re adults, but no, followers remain entranced, entrained. Time to expose the quicksand of conspiracy thought, too. People need a real education in that, it’s poisoning society and the body politic.

Get used to this. It’s coming and coming hard for the next 4 years. GOP going back to its obstructionist roots. They’re going to criticize democrats for every little thing. Get ready for tan suits and the economy isn’t recovering fast enough talk. I guess it’s better than inciting insurrection