What's new

Rio Olympics anyone?

The coverage on NBC at night really sucks. They spend 10-15 minutes having us sit through the warm-ups and then show us a race that the US does not even get a medal in. I would so much rather see highlights of all the events during that wasted time than the crap they are showing each night. I also agree with the poster on how poor it looks to have the empty seats in every arena. How difficult is to to give the tickets away at the last minute?

Warm-ups for what? I watched track from 8:15-10:15 or so straight last night. Other than a **** ton of commercials, I thought it was great.

Do you guys feel that USA athletes get a different standard when it comes to rules in Olympics?
USA women relay team dropped baton they should be disqualified and out. But no, they appeal and jury finds some kind of BS reason to let them run again and instead disqualifies Brazil...you think team from Burundi would get the same treatment in the same situation? Then swimmer champ King makes derogatory comments about Efimova being allowed to compete and calls her drug cheat ( she completed her suspension of 2 years and was allowed to swim) yet she probably knows that mister USA sprinter Gatlin was caught with doping twice and yet he was allowed to run as well. Sorry my American friends, but situations like that makes world dislike you even more.

Do you guys feel that USA athletes get a different standard when it comes to rules in Olympics?
USA women relay team dropped baton they should be disqualified and out. But no, they appeal and jury finds some kind of BS reason to let them run again and instead disqualifies Brazil...you think team from Burundi would get the same treatment in the same situation? Then swimmer champ King makes derogatory comments about Efimova being allowed to compete and calls her drug cheat ( she completed her suspension of 2 years and was allowed to swim) yet she probably knows that mister USA sprinter Gatlin was caught with doping twice and yet he was allowed to run as well. Sorry my American friends, but situations like that makes world dislike you even more.
Is this a real post or just trolling? Not sure if you want a real response or not.

Is this a real post or just trolling? Not sure if you want a real response or not.

yes I want real response. Do you feel that USA athletes are held to the same standards as the rest of the world or they do get preferential treatment?

Brazil got booted because they went into the other lane and hit another team. That gets you disqualified every single time.

Moron.

yes I want real response. Do you feel that USA athletes are held to the same standards as the rest of the world or they do get preferential treatment?
They probably do but your first example does not fit that. They showed the other team crossing the line and making contact with the USA. Felix got bumped bothering her exchange. Any team that felt they had any chance of advancing would have asked for the same thing. Countries that have no chance of winning probably wouldn't want to ask for a re run.

Brazil got booted because they went into the other lane and hit another team. That gets you disqualified every single time.

Moron.

First of all she did not crossed the line with her feet or body or hit anybody, Felix bumped into her with her right arm but she had baton in left arm and still made few steps before dropping it. One could argue that it probably made no real difference and that is Felix who actually run into outstretched arm of the brazilian runner. Anyway, no matter the rules I have doubt that any other countries protest would have been effective.
Watch video reply...Brazilians arm is in the way but she did not do it on purpose, heck american is behind her, she did not even see her. Contrary Felix had her in her sight and had all possibilities to avoid her.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...yson-Felix-ELBOWED-Brazilian-DROPS-baton.html

First of all she did not crossed the line with her feet or body or hit anybody, Felix bumped into her with her right arm but she had baton in left arm and still made few steps before dropping it. One could argue that it probably made no real difference and that is Felix who actually run into outstretched arm of the brazilian runner. Anyway, no matter the rules I have doubt that any other countries protest would have been effective.
Watch video reply...Brazilians arm is in the way but she did not do it on purpose, heck american is behind her, she did not even see her. Contrary Felix had her in her sight and had all possibilities to avoid her.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...yson-Felix-ELBOWED-Brazilian-DROPS-baton.html

image.jpg

Yup. Brazilian chick never went over the line.

Now then sir, Felix does not need to try to avoid any another runner. That is not her responsibility. Come on. Don't be an idiot.

Maybe you should link to an article from a knowledgeable track and field source that agrees with your opinion on this. The article you linked to seems to suggest that even though the situation was unusual, the officials made the right decision.

View attachment 4921

Yup. Brazilian chick never went over the line.

Her left foot snd torso is inside her own line. Only part of her body out is her arm. Since its running I don't know how you can judge crossing the line in that level, there is no line in the air. Otherwise looking at this picture you can see american runners left hand crossing imaginary line as well

Her left foot snd torso is inside her own line. Only part of her body out is her arm. Since its running I don't know how you can judge crossing the line in that level, there is no line in the air. Otherwise looking at this picture you can see american runners left hand crossing imaginary line as well

I understand this is difficult for you, but you can see where the Brazilian runners left arm HITS Felix inside Felix's lane. That is what matters here.

Good grief.

I understand this is difficult for you, but you can see where the Brazilian runners left arm HITS Felix inside Felix's lane. That is what matters here.

Good grief.

Brazilian runner did not hit Felix. Felix run into her. Quite a difference.

Shelby ran pretty well in the 5000 tonight, no medal, but said it was very enjoyable, and hopes to make it back :)

So you didn't want real responses. You wanted to argue.