What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

Donovan Mitchell is just a starter if not 6 man off the bench moving forward. Simmons is an elite defender and.. really just generational talent. Mitchell is throwing up like 19 shots a game to get that 20 points. He is good.. but not a high ceiling talent wise than Simmons. Frankly no GM or fan even would consider trading Simmons for anything including Mitchell and everything else you can throw in too.

You like Stats I see? Great!!! Here is a couple for your thick air headed skull, Simmons is so bad at shooting 3's, his 3PT FG % is 0, Here's another one. A Free throw is called a free throw because of how easy it is to make one. You stand 15 ft away from the basket with no defensive pressure. Its basically a free point. Guess what? Simmons can't get one of those either. He's 54%. Bring up his triple doubles, because its a watered down stat. The king of triple doubles is Russle Westbrook of OKC, and guess what? He can't win a game. Congrats to Philly who is beating a trash Eastern Conference team in a trash Eastern Conference with no talent. The Jazz and Mitchell are beating a team in the great Western Conference that has two future Hall of Famers and possibly a 3rd in Paul George, if Joe Ingles has disturbed him mentally for the rest of his life.

Donovan Mitchell is just a starter if not 6 man off the bench moving forward. Simmons is an elite defender and.. really just generational talent. Mitchell is throwing up like 19 shots a game to get that 20 points. He is good.. but not a high ceiling talent wise than Simmons. Frankly no GM or fan even would consider trading Simmons for anything including Mitchell and everything else you can throw in too.

I also love how you are so proud that you hide your identity. Kevin Durant, is that you? Are you joining Philly next year? Quit making burner accounts you soft pansy, nameless, low expectation waste of a "Jazz Fan". As much as I enjoy ripping you apart limb by limb, at least give me an indication that your not the soft marshmallow cupcake I'm expecting you to be.
Your sitting here spouting off about Ben Simmons. You must be from Philly! A place where the pride of the city is in Rocky Balboa, a fictitious boxer that never existed. Philly has always been trash and they always will be. You win a round in the Eastern Conference, and Ben Simmons is your savior? Welcome to the wild wild west, where any one of our 15 teams will give you the *** whooping of your whole season and we just call it another Tuesday. And yes, please face the Jazz, we will demolish you in a post season game. This 'aint the regular season, this is the post season. While you were tanking and "trusting the process", we were actually trying and promoting wins, establishing a winning culture. Go parade around your statue of a fake boxer. If there was a terrorist attack, you would never be affected because nobody cares about you. That's how much you and your precious 76ers matter.

Reactions: UB
I also love how you are so proud that you hide your identity. Kevin Durant, is that you? Are you joining Philly next year? Quit making burner accounts you soft pansy, nameless, low expectation waste of a "Jazz Fan". As much as I enjoy ripping you apart limb by limb, at least give me an indication that your not the soft marshmallow cupcake I'm expecting you to be.
Your sitting here spouting off about Ben Simmons. You must be from Philly! A place where the pride of the city is in Rocky Balboa, a fictitious boxer that never existed. Philly has always been trash and they always will be. You win a round in the Eastern Conference, and Ben Simmons is your savior? Welcome to the wild wild west, where any one of our 15 teams will give you the *** whooping of your whole season and we just call it another Tuesday. And yes, please face the Jazz, we will demolish you in a post season game. This 'aint the regular season, this is the post season. While you were tanking and "trusting the process", we were actually trying and promoting wins, establishing a winning culture. Go parade around your statue of a fake boxer. If there was a terrorist attack, you would never be affected because nobody cares about you. That's how much you and your precious 76ers matter.

Ice cold and on point! Best thing about Philly aside from Reading Terminal Market is the show (filmed in LA) about how ****** Philly is.

I find it hard to vote for Ben just because of his stat line. On paper it looks great, but understand, a facilitating player who can't shoot will always have more assists. The higher shooting percentage is easy when you don't shoot jump shots. And also, is the best player really someone who your opponent could adopt a hack-a-Ben strategy in clutch game time?

But when you throw in things like elite defense, rebounding, court vision, play making, effiecient scoring along with great passing , you have a generational player. Everyone agrees He is special player.
I'm glad we all agree that Donovan Mitchell is a generational, special player. Thanks for admitting that finally.

I'm glad we all agree that Donovan Mitchell is a generational, special player. Thanks for admitting that finally.

So you can not read? the generational player I was referring to is Ben. Mitchell is great, but simmons is simply on a higher level.

Btw, mitchell sucked today. His stupid shot selections was one of the main reasons why jazz lost the 5th game of the series.

Last edited:
I find it hard to vote for Ben just because of his stat line. On paper it looks great, but understand, a facilitating player who can't shoot will always have more assists. The higher shooting percentage is easy when you don't shoot jump shots. And also, is the best player really someone who your opponent could adopt a hack-a-Ben strategy in clutch game time?

hack~a~ben does not work anymore.
Ben is now shooting 71% FT in the playoff.

But when you throw in things like elite defense, rebounding, court vision, play making, effiecient scoring along with great passing , you have a generational player like Simmons. Everyone agrees He is special player.

Simmons is a special player, I don't think anyone is denying that. We are talking about Rookie of the year. You mention, court vision, play making, great passing. They are all the same thing, NOT 3 different categories.
Lets talk about efficient scoring.
Simmons- Attempted 11 3PT field goals and missed all of them. Last time I checked an efficient scorer makes shots. His stat line tells you that he is so bad from 3, he wont even attempt one and when he does, he misses. Is that efficient?
Mitchell- Breaks the NBA ALL TIME 3 point record by making 187 3 pointers his first season. That's exactly 187 more than Simmons (So simple even you can understand).
In other words, the most EFFICIENT 3 POINT RECORD BY A ROOKIE EVER!!!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Lets move on to efficient scoring. Free throws are scoring in its finest. Free throws win games, lets see how they stack up.
Simmons- 191 made and 341 attempted. I know you may be thinking this number is wrong because its so low. Nope, its right. He can't shoot the only shot in the NBA that they give to you for "free".

Mitchell- 239 made and 297 attempted. He attempted 44 less than Simmons the Savior, but made 48 more.
Points Per Game-
Simmons- 15.8
Mitchell- 20.5
Field Goals
Simmons- 544 made out of 998, keeping in mind that all 544 were 2 point baskets @ 54% and although that is good, it should be, seeing how, 90% of his shots were taken within a 15 ft range.
Mitchell- 595 made out of 1362 attempted, with 187 of those being a 3 point shot, that Simmons couldn't hit a single one of.

Even though, I am not a huge believer in stats, because I think that stats can be misconceived by the uneducated. I watched my first game as a child in 1988 and have been hooked ever since. Not just watching, but studying. I think it is obvious when I say, some will tell and some will fail. There are many stats that their importance is "fluffed" and others where they will tell you the strengths and weaknesses of an entire team.

Court Vision? Lets get in!! Don't speak unless your delivering facts. I'll take the time, you didn't. I'll express the passion you didn't, I'll show this beautiful love for the game of basketball that you didn't.

Stats that I believe mean little to nothing in this day in age of basketball,
The Triple Double.
Something that many players are able to do in todays NBA, that used to be something of a "special stat".
Why do I think this? Easy,,,,,,, Math.
Lets remove the teammates of triple double stat creators admitting to "stat padding". Lets say they go away from the equation even though they have called out their teammates numerous times over the last couple of years.
I want to remove them completely. Because stat padding has been going on since the days of stat tracking.

Todays game is a different game from years ago. Every play is boiled down to possessions per game, and since the exit of the hand check defense, defense in itself has become something of a lost art in the NBA.

We can't deny that there are more possessions. We can't deny that players are more athletic. We can only question talent, work ethic and drive.

I know players today are more athletic, than in the NBA heyday. But I would say that they weren't more talented, I wouldn't say that they work harder on or off the court, and I wouldn't say that they are more driven.

From 1990-2016 the total combined triple double's from every player of every year has averaged 39.1 combined triple doubles per year.
For the last 2 years (2017-2018) the total combined triple average is 112.5.

Is there really talent enough to support a 287% increase in the past 2 years.
The pace of the game and non existent defense being implemented has led to an insane growth of triple doubles, making the stat useless when it comes to evaluating special players.
What am I saying? The triple double stat is watered down!
Westbrook 42
Harden 22
James 13
Jokic 6
D. Green 5
Elfrid Payton had 5 triple doubles last year!! Elfrid Payton!!!
Greek Freak 3
J. Randle 3
Butler 2
Cousins 2
M. Gasol 2
and there were 12 players with 1 triple double.

The triple double stat isn't special!

Simmons, had a hurt foot for 2 months and the team decided to keep him out the whole year, to practice with the team, 5 on 5's, learn chemistry, and here he is excelling in a talentless Eastern Conference, Where the biggest names are Simmons, Embiid, and James.
2 of the biggest names are on one team in a low talent eastern conference.

Simmons is a special player, I don't think anyone is denying that. We are talking about Rookie of the year. You mention, court vision, play making, great passing. They are all the same thing, NOT 3 different categories.
Lets talk about efficient scoring.
Simmons- Attempted 11 3PT field goals and missed all of them. Last time I checked an efficient scorer makes shots. His stat line tells you that he is so bad from 3, he wont even attempt one and when he does, he misses. Is that efficient?
Mitchell- Breaks the NBA ALL TIME 3 point record by making 187 3 pointers his first season. That's exactly 187 more than Simmons (So simple even you can understand).
In other words, the most EFFICIENT 3 POINT RECORD BY A ROOKIE EVER!!!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Lets move on to efficient scoring. Free throws are scoring in its finest. Free throws win games, lets see how they stack up.
Simmons- 191 made and 341 attempted. I know you may be thinking this number is wrong because its so low. Nope, its right. He can't shoot the only shot in the NBA that they give to you for "free".

Mitchell- 239 made and 297 attempted. He attempted 44 less than Simmons the Savior, but made 48 more.
Points Per Game-
Simmons- 15.8
Mitchell- 20.5
Field Goals
Simmons- 544 made out of 998, keeping in mind that all 544 were 2 point baskets @ 54% and although that is good, it should be, seeing how, 90% of his shots were taken within a 15 ft range.
Mitchell- 595 made out of 1362 attempted, with 187 of those being a 3 point shot, that Simmons couldn't hit a single one of.

Even though, I am not a huge believer in stats, because I think that stats can be misconceived by the uneducated. I watched my first game as a child in 1988 and have been hooked ever since. Not just watching, but studying. I think it is obvious when I say, some will tell and some will fail. There are many stats that their importance is "fluffed" and others where they will tell you the strengths and weaknesses of an entire team.

Court Vision? Lets get in!! Don't speak unless your delivering facts. I'll take the time, you didn't. I'll express the passion you didn't, I'll show this beautiful love for the game of basketball that you didn't.

Stats that I believe mean little to nothing in this day in age of basketball,
The Triple Double.
Something that many players are able to do in todays NBA, that used to be something of a "special stat".
Why do I think this? Easy,,,,,,, Math.
Lets remove the teammates of triple double stat creators admitting to "stat padding". Lets say they go away from the equation even though they have called out their teammates numerous times over the last couple of years.
I want to remove them completely. Because stat padding has been going on since the days of stat tracking.

Todays game is a different game from years ago. Every play is boiled down to possessions per game, and since the exit of the hand check defense, defense in itself has become something of a lost art in the NBA.

We can't deny that there are more possessions. We can't deny that players are more athletic. We can only question talent, work ethic and drive.

I know players today are more athletic, than in the NBA heyday. But I would say that they weren't more talented, I wouldn't say that they work harder on or off the court, and I wouldn't say that they are more driven.

From 1990-2016 the total combined triple double's from every player of every year has averaged 39.1 combined triple doubles per year.
For the last 2 years (2017-2018) the total combined triple average is 112.5.

Is there really talent enough to support a 287% increase in the past 2 years.
The pace of the game and non existent defense being implemented has led to an insane growth of triple doubles, making the stat useless when it comes to evaluating special players.
What am I saying? The triple double stat is watered down!
Westbrook 42
Harden 22
James 13
Jokic 6
D. Green 5
Elfrid Payton had 5 triple doubles last year!! Elfrid Payton!!!
Greek Freak 3
J. Randle 3
Butler 2
Cousins 2
M. Gasol 2
and there were 12 players with 1 triple double.

The triple double stat isn't special!

Simmons, had a hurt foot for 2 months and the team decided to keep him out the whole year, to practice with the team, 5 on 5's, learn chemistry, and here he is excelling in a talentless Eastern Conference, Where the biggest names are Simmons, Embiid, and James.
2 of the biggest names are on one team in a low talent eastern conference.

Simmons actually did not attempt one single genuine 3 point shot during the regular season. All of his 3 point shots were full court or half court heaves. No one would expect these shots to go in.

Last edited:
Simmons actually did not attempt one genuine single 3 point shot during the regular season. All of his 3 point shots were full court or half court heaves. No.one would expect these shots to go in.

The modern NBA Guard position kind of is the 3. Not taking it makes him a liability... less Jordan/Lebron, more Steve Francis.

Unless he develops a somewhat respectable 3ball, he'll be figured out and exposed in a couple of years.

So you can not read? the generational player I was referring to is Ben. Mitchell is great, but simmons is simply on a higher level.

I read just fine. You didn't mention a player by name, but the qualities you mentioned seemed to fit Mitchell much better than Ben so I just assumed. Ben can't possibly be referred to as a generational player until he improves his free throw shooting at least, and probably also 3 point shooting. I mean if he were a center, then perhaps. But certainly not as a point guard/point forward.

The modern NBA Guard position kind of is the 3. Not taking it makes him a liability... less Jordan/Lebron, more Steve Francis.

Unless he develops a somewhat respectable 3ball, he'll be figured out and exposed in a couple of years.

This. I remember one playwhere Simmons received a pass at the three point line. His man immediately sagged into the paint. Simmons advanced the ball to the elbow, where his man met him, all he could come up with was a difficult 15ft fadeaway jumper that never had a chance of going in.

He was literally holding the ball at the 3 line with the closest player being 10 feet away, had he had any three point ability what so ever, he'd have taken that shot. This makes me wonder if he'll ever be able to hit 3's or if this shot will ever be in his game. If not his rookie season will end up being his best season of his career. I don't know how he'll improve without it

Look at Ronnie Brewer. Coming out of college the scouting report was that he could play some pg, but never played any in the NBA, and despite athleticism he was limited in what he could do on offense because he couldn't shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read just fine. You didn't mention a player by name, but the qualities you mentioned seemed to fit Mitchell much better than Ben so I just assumed. Ben can't possibly be referred to as a generational player until he improves his free throw shooting at least, and probably also 3 point shooting. I mean if he were a center, then perhaps. But certainly not as a point guard/point forward.

yeah, qualities like playmaking, elite defense, rebounding, court vision, efficient scoring, great passing fit mitchell better than simmons ? Are you kidding me ?

This. I remember one playwhere Simmons received a pass at the three point line. His man immediately sagged into the paint. Simmons advanced the ball to the elbow, where his man met him, all he could come up with was a difficult 15ft fadeaway jumper that never had a chance of going in.

He was literally holding the ball at the 3 line with the closest player being 10 feet away, had he had any three point ability what so ever, he'd have taken that shot. This makes me wonder if he'll ever be able to hit 3's or if this shot will ever be in his game. If not his rookie season will end up being his best season of his career. I don't know how he'll improve without it

Look at Ronnie Brewer. Coming out of college the scouting report was that he could play some pg, but never played any in the NBA, and despite athleticism he was limited in what he could do on offense because he couldn't shoot.

When you are so efficient scoring inside the paint like Ben, why bother taking the 3s, which is a lower % shot?

You must have just woken from a long thirty year coma, or you have a limited knowledge of basketball.

No, you are very wrong. Taking 2 point shots inside the paint is simply more efficient than chucking 3s and benefit your team more. And this is exactly what simmons is doing.

Let's do some maths:
Mitchell is a 30 % 3 point shooter, Ben is a 55% 2 point shooter, lets say they each takes 10 shots

mitchell 10×3×0.3= 9 poiints
simmons 10×2× 0.55= 11 points

As you can see, if you are an efficient shooter inside the paint like Ben, your team actually gain more points from simmons' scoring inside the paint than mitchell's 3 balls. Hope this make sense to you.