What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

People who are naturally good at spelling and thinking they're automatically smarter than people who can't spell. Ironically, this helped me to a certain extent.

Unless I routinely use words or if it's auto-populated on my phone, I have to Google how to spell something and then copy and paste it. I spell better in Spanish than English because of simple *phonetics (thanks auto populate.) Lol

People's brain's work differently and that's not being cute.
When I realize I routinely misspell a word I have to pronounce it different in my head to ever get it right consistently. Like "restaurant" I have to think of as "rest awe rant" or else I put the u behind the second a like "restaraunt".

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

It is becoming a peeve of mine to see people walking around in public places, making no effort to maintain any kind of distance, and having their "mask" hanging from one ear or pulled down under their chin. I get it is a huge imposition to wear a mask for 5 minutes to go into the convenience store to buy your cigarettes, but some of us are making an effort. Assholes.

Went golfing this morning at 630 am. Took my 6 year old an 10 year old so I already knew it would be rough. But the first 5 holes had at least 5 tractor lawnmowers each running the entire time.

How am I supposed to putt with my 6 year old running around trying to get hit by a club or ball, 5 mexicans riding loud *** tractors during my backswing, no alcohol in me as its 6 am. I'm an 8 handicap and I shot a 50 on 9. Not a good day at all god dammit.

A girl I knew growing up, her mom was my babysitter from like age 2-9, who I only have facebook contact with now posted her irritation with NC governor mandating masks.

She says that she and what I assume is one of her kids can't wear masks because she has asthma. Then she expresses how happy she is that she's going to be traveling to Florida next week, presumably because they didn't have a mask mandate at the time.

So this bitch is all about how she was a Marine... Newsflash, you can't be in the military if you have asthma. Not only that, but you are going to find yourself wearing a variety of masks in the course of military service, not the least of which is an entire chemical attack suit.

So she's just a liar that doesn't want to wear a mask

Okay, this one is serious. I mean seriously serious. Not a stupid pet peeve at all but a serious issue that is threatening our status as a first world civilization.

Here's a sample of questions on a random electrical appliance on Amazon:

Q: Can this run on 220v?

A: No, it says in the description 110v 60Hz

A: Not this one, They sell a different version for 220v with the proper plug.

A: No.

A: Nope 110v

A: 110v only. Sorry (seller)

Q: Where is this made?

A: China

A: I'm not sure.

A: Check the description...

Q: Is this 110v or 220v???

A: 110

A: 110v only

A: 110, they make one for 220v available on Amazon EU

A: Description says 110V

Q: Is this made in the USA?

A: Nope

A: China and it's junk

A: Things are made in the USA?

A: Not USA, China ugh

Q: Can I use an adapter to run this on 220v?

A: No, 110v only.

A: no

A: No, they make a different model for 220v.

A: 110v READ THE DESCRIPTION!!!

Q: Hey, anyone know where this is made?

A; China

A girl I knew growing up, her mom was my babysitter from like age 2-9, who I only have facebook contact with now posted her irritation with NC governor mandating masks.

She says that she and what I assume is one of her kids can't wear masks because she has asthma. Then she expresses how happy she is that she's going to be traveling to Florida next week, presumably because they didn't have a mask mandate at the time.

So this bitch is all about how she was a Marine... Newsflash, you can't be in the military if you have asthma. Not only that, but you are going to find yourself wearing a variety of masks in the course of military service, not the least of which is an entire chemical attack suit.

So she's just a liar that doesn't want to wear a mask

The brits had a good approach during the first gulf war, wear your chemical weapons suit or get shot.

Mosquitos.

I wanna enjoy the summer time all day, all night but God damn they’re annoying, especially once 7pm or so rolls around.

Are there any states with super low or virtually no mosquito activity?

Mosquitos.

I wanna enjoy the summer time all day, all night but God damn they’re annoying, especially once 7pm or so rolls around.

Utah. At least in my part of Orem there are practically none. After living in Maryland and Wisconsin it is glorious.

Mosquitos.

I have done 4 camping trips so far this year and 2 of them had a ton of mosquitoes. But I have found over the years that they don't mess with me for some reason. I don't ever use bug spray and they never bite me. They will be surrounding me but don't **** with me for some reason. I never wear lotion, chapstick, after shave, cologne, chew gum, etc. My theory is that they leave me alone because I'm unscented

Learning to play NBA2K2019, I ve never played any of those before and suck at it immensely. At least I can blame Exum for my woes.

Mosquitos.

We don't have much here, and I'm even not that far from a canal. Lots of gigantic flies though.

Mosquitos.

I think those ****ers live everywhere and will survive the nuclear apocalypse. Does anyone know any trick how to repent them if you want to sit in the garden in the evening?